Lightsabers & Blasters Padme blaster

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Sakara, Jul 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Commander-DWH
  1. Sakara Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hi im working on making a padme battle costume from AOTC and need to get hold of or make a naboo blaster that she carries before she is captured and ends up using a droid blaster.
    Im willing to have a go and make one...but need to know whwre best to find a tutorial on what to use.
    or if there is someone who makes replicas/models of the blaster.

If there isnt a decent tutorial/replica out there then ill need to find the same with a droid blaster.

Id prefer to deal with a UK company if im buying a replica.

If this is in the wrong forum...push me in the right direction and ill ask there!:D
  2. xoxostarrdustxoxo Jedi Knight

hi
    Rubies I belive made one I have but but I belive rubies made its nice small and makes noise.
  3. jedilucass Jedi Master

star 2
    There are two options for pre made blasters that I'm aware of. One is the episode one super soaker- it has the "chrome" look. I'm sure with a few modifications it will do great.

There is also the blaster that came with the rubies edition of the white battle outfit- I have that blaster, and although it's great as a toy, it's not very acurate, in the sense of finish and overall look. For pre made, I'd definately go for the super soaker royal pistol... I think that's what it's called.

Good luck!

~Laura

edit: it also might be worth checking out the padme white battle outfit thread on the boards: padme white battle outfit thread
  4. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    I've seen resin kits recently on ebay.
  5. Verdaera Jedi Knight

star 1
    You can also take one of the toy blasters, strip the paint off with some fine sandpaper, and repaint it with a metal paint. There's some stuff called Patio Paint that I picked up at Joann's, has a lot of metallic colors, and it looks real good. I was going to try and find a pair of toy Jango blasters to do this on.
  6. DARTHLARS Force Ghost

star 4
    The Super Soaker is slightly oversized and often has quite a few scratches to the chrome because it is sold attached to a card, not packaged in a box. I have seen some repainted Rubies blasters that have looked much better though.
    When I have seen a real one, I estimated the main body to be 1.5" thick. I did take some detailed photos which I can email to anybody who is interested.
  7. Benae_Quee Jedi Master

star 4
    There is a really nice machined aluminum one on ebay right now. I'm almost tempted to get it for my snow bunny padme. Just search "Padme Blaster" and it will come up :)
  8. xoxostarrdustxoxo Jedi Knight

heres the link to the auction

S_S edit: removed link. Please do not post links to eBay auctions unless it is:

1) Your own auction
    2) You have the express permission from the person auctioning the item off.
    3) Or, you have suspicions about the auction being a scam.
  9. Benae_Quee Jedi Master

star 4
    You're really not supposed to link to an auction unless it is your own or you have obtained permission from the seller. That is why I said to search for it instead.
  10. Sakara Jedi Knight

star 2
    Already seen that auction...im after something cheaper.ill keep an eye out for the rubies gun...tricky in the UK we dont go much for costumes places. But ill have a look!
  11. xoxostarrdustxoxo Jedi Knight

Oops sorry i totally forgot about that sorry Sistersola
  12. DARTHLARS Force Ghost

star 4
    I think the Rubies blaster looks more accurate than the one on eBay [face_laugh]
Moderators: Commander-DWH
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.