main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Padme and Bail - Original Trilogy Notes AU (with lady_sapphire as Padme)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LukeSkywalker_2001, Jun 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LukeSkywalker_2001

LukeSkywalker_2001 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 18, 2002
    The character of Padmé will be played by lady_sapphire. The Author of each Note will be clearly labled.

lady_sapphire's link can be found here:
    http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=1163508
    (Please check out her stories too )

Timeframe: From ANH events through ROTJ events

The quick background story of the Padmé and Bail OT Notes-

Padmé, who did not die in ROTS events, was told that Luke had died shortly after birth. For this reason, she thinks her son is dead. Leia was given to Bail to raise, but she had been kidnapped at age 3. Ever since the Republic had fallen, Padmé, Shmi, and Bail had worked together to build up the Rebellion.

In my stories, Bail Antilles and Bail Organa are the same person, and Bail will change his last name to Organa later in the story. The Captain Antilles in ROTS and mentioned in ANH is Bail's cousin, with the same first and last name (Bail Antilles).

Bail had been a close friend of Padmé's through the Loyalist Committee and he was there to support her when Anakin turned. He is one of the few people who knew that Padmé had married Anakin, that she was ever pregnant, and that she had twins. However, like Padmé, he was told that Luke had died shortly after birth. Therefore, he does not know that Luke is alive.

Bail has always been a close friend of Padmé's and now they discuss current circumstances and the Death Star Plans.

The Rebellion has plotted to steal the technical plans of the Death Star, and things are looking up for them...

and so these Notes begin...

2. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    Author - LukeSkywalker_2001

Note 1:
    Padmé,

I wanted to update you on our secret Death Star operation. I have been informed that our forces were able to steal the Death Star plans. However, the plans are currently stored in a droid, on a planet called Blue Waters.

I will be sending a team to Blue Waters to retrieve the plans.

Do you have any indication that the Empire is aware that we have the plans?

It has been quite a while since we last corresponded. How have Rebel operations been going from your end? How has life been treating you?

There is something else I need to tell you?.Leia?.Leia was taken years ago, possibly by the Maurders. She has been missing since she was three years old. I thought that as her biological mother, you should be aware of this. This is a subject that I have struggled with for years.

Bail

3. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    Author - lady_sapphire

Note 2
    Bail,

As far as I know, the Empire does not know of our plans. I just received a letter from Vader and he asked me where our base was. I know that he would have at least hinted at it if he knew anything about our plans. You know how he likes to play mind games with me.

Leia...I feared something like this would happen. I miss her, but I always thought that she would be safe. Apparently, we were wrong. Do not blame yourself Bail. There was nothing you could have done. Now, we must pray that Leia will return to us unharmed.

Padme

4. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002

Note 3
    Padmé,

Your husband contacted you? He knows that you are alive then?hmmm?I hope he doesn?t know about your children. Do you have any indication that he might know?

This is not going to be easy, Padmé. The newest update from the team that were sent after the plans were unable to find those droids. I fear the worst: that we have failed in the operation, and that the Empire has the plans. Correon assured me that the droids were sent to Blue Waters. I don?t know what to think now. Nothing is certain.

Let?s hope that the Empire continues to be unable to locate our Base.

I think you are right about Vader. If he had known anything about our base, he would have hinted at it. You know him better than anyone, Padmé. Mind games certainly do seem to be his specialty.

I felt that my wife and I would be able to protect Leia as well. I am sorry that we failed you. Padmé, as hard as this is for me to say, and for you to hear, we must be real. Leia has been missing since she was three. It is not likely that she is still alive. Let?s not abandon all hope, but as I told Correon, it is unlikely that she is still alive.

Once this mess with the Death Star plans has been straightened out, we can start a search for her. I don?t know what we will find, but we can try.

