main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padme/ Amidala

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Masura171, May 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Masura171

Masura171 Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    I have done some searches and cant find any reference to this. In TPM and AOTC there are two people for these roles, the attendant and the queen/senator. The queen is amidala and the attentant is padme as I understand it. When padme confessed to the gungans that she was amidala i just thought that was a clever security precaution.

Fast forward to AOTC and Padme is killed. yet everyone after Padme dies calls Amidala Padme. So what am i missing? what was the name of the attendant? shouldnt everyone be calling the Natalie Portman character Amidala? who is anakin in love with the attendant or the real queen/senator?

2. DarthShag

DarthShag Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
  3. Bjork

Bjork Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 21, 2002
    The Queen and Padmé are (character wise) the same person: Amidala is just her adopted political title/last name while Padmé is her "regular citizen" name, if you will.

However, once the Trade Federation lands on Naboo for the first time a decoy poses as the Queen and Padmé (still Amidala, but referred to by her regular name) pretends to be a handmaiden as not to get captured. The decoy for the Queen is named Sabé (and played by another actress named Keira Knightley).

In AOTC they pulled the decoy trick again - instead of Senator Padmé Naberrie Amidala on the ship it's another decoy named Cordé.

Hopefully that helps you. :) If it doesn't let me know.

4. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    I think you put it pretty clear. :)

5. Chaotic_Serenity

Chaotic_Serenity Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 10, 2004
    Padme Ambidala Naberrie. Padme Ambidala Skywalker.

Geez, no matter which way you say it, it's one heck of a mouthful. No wonder Anakin sticks to the first name. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.