main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padme not real royalty. Bother anyone?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Phantom Menace' started by dsk2, Nov 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Well, then I stand corrected. I don't read comic books, btw. :)

The official site is silent about King Bail's marital status as well. Neither novel covers it, either.

So, perhaps Leia knew she was adopted, but she refers to Bail as "My father," not "My adopted father." So, it's a tossup if she knew she was adopted prior to ROTJ.

But, this still doesn't explain Padme being 'elected' queen vs. being actually born royal.

2. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Not to be off topic, but isn't Bail a title? Like Darth? His name is Organa.

3. Lukecash

Lukecash Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    Just for the record, Poland and Lutiania joined together to form a "Country" The nobles usually elected a foriegn prince to become "King" of Poland. If he was a foriegner- he would not take the Polish or Lithuianians side when deciding matters of the country.

And as for Bails name? I would have sworn that Bail was a first name. There was a Bail Antilies in TPM.

4. Caecilius_Metellus

Caecilius_Metellus Jedi Youngling

Feb 20, 2004
    Augustus rose to power through military victory and a precarious relation to Julius Caesar.

Well, I'd call the Clone Wars (and the Grand Army under his personal control) a military victory for Palpatine. And for the record, Octavian was Julius' nephew and adopted son.

Just had to get that in...But anyways, back to the point:

There have been many elected monarchies in past history. The First German Reich elected their emperor from the 900s all the way to 1806. Medieval Italian republics elected rulers for life who were referred to as royalty, and Unified Netherlands elected their prince for 300 years, as did the Kingdom of Poland.

Of course, all of those positions were for life, and none were recieved by little girls. But this is Star Wars. Maybe they use genetic engineering to make ideal rulers; if they can make perfect soldiers, why not perfect queens?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.