Bail

5. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    Author - lady_sapphire

Note 4
    Bail,

Yes, he?s contacted me again actually. He threatened to torture me if I didn?t tell him what I knew about the stolen Death Star plans, just what every wife wants to hear from her husband. But fortunately, he still believes that we only had one child and that that child died in childbirth. His mind games are becoming more intense but I?m trying to give it back as much as I possibly can.

I fear that worst as well, Bail. If we have failed and the Empire has our plans, I don?t know what we will do. But somehow, I feel like this will all work out. I have to stay positive or else I will drive myself insane with worry.

As I said before, do not blame yourself about Leia. We can only hope and pray that Leia is returned to us safely. I?m afraid that?s why I want our mission to end quickly. I want Leia returned as soon as possible. It is selfish, I know, but I can?t help it. She?s still my flesh and blood and I want her to return to safety.

Padme

6. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002

Note 5
    Padmé,

I have some news for you. Please do not get your hopes up, but I felt that you needed to know this information. Wedge, who was on the droid recover team, just related the most unusual information. There were Maurders on Blue Waters while they were there. Apparently these people were anxious about something?or someone. They mentioned a female, and, from Wedge?s description, they didn?t seem to want the Rebellion to find her. It could be a long shot, but it is possible they could be speaking of Leia. Please do not get your hopes up just yet. This was just a suspicion on my part. It could just be a female slave that had run away.

According to Wedge, there was also a small hut that someone lives in. Wedge didn?t think the owner was connected with the Maurders in any way. It is risky, but maybe we should send someone back out to Blue Waters to talk with this person in the hut. There is a possibility that this person may know about the droids, or have the droids?or maybe about this girl the Maurders seem to be looking for. I am considering sending someone out. What is your opinion of this?

As long as Vader does not know where we are, you are safe from his threats. He is probably just trying to scare you into telling him information that he wants. Since you are his wife, it?s likely that he thinks he can get that information from you easily. I am truly sorry that your husband treats you like this. You deserve to be treated better, but you are his wife. The burden must be heavy.

Hmmm?well let him continue to think that you only had one child, and that it died in childbirth. That is safest. Yes, it is fortunate that he still believes this. You are doing the best you can, and I commend you for how you are handling your husband. Just remember that corresponding with him is dangerous. I know that you still love him.

I too am concerned that the Empire may have our plans. However, as long as we are still living, we have got to defend everything the Republic should have been. We have to continue this fight. If we do not, the Emperor will have won. As long as there is resistance, we keep the Rebellion?Old Republic alive. No, we haven?t failed yet. We will only fail if we give up. If the Empire has the plans, then we will have to find another way of fighting the Empire off. Yes?let?s stay positive. It is the only way to function in this dark universe.

I want Leia back too, very, very much. Do you have any ideas of what we might do to attempt to recover her? Shall we try that hut on Blue Waters?

Bail

7. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    Author - lady_sapphire

Note 6
    Bail,

I cannot even begin to tell you what I'm feeling right now. Joy, concern, worry...I just cannot seem to describe the emotions I'm feeling. If the female you were speaking about truly is Leia, then I pray that she is returned to us quickly and unharmed. I promise, I won't get my hopes up about this. I don't think my heart could take it if I did. I very much think that the hut on Blue Waters should be investigated. It's worth a try.

I also wanted to let you know that I received another letter from my husband today. It contained the usual hate-filled threats and I've tried to brush them off again, but I would be lying if I said that it didn't hurt me. You're right, I do still love him and I hate myself for it. How can I love such a monster? Perhaps I just cling to the hope that one day, he might be turned and become my Anakin again. But that is just a fantasy that will never come true.

Padme

8. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002

Note 7
    Padmé,

After much thought, I have decided to put together a very small team?it would only be a couple people this time, to stop by that hut on Blue Waters. Going to that planet again is going to be risky. We may draw the Empire?s attention to that planet, and we certainly do not want them going there to find the plans themselves.

Correon has agreed to take part in this small team. Wedge was also willing to help, but I don?t want him going this time. It is too risky. He is my blood, and I would prefer to have someone more experienced go. Now, Padmé, before you get ideas, I do not want you going either. It is far too dangerous.

