main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN Padme' Takes It All Off

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Steja_Palex, Oct 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi_J_Kenobi

Obi_J_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2002
    geez, just kidding guys....you know better than to take me seriously

2. Star_Blazer_M31

Star_Blazer_M31 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2003
    It's quite obvious that the subject of Kiera Knightley brings much animosity to this group. But here's what I think of her (listen if you want to, don't if you do not): She's a very attractive, very talented young actress. Yes, I am jealous of her, but hey, lots of girls are. Concerning her weight, it's quite possible that she has a very high matabolizm. It may be possible that, unlike most of us women who gain weight just by LOOKING at food, her system uses all of it up before she even puts it in! *L*

I hate people like that. JUST KIDDING!! *LOL* I've got a few friends like that.

But just for further reference, perhaps we should tread lightly when talking about Kiera Knightley, or other matters that may spark conflict (like Bush/Kerry, for example). I really don't want this FanForce to break up over something stupid.

Damn...a Sith trying to make peace...what the hell is wrong with this picture?!

And as for all the Harry Potter posts....
    SNAPE RULZ!!
    SNAPE RULZ!!
    SNAPE RULZ!!
    SNAPE RUUUUUUUUUUUUUULZ!!

Go Alan Rickman!

Okay. I'm finished now. *goes and hides in her dark and gloomy corner*

-Darth Grace [face_skull]

3. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    I was one of those folks until after I graduated high school- 135lbs and a 28" waist. Then I went from marching in band, unloading trucks, and riding my bike to driving to work at a mall painting shirts by moving my left index finger and dating girls in the food court!

Now, if I ever drop 30-40lbs and a few pants sizes I may just start working on some clone armor!

4. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Man, those were the days, weren't they, Lin? I used to eat breakfast, lunch, and sometimes dinner at home and at my Grandmother's house almost every day and never weigh more than 135 lbs. Of course, back then I was on my feet almost all of the time at work and doing theatre.

What they don't tell you is that when you say "I do", you automatically gain 10 pounds. You actually feel the formalwear get tighter. Then, you get a desk job, 30 strikes, your metabolism and your waistline are decimated forever, you have kids, you lose any spare time, much less energy, to devote to exercise...

But, the fun part is knowing when you look at the thin, 19-year-old younglings that their day is coming. Nature always wins.

5. WonderPants

WonderPants Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 6, 2003
    I used to look like a stick insect back in school...

Generally speaking, I've been thin most of my life, although I did put on a bit too much weight a couple of years back (which was a frankly absolutely ***** year or two [face_plain] )

6. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Yep, and the 'hair-loss/gain' thing!

At this age and weight I'm also wondering was I thin because I was having sex, or was I having sex because I was thin..?

7. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    =D= for Grace! Well said. @};-

Yes, nature does indeed win. And you guys are lucky - at least you can get your figures back without medical intervention. Pregnancy and childbirth can permanently alter us female forms in ways that cannot be reversed without plastic and/or cosmetic surgery. [face_plain]

8. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Wow, all this over Keira Knightly needing to eat a sandwich? [face_laugh]

9. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    That reminds me- it's lunchtime!

10. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Damn straight! Should I pick her up one at Lenny's when I go? ;) They make a mean Philly cheesesteak.

I think we are all being WAY too serious for a Monday morning. Have some coffee. [face_coffee]

Quick! [face_laugh]

11. Star_Blazer_M31

Star_Blazer_M31 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2003
    If you're picking up one for her, you may as well pick up one for me too! No, wait...damn. Just gained five pounds thinking about it. Nevermind.

-Darth Grace [face_skull]

12. Obi_J_Kenobi

Nov 15, 2002
    *grumbles, making coffee and then goes to make a sandwich*

13. WonderPants

Mar 6, 2003
    If someone's getting sandwiches, can they get me one? That is, if it's a Pret A Manger sarnie (God's own sandwiches...)

14. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Do we even want to know what the heck that is..?!

