Padme Amidala Padmé's ROTS sleeveless outfit

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Obi Anne, Jan 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Princess_Lesa Force Ghost

star 1
    You can keep an eye on eBay. There are a few people that make this costume. The quality varies. I may have an extra if I redo my, but that's about three projects down on my list. Good luck...I know there are some for sale out there.
  2. JainaMSolo Jedi Knight

star 3
    Princess_Lesa, is that an upholstery fabric or is it a fashion fabric? I had difficulty finding suedes when I was at Hancock.
  3. Lady_Eirtae Force Ghost

star 2
    Thank you Princess_Lesa! It was very helpful.
  4. Princess_Lesa Force Ghost

star 1
    The fabric is a fashion fabric. What the Hancock's have in stock here varies from store to store. First store I visited did not have it. I went to another one, and there it was. I'm actually shopping for Ewok Leia dress fabric for my daughter, but what that costume uses and this one are very similar. This fabric was just in and pretty new. For the fall, I guess.
  5. wookie_cookie Jedi Knight

star 1
    Any recommendation for the boots? I've been looking online, but no luck so far, :(
  6. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    I watched ROTS some days ago again, and I'm pretty sure that I saw a lining in the dress. Just when Anakin has thrown her to the ground and the camera is filming her from the feet up there is a second hemmed layer visible. Is it just me who has seen it?
  7. Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Not just you Obi-Anne :) We saw it on the real thing when we were looking to see if it was there, so I took a nice butt-shot of the mannequin:

[image=http://www.sistersola.com/CIII/CIIIThurs/CIIIThurs-072.jpg]
  8. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    Now that's what you get when you thought the lines were too long at C3. :)
  9. Princess_Lesa Force Ghost

star 1
    wookie_cookie, on boots check Chadwicks.com. They had some perfect boots last year. They should be getting their fall/winter boots soon.

I got mine locally at a Norstrom's Rack. They are not suede or canvas, but they work fine...in the summer, it was all I could get. Hope that Helps!
  10. wookie_cookie Jedi Knight

star 1
    I found some yesterday at DSW. Thanks for the info though!
  11. Lilianna-Skywalker Jedi Padawan

Okay if you try the wig thing again, you might habe to get a wig cap and use bobby pins(the kind that look old fashion). That will secure a better fit.

It really depends on how long your hair is. If it is long enough I would go with your real hair as the long braid and getting clip on hair extensions from https://drlocks.net/cart/. for the little braids.

It is important to have a stable base for the extensions to clip on to or they will just look silly. I personally do the wig work and then add the extensions on from that.

Hello all...currently in planning stages for the costume. The one thing I was worried about was the buckle but after seeing Lescas it has really given me a better idea.

Hoping to get this done by January so I can wear it to Ohayocon. But if I can get my butt in gear I'll have it for halloween. *crosses fingers*

12. Princess_Lesa Force Ghost

star 1
    I'm glad to see this thread moving again. You really can get this one done quickly once you get the supplies together. I'm actually looking at ways to improve how I do my hair too.

I do so wish I could see the real thing in LA. Sigh.

I think about redoing this one to get the seams more accurate, but it will be a while from now if I do. I do LOVE the fabric I got from Hancocks. I got plenty in case I decide to redo this one. I'm working on my daughter's Ewok Leia dress with the same fabric now.
  13. Aiel Jedi Master

star 4
    Hi everyone, your costumes turned out so pretty.

I was tossing up between this costume and an Arica Mara Jade costume for a Christmas pagent, but I think you've all convinced me to do this one.

I already have the boots, they were a friend of my mother's and are from the sixties, with a slight heal. I'm going to start work on the tunic and I've already been opshoping and found a pair of pants that are perfect, right colour and everything.

The information you had on how you done the broches was amazing, thanks so much and I'll keep you updated on what I do. :)
  14. Princess_Lesa Force Ghost

star 1
    Good luck making it! Be sure to post pictures!
  15. Natalied19 Jedi Padawan

I was wondering if anyone knows where I can have this costume (just the tunic) made for me.
  16. Princess_Lesa Force Ghost

star 1
    Your best bet may be a local seamstress. You just need the fabric and a basic tunic or jumper pattern. I used Simplicity 8589, but check this thread for recommendations.

I have not seen anyone making just the tunic at this time, but keep your eye on eBay. You never know.
  17. oB-Anshee Jedi Knight

star 1
    I just realised that even if I started this topic, I still haven't posted any photos of my costume. One reason has been that I was really not satisfied with the brooch that I made for C3. Well now I've replaced that one, and here's a pic of me from a Halloween party yesterday.
  18. dinochick Jedi Knight

star 1
    I just finished my "making of" page for this outfit. I don't know if any of my information will be helpfull, but I wanted to send out a huge THANK YOU to everyone here for sharing thier tips and comments! I look forward to any comments you may have to share. I know there are several things that I will do diffrently next time, but lets just call this version 1.
  19. Aiel Jedi Master

star 4
    I've had to put my version of this one on the shelf unfortunately.

It's almost Summer here in Australia (it always comes early) so this costume is a bit too hot , even though it's almost done. I plan to have it ready for winter and a couple of things going on at that time, meantime for the pageant I'm helping out my mother with a Leia Ceremonial gown we vowed to do at least two years ago.

So, I'll get back to this one as soon as I get a bit of time! (Time? What time?)

Gorgeous pictures by the way dinochick!
  20. dinochick Jedi Knight

star 1
    Thank you :) I wish I could be in Australia right now where it is warm! Good luck on your Ceremonial gown, I need to get that one made as well.
  21. Tenyon Jedi Knight

star 2
    Attempted the brooch of this costume, so, here's some information of my experience, hope it helps here and there.

Making the brooch is a really time consuming process. I printed out the brooch real life size and cut it out. Than I rolled out a layer of Fimo (Sculpey) clay and placed the paper brooch on it.
    Take a little knife and start to cut around the borders of the paper brooch. When you are finished you have to trace the lines of your paper brooch, so you press the lines in the clay and can cut them out with your hobby knife later. When you?re finished (and that can take a while), bake the Fimo only for 15 minutes (instead of 30min) in the oven. You now have the base shape of your brooch and you will have to fill it in with more Fimo clay to get the details right.
    Fill in the swirly?s, the center of the brooch (but leave the little squares out for now) and the leaves (the flowers will be added later) and bake it again for a short time in the oven.
    Now you can ad the squares in the middle and the tiny flowers. You can make the flowers by taking very little amounts of clay, role them between your fingers and press them on the leaves. Every little ?ball? is a petal or the center of the flower, I used a hairpin to shape and smoothen the little balls.
    When you?re done, bake it in the oven for the last time.
    The purpose of these ?baking? phases is that you don?t have to worry that you might press or ruin your earlier work, but can begin with a solid base, everytime you start on a new layer.

Now, you can spray paint your brooch. (If your paint doesn?t dry you might consider putting a white primer coat on it first) You can use a hairpin, pin or Velcro to attach your pin to the leather straps.

(Sorry for the blurry picture)

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/Tenyon/costumes%20and%20gear/sleeveless_gesp.jpg]
  22. Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus

star 4
    That turned out excellent Tenyon! :)
  23. Tenyon Jedi Knight

star 2
  24. JediMistress Jedi Master

star 2
    EXCELLENT job on the broach Tenyon!
  25. Tenyon Jedi Knight

star 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.