Now, as for this female that the Maurders were so concerned over?I cannot tell you any more information. This is a long shot, as I told you the last time. Even if it is Leia, how could we get to her? She had escaped from the Maurders. She would be hiding somewhere, and she would be trying to get off of the planet. She probably would not trust us if we were to even approach her.

I probably should not have even made that suggestion to you. It is very unlikely that it is Leia, and even if it is, the Maurders probably recaptured her.

Another letter from Vader? You shouldn?t hate yourself for loving him still. You love him because you remember the man that he used to be?and because you love him, you still hope for the best?you still hope that someday he will make the right choice. He is lucky to have you as his wife. Many other women would have given up on him. But not you. You still love him, and that is what real romantic love is made of. As long as you still have a hope that he could turn back, you will love him. You don?t know that it won?t come true. I believe there is still hope, even for him.

Once again, you cannot expect it to happen?if you do, you will be setting yourself up for disappointment.

You must excuse me; it is time to brief Correon and the other person he selected for this mission. They will be leaving in half an hour.

Bail

9. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    Author - lady_sapphire

Note 8
    Bail,

I should have told you this earlier. I don't know why I didn't before but my husband mentioned to me in his last letter that they were doing some investigating on Blue Waters as well. He also mentioned a hut similar to the one you described. God...if he were to find her before we do, I don't know what would happen. Not only does he believe that our child is dead, he believes that it was a boy. I shouldn't have told him that. I still can't believe I let that slip. For some reason, I didn't want him to know. But now it's more important than ever that we get to that hut on Blue Waters. We at least need to know that she's not there, because Vader absolutely cannot find her.

Please hurry,
    Padme

10. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002

Note 9
    Padmé,

Vader is also investigating Blue Waters?.yes, I am now very, very aware of that.

I changed my mind and agreed to let Wedge go with Correon. I wish I hadn?t; I may have sent him to his death. Both Correon and Wedge have contacted me. The Imperials have captured both of them.

You will remember the hut that both I and, you and said, VADER mentioned to you? Well, as I have just been informed by Correon and Wedge, it happened to belong to Vader?s personal spy.

That spy now knows that we are looking for the Death Star plans on Blue Waters.

Padmé, although this lead did not work out, I have heard some other news. A girl named Lissy, who had also been on Blue Waters, and some boy were able to find the droids, and they will be taking the droids to Obi-Wan Kenobi. This Lissy has contacted me. Let?s hope that these two people may be safe, and that the Empire does not find them.

We may yet get the Death Star plans back once more.

Now, Padmé, do not blame yourself for revealing the sex of your ?child.? It is fortunate that your husband still only believes that you had one child. Besides, in telling him that it was a boy, you did not lie to him completely. You had twins?a boy and a girl. It may have been best to keep silent on your ?child?s? sex, but it was better to let slip that you had a boy rather than a girl. I know this will not sound pleasant to you, and I don?t take pleasure in saying this, but I hope it provides some comfort.

Your son died shortly after birth. It is better for Vader to ?know? that it was a boy, because it protects your daughter, who we hope is still alive. Vader can no longer harm your son. After all, there are only two possibilities that a child could be?either a male or female. No other options?therefore, your slip may turn out to be for the best. Hopefully he will not suspect any girl that he may meet to be his daughter.

Even though you are understandably worried about Leia, you must remember that Vader doesn?t know that she is his daughter. If he were to find her, he probably would not think much of it. He may not even care.

Another point, we do not know where Leia has been all these years. The Maurders may have trained her in their own ranks, and she may end up killing us. We don?t know what she would be like were we to meet her.

One last thing?remember we do not know that the girl who was on Blue Waters IS Leia. I only mentioned that the Maurders were looking for a female. Just because the Maurders had kidnapped Leia does not mean that it has to be the same girl.

