main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Padme and Palpatine - AOTC Notes AU (with lady_sapphire as Padme)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LukeSkywalker_2001, Aug 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LukeSkywalker_2001

LukeSkywalker_2001 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 18, 2002
    The character of Padmé will be played by lady_sapphire. The Author of each Note will be clearly labled.

lady_sapphire's link can be found here:
    http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=1163508
    (Please check out her stories too )

Timeframe: From just before the start of AOTC through ROTS events

The quick background story of the Padmé and Palpatine AOTC Notes-
    Padme as Senator of Naboo, has recently been targeted in the Senate because she is the designated leader of the Loyalist Committee. Because of the recent targeting, she went home to Naboo to be with her family for a while. Supreme Chancellor Palpatine contacts Padme to let her know that the vote on the Military Creation Act will take place shortly, and he urges her to return to Coruscant to vote.

This set of Notes will specifically deal with the events of Attack of the Clones. New readers should be able to pick up on what is going on, however the Padme and Palpatine AOTC Notes are actually a continuation of a dialogue that began in TPM events.

To see the Padme and Palpatine Notes that took place during the events of The Phantom Menace, please visit this link:
    http://boards.theforce.net/The_Saga/b10476/20071248/?6

The Padme and Palpatine AOTC Notes will continue numbering where TPM Notes left off.

To read the AOTC Notes, please follow this link:

Palpatine Notes http://boards.theforce.net/the_saga/b10476/30399525/p1/?0
    Padme Notes http://boards.theforce.net/the_saga/b10476/30399583/p1/?0

2. LukeSkywalker_2001

LukeSkywalker_2001 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 18, 2002
    Author - LukeSkywalker_2001

Note 47
    Ten years after the Trade Federation Invasion

Senator Amidala,

I wanted to let you know that the vote on the Military Creation Act will take place this week. Although it is against my better judgment, I insist that you consider coming. I want you to be careful in your trip?.but the cause that you have been working on for a year is at stake.

While I am not offering you an executive order to return, I think it would do much for your cause if you would make the journey. The decision is yours. Do let me know if you plan on coming.

Yes, the situation with the Separatists has continued to escalate. There is very little more that I can do. I may be stubborn about this, but my negotiations will not fail. I have a committee deliberating on how we might negotiate with the Separatists better. There are some in the Senate who are pushing for the vote on the Military Creation Act early. I do not want that to happen, because I would like you to be present when the vote takes place. I don?t know how much longer I can hold off on this vote. I do not like to admit this, Senator, but the situation may pull us into a war, even if the Military Creation Act is voted down. I will not have this Republic that has stood for a thousand years be split in two.

Your idea to involve the Jedi in this conflict is one that I am taking seriously. Yes, if the Jedi could fight for us, we would be protected. I will be meeting with the whole Jedi Council this week as well, and this will certainly be one of the items that I will talk with them about.

I assure you, Senator Amidala, I am quite protected. As I have told Master Kenobi before, I am quite apt at self-defense. Not only this, but I have employed several thousand Republic guards. When you visit my office the next time you will notice several guards dressed in red. These are my personal body guards. They have been well trained, and I entrust them with my life. No assassin will be able to get to me. And, Senator, I have seen to it that there are guards (these ones dressed in black so as to distinguish them from my personal guards) who are guarding the entrance of every corridor in the Senate building, and there is a guard stationed at every entrance into the Senate arena itself. We are quite protected.

Supreme Chancellor Palpatine

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.