main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Padme and Ani's Tale-Ami/Obi/Ani-Ep II and III: slight AU

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by tvdunlop, Oct 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    I would understand. even if I would miss it. Just please do give some sort of ending. Which story are you going to continue on?

How you related Padme's feelings about raising her children and how Bail and Obiwan are concerned about how different she is now, was very well written.

2. tvdunlop

tvdunlop Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2003
    Options
    Once they were in outer space Padme paused to think about her options. She could fight and live a half life always doubting her decisions, she could die, or she could just take each day one at a time. She opted for the last option, there was no need to hurry, no need to rush. She put her hands on the babies; soon they would be born in a world of turmoil and hate. This was not right, how could she raise them, where could she raise them. Obi Wan opened the door, "We're here, and I hope that we can land without being noticed." She sighed, "Where's here?" he hesitated, "Bail Organa's palace on Aldeeran." She looked startled and a small smile flickered across her face, "It's perfect," she whispered. Here her babies would be born in a planet not yet within the grip of the empire and she would be free to live without the fear of Vader finding her.

"So what are you going to do with the children?" Bail asked his old friend once Padme had gone to bed. "I don't know, I have to separate them because of the combined Force presence." He nodded, "Padme can stay here forever as long as she maintains a low profile." Obi Wan nodded, "I have no doubt of that, and she has suffered too much to care anymore." Bail nodded sadly, "I remember when she was Queen, how strong and happy she was. Now she's a mere ghost of what she had been." Bail hesitated, "Vader's looking for you." Obi Wan nodded, "I know, but I'm hoping he won't look here for a while." Bail looked uneasy, "I will allow you refuge here, but you must know I cannot jeopardize my people." Obi Wan nodded, "I will separate the children immediately, and I will leave. I was hoping perhaps Padme could reside here with you." Bail nodded, "What about the child you don't take?" Obi Wan shifted his weight, "I was hoping you'd adopt it." Bail look startled, "I suppose I could. I do owe you something in return for our early days working together when you saved my life." "Do you know anything about Darth Sidious?" Bail asked. Obi Wan shook his head, "No, I'm trying to contact the other Jedi, but I need to finish this first." Bail nodded and then smiled, "I'm retiring, good night." Obi Wan nodded and then stepped outside.

Padme stared at the Jedi's back, she loved him, she knew that much. Her heart though remained tied to Anakin, "Damn it," she muttered. Obi Wan turned sensing her presence, "What's wrong? Are you alright?" His voice conveyed his worry as he stood there, the picture of calm. Padme's heart broke, why didn't Ani have some of that Jedi calm, not just reckless behavior? Her life could have been so different. "I'm alright, I saw you down here and I wondered if you were alright?" He looked down, "I'm okay considering the circumstances." She walked over to him, "Whenever I think of him, I wonder why he did what he did. We loved him so much, why didn't he know that." Obi Wan looked down, "That he knew of your love I have no doubt, it is mine I wonder about." Padme stared at him uncertainly, "But you did love him, didn't you?" Obi Wan nodded, "Like a son, but I don't think Anakin ever realized that, I didn't express my love enough, that was one of my shortcomings, and probably why he identified with you. You weren't afraid of the consequences of loving him, and you displayed that openly." Padme blushed looking down remembering?.
    "I should go back to bed, good night Master Jedi." He bowed with a smile, "Good night Padme."

3. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    Oh this this is great. Love how you pointed out that she loved Obiwan, but was tied to anakin. Also about the fact that maybe Obiwan did not tell anakin that he loved him as a son enough and that it might have made some difference. Can't wait to see where you go from here. The plot is thickening.

4. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    Giving this an up.

5. tvdunlop

tvdunlop Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2003
    Well, ha-ha, I finally updated this, it's really short and I still have no idea where I'm headed with it?..we'll see. Anyway enjoy?..and let me know what you think about my plotline?.i still kinda have writer's block..lol

Chapter 11: Time Passes By
    Six months later Padme gave birth to two healthy children and just as Obi Wan had hoped, feared and prayed for, strong in the Force. He knew instantly that the boy would have to be taken, he had the most Force potential and his sister had the makings of a politician. Padme was happy, for the first time since Anakin had fallen and it broke Obi Wan's heart to think of taking Luke away. She'd named him that because it meant light. She wanted them to have their father's name and Obi Wan didn't have the heart to tell her what he had to do just yet. He sat thinking about what he could do to make it easier on her when suddenly pain and agony exploded in his head. As he lay on the ground, Bail rushed in, "Obi Wan, there's been a mass slaughter of the Jedi." Obi Wan staggered to his feet and rushed to the holograph, "Oh Force," he whispered. "At least thirty Jedi are believed dead, the traitors have paid the highest price." Obi Wan felt his knees buckle, Yoda had to still be alive, he would have felt it if Yoda had died. He knew in a heartbeat he had to move fast.

Padme looked up in surprise as the Jedi rushed in," Obi Wan?" she looked worried. "Many Jedi have just been murdered," he whispered. She didn't know what to say, "Padme, I need to separate the children, Vader will find us all here, and he will kill us all." She smacked him hard across the cheek, "My husband would never kill me, and you said he loved me because I expressed my love for him. HE will not kill me Obi Wan, you yes, me never. He won't kill our children either, I can turn him back Obi Wan." Her eyes held sudden hatred. "Please stay here Padme, let me take Luke and bring him somewhere he will be safe. Leia can stay with you and Luke will carry his father's name and legacy." Padme's mind had snapped with the news that she'd have to part with one of her children because of Vader's rage and she was determined to justify him and make him out to be good; she wouldn't have to give him up then. "Padme, he murdered the Jedi, he is no longer your husband, you know that, you've told me that. You came here with me because you fear him and because you want your children to be safe." "I will not give him up, Anakin will take us back." She rushed from the room in anger. Obi wan sank to his knees in despair?.

6. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    That was a great post.

I hope that Padme comes to realize that Obiwan is right and she needs to listen to him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.