Bail

11. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    Author - lady_sapphire

Note 10
    Bail,

You're right. I got my hopes up about the hut on Blue Waters and it turned out to be something completely different than what I had hoped it would be. I need to start preparing myself for the fact that we might never find her.

As for the boy and girl who found the droids, I hope that they make it back safely. I don't anything to happen to them just for helping us. This isn't their battle to fight, but they are very brave to help us. If they should ever come to the base, I would love to meet them.

I don't really blame myself anymore for telling my husband about our son. I needed to tell him after so many years, especially since I couldn't tell him that we also have a daughter. I guess that's the part of me that's still his wife. No matter what I do or where I go, I know I can never escape him.

Padme

12. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002

Note 11
    Padmé,

I have some news?remember that girl I told you about who had been chased by the Maurders? Well she has contacted me, and has actually arrived here at the base. I thought you might like to meet her.

She says that she IS one of the children that had been stolen from her parents, but does not remember a whole lot. She remembers enough for me to?to?I want to find out who her real parents are. The only way I can think of to try this is through a DNA test. I might need you for that. She may be able to help me find out about what happened to Leia.

As for Blue Waters?I?m afraid that we may not be able to help Wedge or Correon right now. I feel terrible, and that they may go to their death. They informed me that they will be taken to the Death Star. Sadly people?people that I care about dearly, sometimes must be sacrificed if we are to conquer the Empire.

I hate this idea, Padmé. I don?t want to give up on Correon?or?Wedge?but I might have to. This is the hardest decision I have ever made?well almost as hard as it was to?to take Leia so long ago.

Do not give up hope on finding Leia, not yet. We may be closer than we ever have been. This slave girl may?may know of what happened to Leia. She certainly had interaction with other slaves?and?and there?s something else, but I need to be certain before I tell you.

Yes, this slave girl and her friend were certainly brave. Let?s hope nothing happens to them. As I said, the girl is here, and the boy is with Obi-Wan. Apparently the slave girl, called Lissy, does not know that Ben Kenobi is Obi-Wan. She seems to still have the idea that they are separate people.

Good. And you shouldn?t blame yourself for telling your husband about your son. Yes, I understand that you needed to tell him after so long. I suppose you cannot escape the fact that you are his wife. Just be careful, Padmé.

Come with me, and I will introduce you to the slave girl.

Bail

13. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    Author - lady_sapphire

Note 12
    Bail,

This is good news and I'm willing to help in any way I can. I just hope that the trauma she's experienced hasn't devastated her completely. At least she had her friend with her. I would like to talk to her also. You never know what he might be able to tell us.

Do not beat yourself up about Wedge and Correon. They're smart and resourceful. I have absolute faith in them and in your judgement as well. Besides, they knew going into this that their lives would be endangered. You can't feel responsible. If you need to blame someone, that could easily be placed directly on my wonderful husband who has taken them prisoner. He will stop at nothing until he has what he wants. And at the moment, I'm not completely sure what he wants from me.

I'm through fighting with him, Bail. It does me no good to argue about our child and fate and everything else that gives me a headache. Besides, maybe being softer with him will help him see everything that wrong...but then again, I'm just clinging to false hope. That will never happen. I'm sorry for burdening you with all this. I will see and that girl soon.

Padme

14. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002

Note 13
    Padmé,

I??.there is news about Leia. I don?t know if you are aware of this or not, but I found Leia. My suspicions were correct, and I did not want to tell you in the event that I was wrong.

I have arranged for a DNA test to be done on the slave girl Lissy. The tests reveal that she is Leia. I have no doubt about it now, and I wanted to let you know. As she is your biological daughter, I think it would be good for you to get to know her. I know how much this would mean to you. She, of course, cannot know the truth of it yet. Someday it will be safe enough, and we can tell her. Right now we need to keep this under the wraps.

I have not told her yet that she is my daughter Leia, however, I will tell her soon. I need to get myself under control and give myself some time to digest this new information.