15. BlueLoriSaber

BlueLoriSaber Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2004
    Ok, I'm 19 and 118lbs, I was losing weight at the haunt and then started gaining muscle. I like the way I look, except I want abs, but that's it. And after listening to y'all, if marriage and children make you gain weight, then I don't want them. Of course, I'm hopefully never gonna have a desk job(I would die an early death if I had to sit in an office everyday, all day long). But I also want to live in an apartment with a fitness center and pool. If not, I'll join some fitness club. I have no intention of gaing much more weight.

16. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Then don't turn 30, either!

Man, I really should be getting back to my desk job...

17. Timewalker

Timewalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2004
    Grace,

Well said. Although there are girls out there who do "need a sandwich" (another saying Tim and I apparently have in common only having just met recently), there are some who are just naturally skinny. I think Keira and Natalie and Milla are in that group.

I prefer a woman with some curves, myself. Marilyn Monroe, Betty Page, the aforementioned Salma Hayek, Mia Tyler (Liv's sister). I personally think that the women who can put on weight look better with it - Sarah Michelle Gellar looked much hotter in the first two seasons of Buffy than she does now (Sandwich! stat!). Renee Zellweger looked great to me in Bridget Jones' Diary, much better than she did in Chicago when she had no curves at all. And Kate Winslet, who is called "fat" in the tabloids, looked gorgeous in Iris.

There are some beautiful "skinny chicks", but give me a woman with curves any day. And don't even get me started on the media, the fashion industry, and what we are doing to young girls' self-esteem and body image.

-Joe (who will post pictures at another time)

18. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Looks for pics of Rita Hayworth

19. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Luvs me some Bettie Page!

Yeah, I really like SMG- especially the first few seasons of Buffy, but the shots of her on the mag covers lately look scarier than 'The Grudge'!

I like a variety of body types and looks- I usually go for the girl next door, but it really depends on proportions and how the woman carries herself. She can be great looking but if she comes off as a biotch (or smokes like a chimney) that's a quick turnoff. By the same token, if a girl is just cute but has great personality or some fun quirk, accent, interests, sense of humor, or smile about her she can be attractive as heck.

Liking to dress up in a school girl, nurses uniform, metal bikini, and/or superhero cosutme is always a plus, too!

20. WonderPants

Mar 6, 2003
    nurses uniform....is always a plus

Jenny Agutter. American Werewolf in London. Nurse.

She was red hot back in the day.....

21. BlueLoriSaber

BlueLoriSaber Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2004
    Lin- So does that make me attractive then?? I can't wait for my metal bikini. School girl uniforms are nice, but I think I would prefer the nurse's uniform. Obviously, those come after the bikini.

22. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Cue Traci to tell all of you that there's nothing sexy about being a nurse.

In 5...

23. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    I'd get fired on the spot for wearing a typical media/movie/model "nurses' uniform."

*****graphic medical reference warning*****

And there's no way you can comfortably lift a 400lb patient onto a bedpan, clean the bedpan afterwards, do chest compressions while running down the hallway to emergency surgery, run to and from the supply room for basins during the typical post-surgery nausea/vomiting, and comfort the devastated family members of a 45 yr-old husband and father of two small children who just died of a heart attack if you're wearing an effing short white SKIRT. [face_talk_hand]

[EDIT] That was rather hostile-sounding. Sorry. Bad afternoon....fender-bender....my fault. Ignore me.

24. Obi_J_Kenobi

Nov 15, 2002
    Dang Trace, tell us all how you really feel!

Nope, I understand completely, when I did my clinical's for EMT-P I did a rotation with the nurses at ST Francsis.....it was not a fun evening...but bless nurses!! Even if I don't get along with one of them...*looks at Grace's Mom and hides*

25. Valeska

Valeska Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 30, 2004
    A couple of years ago when I went through EMT-IV training the nurses in ER were a hoot.

We had a little boy come in with a sprained arm. He wasn't crying - which amazed everyone considering how upset his mother was at him, just holding his arm, in his pjs with his little blanket tied around his neck like a cape. The nurses quickly figured out how he hurt his arm. He thought he was Batman and Batman doesn't cry.

I'm with you on the nurses's uniform. I still get a kick when shows or movies have a modern nurse in the little hat and skirt. Kinda like having a Dallas Cowboy in the 20s pads and fake helmet. Like that will save you a concussion.

The Gina Monster

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.