main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lightsabers & Blasters Padme blaster

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Sakara, Jul 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sakara

Sakara Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 8, 2005
    Hi im working on making a padme battle costume from AOTC and need to get hold of or make a naboo blaster that she carries before she is captured and ends up using a droid blaster.
    Im willing to have a go and make one...but need to know whwre best to find a tutorial on what to use.
    or if there is someone who makes replicas/models of the blaster.

If there isnt a decent tutorial/replica out there then ill need to find the same with a droid blaster.

Id prefer to deal with a UK company if im buying a replica.

If this is in the wrong forum...push me in the right direction and ill ask there!:D

2. xoxostarrdustxoxo

xoxostarrdustxoxo Jedi Youngling

Jul 5, 2005
    hi
    Rubies I belive made one I have but but I belive rubies made its nice small and makes noise.

3. jedilucass

jedilucass Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 1, 2002
    There are two options for pre made blasters that I'm aware of. One is the episode one super soaker- it has the "chrome" look. I'm sure with a few modifications it will do great.

There is also the blaster that came with the rubies edition of the white battle outfit- I have that blaster, and although it's great as a toy, it's not very acurate, in the sense of finish and overall look. For pre made, I'd definately go for the super soaker royal pistol... I think that's what it's called.

Good luck!

~Laura

edit: it also might be worth checking out the padme white battle outfit thread on the boards: padme white battle outfit thread

4. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    I've seen resin kits recently on ebay.

5. Verdaera

Verdaera Jedi Master star 1

Apr 25, 2005
    You can also take one of the toy blasters, strip the paint off with some fine sandpaper, and repaint it with a metal paint. There's some stuff called Patio Paint that I picked up at Joann's, has a lot of metallic colors, and it looks real good. I was going to try and find a pair of toy Jango blasters to do this on.

6. DARTHLARS

DARTHLARS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    The Super Soaker is slightly oversized and often has quite a few scratches to the chrome because it is sold attached to a card, not packaged in a box. I have seen some repainted Rubies blasters that have looked much better though.
    When I have seen a real one, I estimated the main body to be 1.5" thick. I did take some detailed photos which I can email to anybody who is interested.

7. Benae_Quee

Benae_Quee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    There is a really nice machined aluminum one on ebay right now. I'm almost tempted to get it for my snow bunny padme. Just search "Padme Blaster" and it will come up :)

8. xoxostarrdustxoxo

Jul 5, 2005
    heres the link to the auction

S_S edit: removed link. Please do not post links to eBay auctions unless it is:

1) Your own auction
    2) You have the express permission from the person auctioning the item off.
    3) Or, you have suspicions about the auction being a scam.

9. Benae_Quee

Benae_Quee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    You're really not supposed to link to an auction unless it is your own or you have obtained permission from the seller. That is why I said to search for it instead.

10. Sakara

Sakara Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 8, 2005
    Already seen that auction...im after something cheaper.ill keep an eye out for the rubies gun...tricky in the UK we dont go much for costumes places. But ill have a look!

11. xoxostarrdustxoxo

Jul 5, 2005
    Oops sorry i totally forgot about that sorry Sistersola

12. DARTHLARS

DARTHLARS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    I think the Rubies blaster looks more accurate than the one on eBay [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.