She has requested to go to Alderaan; I think this might be a good idea. It?s going to be tough for her to go from the reality of slavery to learn that she is the daughter of the king of Alderaan. She has some memory of Alderaan, and I think sending her there for a little while may help bring back memories, and she may feel more comfortable with the idea.

Slavery is a tough way of life; I have no doubt about that. However, people can endure much. Why, both Shmi and your husband were slaves, and they were not devastated for life. In fact, the experience of slavery may have actually strengthened them. This has not been an easy time for any of us. Living under the Empire itself is tough.

Yes, yes, I?m glad that she had her friend with her too. I?m not altogether certain that her friend was also a slave. I haven?t heard much about him, but from what she?s said, I think he?s from Tatooine. They no longer have slaves there, as it is part of the Empire. The Maurders have long been gone from that planet, though the Hutts still have great influence. I?m pretty sure that this boy would not have been a slave. Perhaps I misunderstood her when she talked about him.

I have already introduced you to her in person, before you knew who she was. I wonder what you think of her?

But Wedge is?.my relative. You know this, and I would hate to have anything happen to him. Correon has been my long time friend, although we had a difficult time after Leia?s disappearance and are just now achieving reconciliation. They will be aboard the Death Star. Yes, they are smart and resourceful, but I worry for them. Yes, they did know that their lives would be endangered, but I allowed it to happen. I gave them permission. No, there is no need to blame anyone. It does us no good.

It is true; Vader will stop at nothing until he has what he wants. He doesn?t care whose family he hurts, who he has to kill?the methods mean nothing to him; only the results.
    Your guess is as good as mine as to what he wants from you. Be very careful. You still love him, and he probably knows it. He may try to use it to his advantage. We have no way of knowing what he is thinking. He may even still love you, but that doesn?t seem likely, does it? With the way he has been treating you?

Be very careful with how you interact with your husband. It is true that maybe, maybe, not arguing and fighting with him could help him see his wrongs?but think about it! He is a Sith Lord, bent on destruction. Don?t get your hopes up about this. If you do not keep your guard up, you may accidentally give him information about Leia or worse, about the Rebellion. Remember that he is going to try to use everything to his advantage.

And Padmé, you are not burdening me with what you have to say. We are all going through a rough time right now, and we all have our issues. It would be worse for you to keep all of that inside, bottled up.

If you would like to talk about this new found information about Leia, I will be around. I am going to spend some time with her now. You are welcome to join me too, if you are ready to face her, with the full knowledge of who she is. I was considering

15. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    Author - lady_sapphire

Note 14
    Bail,

I knew it. I knew it the moment I looked at her, I just couldn't let myself believe it. I'm so glad she's alright and now she's safe. I need to talk to her and I need to get to know her. But I also think it would be best if I waited awhile, maybe just correspond with her through letters. I fear that if I talk to her in person too soon, I'll reveal who I am, who you are to her. I know that would be way too much for her. I don't want her traumatize her anymore than she already is. I can't even begin to imagine what she's gone through.

There's something else I need to tell you. I just received a letter from my husband and he knows that the slave girl is Leia. He told me that she's your daughter, so that aspect is good, but still, that puts her in grave danger. He could try to kidnap her to try to get us to relent or try to kill her. We need to be very careful with her security. There's nothing more I can tell you. As far as I'm concerned, the way you go about this is completely your decision. Just please, keep me informed.

Padme

16. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002

Note 15
    Padmé,

Of course?..I felt that you deserved to know what happened to your child. She appeared to be all right. She didn?t look hurt or sick or anything. She was probably exhausted with everything that?s happened to her.

She doesn?t know very many people?.she met Shmi at the registration (obviously she doesn?t know that Shmi is her grandmother). The only other person she knows is the woman she came with.

No, Leia doesn?t know much about the Rebellion?.I will have to write her and tell her more about it. I sent her away to Alderaan at her request?.I sent her by herself because that is what she wished, so she should be back soon. I?m surprised she?s not back yet, but maybe I?m expecting her too early.

