main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padme Amidala Padme Purple Dress - Loyalist Committee

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Mrs_MayimNaar, Feb 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nani

Nani Jedi Youngling

Sep 29, 2007
    Another question: How many metres are you using for the costume? Some of you said 20m, others use 15m. I'm not sure what length I should order now.

2. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    I know I didn't use 20 yards. That's a bit excessive. I don't now if I stated my yardage usage on my web site. Somehow I think I remember ordering 13 or 15 yards. I used a small portion of it for dye tests. I actually think my coat may have used closer to 9-10 yards, but the extra yardage came in handy when I messed up on cutting out 2 of my skirt panels and had to re-cut them our of my remaining spare fabric.

3. Nani

Nani Jedi Youngling

Sep 29, 2007
    Ok, so I guess 15 yards will do, 14.something metres. Thanks for that advice, Kay_Dee!

4. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    For anyone just beginning costuming and wants an easy way out, there is a pattern for this. Simplicty 4443 is both the Leia ANH dress and the Loyalist Padme dress (which I refer to as the peacock dress as that's what George calls it).

It could also be a good start to alter for more experience costumers who want a pattern. I know I prefer patterns, gives me something to work with.

5. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    You're talking about the wrong gown. ;) This is a costume from Attack of the Clones. ;)

~Spacelady

6. fairyprincess

fairyprincess Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 11, 2007
    Just an Update!

I am looking for postage options but I will keep you posted!

7. shylaofavalon

shylaofavalon Jedi Youngling

Jan 1, 2008
    Hi, I've been interested in doing this gown for a while, however up until now I've not had the funds to pay for my expensive new hobby. Are you still taking orders for this? If so I'm interested in 15 yards (or metres), but I'd like to know how much we're talking before I confirm that order. Thanks!! [face_coffee]

8. fairyprincess

Aug 11, 2007
    See last page for cost estimates!

There will be extra costs for shipping to your location!!!! I am still looking for shipping options as I don't want the velvet ruined in shipping!

I will get back as soon as I have details!

9. Falls_the_Shadow

Falls_the_Shadow Jedi Youngling star 3

May 31, 2002
    Count me interested, but not yet confirmed, for 20 meters.

How many meters must you have to have the cost at $5.85?

How long is the price quote valid? The U.S. dollar's decline in value looks like it will continue. [face_worried] I imaging Watto stating that dollars are no good.

Have you have any interested persons from the United States, in particular from Georgia or Florida?

Would the product be first shipped to you and then in turn you would turn mail it to the other participants in the group order?

Would the manufacturer consider combining the order with other patterns to add to the bulk discount? Just two examples are the Black Corset Gown and the coat of the Water Gown: thanks to the FIDM hi-res photos, the pattern for each could be replicated. The set-up cost for a new design might be offset by the bulk order price.

10. fairyprincess

Aug 11, 2007
    Sorry for this late reply, but here is an up-date!!!!

I have exhausted myself looking for a shipping company in Australia that can handle shipping velvet in an ideal fashion. So far I have come up short. I wanted to ideally go through Australia Post as their prices would be a lot cheaper! Secondly, their boxes and tubes would not be suffiecient and may bruise the velvet during postage and I wouldn't want that to happen to anyone!

So here is my proposal!

One of my problems was the shipping costs from Australia. It is more logical to have this shipped to someone in the Northern hemisphere as the order is from China. I don't see the sense in playing fabric pin pong all around the world!

So is there someone in America that would like to take over the order process? It means that the order will be sent to you and then you would need to cut up lengths and send it to the inderviduals!

If you are interested, PM me and I will get back to you with company details! Or if you want to persue it indervidually (which incurs a $50 fee) PM me for that!

11. Jocell

Jocell Jedi Youngling

Jan 21, 2008
    Hi, can I get in on this order for 15m. Just started research for this dress and almost cried when I found out the fabric was discontinued then shouted for joy when I found this thread. Only problem is that I live in bonny old England, don't know if that will complicate anything. Hoping it all goes through.
    Yvonne

12. Lelundrial

Lelundrial Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 23, 2004
    Ok so I stumbled upon this incrediably late. The fabric has been discontinued? Ugh, let me guess you guys already did the special order also?

13. fairyprincess

Aug 11, 2007
    No the order has not been placed. No one has taken any interest in taking over the bulk order! If you would like I can PM the details to you and you can order it yourself!

14. PadmeAndrea

PadmeAndrea Jedi Youngling

Nov 24, 2007
    Please, let me know, about details. Thanks

15. Jocell

Jocell Jedi Youngling

Jan 21, 2008
    Hi could you pm me the details to order the fabric. Cheers.

16. MasterCenedra

MasterCenedra Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 2005
    Any updates on the Fabric??

MC

17. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    One of you should PM fairyprincess. She can not handle the group order from Australia due to shipping limitations. From what I understand, she is happy to pass on all of the vendor information to someone in possibly the US (or UK?) who can handle shipping this internationally to everyone who was interested in being part of the group order. Essentially, someone else needs to volunteer to handle this if they want the fabric :)

18. MasterCenedra

MasterCenedra Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 2005
    I would love to help her, but I live in NZ, so that is a bit further away than the UK...lol

MC

19. princessleia911

princessleia911 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2005
    I did send a PM and would be willing to do the group order. fairyprincess, contact me about it.

20. Jedi-Siri

Jedi-Siri Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2004
    I would be interested in the fabric but I'm still a little confused as to how much it is.

21. fairyprincess

Aug 11, 2007
    Sorry, I have not been here for a while. I must have mist the Pm. I will look through my research page and forward the details tomorrow ;)

22. AnariaZar-Rel

AnariaZar-Rel Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2004
    I'm interested in the fabric, but need more details/price etc :)

23. princessleia911

princessleia911 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2005
    Alright, ladies, I have the info and I am e-mailing the contact. Basically from the last quote we need to order 200 meters which should not be hard and the price was for $5.65/meter but that didn't include shipping, which from the quote was to Austrailia so the total might be anywhere from $15-16/meter plus shipping. I think I will collect for just the fabric and then for the shipping but we can checking into it. I will also be asking for a sample. Remember 1 meter is about 1 yard. So start the list for interest here:

1. princessleia911 15 meters

24. Jedi-Siri

Jedi-Siri Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2004
    So if the fabric is shipped to the U.S. it might be cheaper? I'll be up front and say that as much as I want to do this gown, I may not be able to afford to buy the fabric. :( But I won't count myself out just yet though. I'll wait til we get more info.

25. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    According to my hp, 1 yard or 36"/3' = 0.9144m ;) tho' at shops here those Cloth sellers round it off to 90cm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.