So no, Obi-Wan has not personally contacted me, but Leia says that that boy she met took the droids to Obi-Wan, so I?ll take her word for it.

That is all I know at this time.

I will be back soon?

I have returned, and I have some terrible news. Leia was captured by the Empire on her way to Alderaan! I should not have allowed her to go to Alderaan alone. It?s my fault. She says she was pulled into the tractor beam of the Death Star, and now she is at the mercy of none other than Darth Vader.

From what she has said, I don?t think he realizes that she is her daughter, but he does know that she is ?mine.? He has put her through torture?.Padmé I am very sorry. I let her leave here unescorted, and now look what happens.

I just found my daughter, and I will not lose her again. Maybe I can talk with the board of directors again to see if they will spare a small team. There are three members of the Rebellion there right now. I fear my request will be turned down again. I have to try.

She?s been captured and have been taken to the Death Star!!!!! Darth Vader is questioning and torturing them. He wants to know about you?..I am quite sure he doesn?t know Leia is his daughter, but he knows that I am good friends with you. He thinks that Leia knows you because you are my friend. He?s trying to get her to talk about you. She refuses to tell him anything. He keeps asking about the base and things.

Padmé, I hope Leia?s all right. I?m worried about what Vader will try to do to his daughter?..and what if he can tell that she has a strong force and decides to take a midi-cholorian count or something?..then he?d find out that she was his daughter?..and then who knows what would happen. Do you think he would knowingly kill his daughter?

And what could have happened to Obi-Wan and that boy? THEY should be here by now. I hope they didn?t get captured too, because then we?d be in BIG trouble; we?d never get the plans.

Leia does need friends?..friends would be good for her?..assuming she gets back here safe and alive. She seems to like that boy a lot too?..I think she?s good friends with him.

Hmm?.about that boy. I don?t know what his name is. If Leia told me, I have forgotten. I?ll have to ask her. I don?t know much about him except that he?s from Tatooine and that he rescued Leia. That?s all I know.

You cannot imagine what this news is doing to me. It tears me up inside to think of Leia at the hands of the monster AKA Darth Vader.

I?m so sorry that she is not safe at the moment. I understand?.you are welcome to correspond with Leia as much as you wish. Padmé, you are a very strong person?I don?t think I have ever known a stronger person than you. I do not believe you will accidentally reveal to her that you are her mother.

The fact that Vader is aware that Leia is my daughter only adds peril to the situation. Yes, she is in grave danger where she is?in fact?I fear she may already be dead. She told me that she was scheduled to be executed not too long ago.

I will keep you informed as information floods in.

I hope Leia is safe.

Your friend,
    Bail

17. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    Author - lady_sapphire

Note 16
    Bail,

Thank you for telling me this, but I already knew. You see, Vader and Leia wrote to me to tell me. I can't believe he's doing this to his own daughter. Of course, he doesn't know...but how can he not? How can he not feel that she is his flesh and blood. She certainly looks like me.

Leia told me that she's going to be executed and I tried to comfort her as best as I could, but...what could I say...I'm her mother and I didn't know how to help her. Obi-Wan contacted me from the Death Star. He told me he was almost positive that Vader felt his presence, but he also said that he was with two other people. I asked him if he or the people he's with could try to find her. They might be the only chance we have to save her before my monster of a husband kills her.

In my desperation, I might have done something horrible. I asked Vader not to hurt her anymore. I told him he didn't know what he was doing. I might have given all of us away when I did this, but I had to try. I don't know if he'll even understand the meaning in my words or if he'll listen to me. But I had to try something, anything to help her. She's still my daughter even though you adopted her and I'll always feel this way. I just hope that I haven't jeopardized us all by this.

Padme

18. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002

Note 17
    Padmé,

You have probably heard this as well, but if you have not, let me be the first to inform you?Leia and the others are back. Obi-Wan has brought the Death Star plans with him, and I have just finished analyzing them.

Well they?re back here?safe and sound?..and that?s all that matters. We have the plans.

We don?t have to worry about Vader killing her right now?..because she is safe for now. I would hope that Vader wouldn?t kill his own daughter?but since we can?t be sure?..we certainly shouldn?t TELL him that Leia is his daughter. Who knows, he might want to kill her because of that?.or if he finds out about her high midi-cholorian count?.he might kill her. It may not be obvious to him that she is his daughter. It is only obvious to you because you know who she is. He does not know he has a daughter?he thinks that his child was a boy, and that he died. Why should he think otherwise? Why should he scrutinize his prisoners, wondering if they could be his children? As far as her appearance is concerned, she looks quite a bit like you, but the resemblance may only be evident to us, who know the truth.

As for whether or not you gave all of us away, we will just have to wait and see, I suppose. It?s possible that it was not obvious to Vader. I know that sometimes when people have surprises or have something planned, such as surprise birthday parties, sometimes the people involved might ?slip up? and feel as if they gave something obvious away, but the person whose party it is has no clue that anything even happened, because they don?t know to look for anything. We should access this situation, but try not to make our searching obvious. If we are obvious that something has occurred, Vader may become suspicious and understand what you did.

She was rescued, and is safely with us now. Nothing else matters.

Now that Obi-Wan has shown up we don?t have to worry about those things any longer.

Well I have to prepare for my meeting. The plans provided us with a huge weakness in the Death Star.

By the way, what happened to your dress?I?m sure you?re aware that there is a stain on it, and if you?re not aware, I wanted to let you know privately. You might want to change before the meeting.

Bail

19. Anakin_Heartbreaker

Anakin_Heartbreaker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Wonderful interaction between two good friends. I love how they give each other strength to continue the fight. Very nicely done. I am also happy that they found Leia.

Great as always!

20. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    Anakin_Heartbreaker,

Thank you :) Interaction is key to reading the Notes, so I am glad you enjoyed it so well.

As a true friend would do, yes they do give each other encouragement and support...just what they need to continue the fight against the Empire.

Yep :) Leia has been found.

Thank yoiu for reading!

21. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    Author - lady_sapphire

Note 18
    Bail,

I was so happy to hear that everyone was safe and sound, especially Leia of course. I was so worried I was never going to see her again. I'm just glad that everything worked itself out and that everyone is safe and we even got the Death Star plans back.

So you've analyzed the plans already? I really hope that this weakness you've told me about is enough to destory the Death Star. If not, I don't know where else to go from there.

I think you're right about Vader. He just wrote to me again and he didn't give any indication that he thinks Leia is his daughter. I think he would have called me a liar or something like that. Instead, he just assumed that I cared about her so much because she's your daughter. She'll be much better off if he never knows. That's why you adopted her in the first place.

Thank for your concern about my dress. But then again, you've been very considerate, haven't you? Some boy ran into me today and I spilled my coffee all over it. It's upset me greatly because that dress was a gift from my husband. He couldn't give me a wedding or engagement ring so he gave me that dress. It was supposed to bring us good luck. It's basically ruined now, just like our relationship. Very fitting, I suppose.

I'm looking forward to hearing about the plans and the Death Star's weakness. Let's hope this is the break we need to destroying the Empire.

Padme

22. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002

Note 19
    Padmé,

Yes, it is good that there was a huge weakness in the Death Star plans.

I wish things would run smoothly for us too, but I doubt that they will. If you do get concerned about your husband in front of Leia, make sure that you hide your feelings from her as well.

I hope that Vader doesn?t find out that Leia is his daughter. I think we have it pretty well protected. I adopted her?and my own wife was pregnant at the exact same time, so how is Vader or Palpatine supposed to know that Leia?s not my real daughter? They have no idea that my wife had a son named Wedge and not a daughter named Leia. I hope that Vader wouldn?t turn Leia to the Dark Side or kill her, however he is not the same man that you married.

And yes, yes, my long time friend. To have Leia safe has been a blessing indeed. We have her for a little while longer, safe with us. We did finally get the Death Star plans back, and that is something to be thankful for, certainly. We now have hope in destroying that huge battle station.

I am done analyzing the plans to the Death Star, yes. It did not take me long. All I needed to do was plug the R2 unit into a computer terminal, and search through the recorded plans. I had the very best team available on Yavin analyze the plans together.

I did not notice whether or not you attended my briefing meeting, but the weakness that has been identified is certainly large enough to destroy the Death Star. The structural designers of the Death Star, whoever they were, left a huge weakness. One long trench leads to an exhaust port at the center of the Death Star. This opening leads directly into the station?s reactor core, and one direct hit will cause a chain reaction, which looks as if it would blow up the entire station. You see, the weakness is indeed large. I am not saying this is going to be an easy approach, Padmé. There is great risk that many of our pilots will die.

However, the Empire must not recognize the potential threat that a small one man fighter presents, or they would have a tighter defense. There are big guns that I have no doubt will be firing at our ships, but the fighters should be able to evade them. Once the Imperials realize that small one man fighters are attacking their station, they will probably dispatch some of their own small fighter ships, such as the TIE fighters. They may also realize the danger.

We must give this a try, no matter the odds. The ships are all equipped with targeting computers, which should help the pilots with their aim when firing the final shots that will destroy the battle station.

Well, that?s good then. If Vader has given you known indication that he knows Leia is his daughter, then he probably does not know. Yes, he probably would have called you a liar, had he discovered the truth. Yes, I hope that she never finds out. Uh huh. It was our hope that Leia would be protected from your husband and his Emperor.

I see?.so that dress was given to you by Anakin as an engagement commitment thing, in place of a ring. Funny, I didn?t think Anakin was the type to believe in luck. That matters little now, considering the circumstances. I?m sorry that this sentimental item has been ruined, but perhaps it is fitting, as you suggested. It?s a shame that boy ran into you.

Our pilots are about to leave for the battle. I will be in the control area, if you would like to view the battle as well. There is a com system hooked up, and with it, anyone in the room will be able to hear what the pilots are saying to one another. There is one specific person that will be assigned to each pilot, in case there is a lot of action, and the pilots need to communicate something directly to their assigned person back at the Base.

I need to make sure everything is in order for the battle. Perhaps I will see you in the control area?

Your friend,
    Bail

PS ? Leia told me that she met Anakin?s brother Owen. They were prisoners together while on the Death Star, and he has befriended her. Lei

23. JOINME

JOINME Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2005
    ooooh very interesting!

vader threatening to torture padme.. *shakes head* so typical..

this is very good, I always thought I'd like to see the relationship Padme and bail had explored, and this is providing an interesting chance. :D

Love it! thanks for the PM! :)

24. Anakin_Heartbreaker

Anakin_Heartbreaker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Great update!!!!!

Again, I have to say that this is a remarkable set of notes. You capture the emotions of Padme and Bail prefectly. Well done!!! :D

Hmmmm, it seems everyone on Yavin knows about the coffee incident.

25. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    JOINME,

Yes! I'm glad you found this to be very interesting!

Vader is trying to make himself appear as this big bad Sith, because if he could torture Padmé, then he truly has gotten rid of Anakin Skywalker...but the question is...could he personally torture her...

I'm so glad that this set of Notes meets one of your hopes...seeing the relationship between Padmé and Bail explored. I always thought the relationship would be interesting myself, and so you have found something that is so important to the Notes...the value of relationships between the characters

Thank you for reading!

I'm happy that you liked the update.

Kynstar will have to take the credit for the Bail part of it, but I'm sure she would thank you along with me.

This is not an easy time for either Bail or Padmé.

A lot of the important people in the Notes know about the coffee incident...mainly because Padmé is such an important figure, and everyone can see the stain and wants to know about it. Luke's told several people about the incident as well, since he is the one who bumped into her, and he has been nervous and uncomfortable about the events.

Thanks for your continued support!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.