main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padme:The Concrete Angel

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Leah, Mar 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leah

Leah Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 26, 2003
    Do you think that Padme will stand strong like a "Concrete Angel" till the bitter end?

2. Vaders_Asthma

Vaders_Asthma Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2003
    DLM Edit: Don't flame the author just because you don't like the thread. This is an official warning.

3. Emos-Edud

Emos-Edud Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    I always thought that Padme was more of a "Candle in the Wind" type, doomed to die in a chase, especially in light of the 'spoilers' about an Elton John song in the Ep3 credits.

4. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Padme is very stoic. That seems to be the nature of the Naboo (and it also justifies some of her wooden acting as part of the character). It would be artistic to have Padme pine for Anakin throughout E3 and possibly die of a broken heart, but it wouldn't make much sense in terms of character continuity.

5. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    about an Elton John song in the Ep3 credits.

wow :eek: when did this come out?

~aeryn

6. 5darth2maul1

5darth2maul1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    Padme does seem like the type that would stick by Anakin until the end, even though she doesn't agree with him. She's the loyal type.

521 :)

7. KSA

KSA Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 13, 2003
    Emos-Edud:

SPOILER FREE UNTIL EPISODE III!

I think also that Padme will stand by Anakin(stupidly) until he pushes her away.

8. Gay-LenKenobi

Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 20, 2000
    I disagree. I think she will reject him when he starts to turn or sides with Palpatine over something, and that will only push him further. He'll lump her in with the Jedi, that they and she are just trying to hold him back. That would explain to me why Obi-Wan decided to hide Padme, too, because Anakin was just as much of a threat to her as to the children.

9. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Surely no one actually believes that the credits will have an Elton John song, or indeed anything other than a reprise of the main theme(s) as with all 5 other movies?

But anyway, I see Padme as kind of wavering between the 2 extremes here. She isn't the type of person to show weakness, so she will try to remain strong, but I think that the time will come when it will all get too much for her.

10. scuiggefest

scuiggefest Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 8, 2002
    Well Boss Nass consider the source. Look at his sig. Can you honestly believe anything he posts? Spoiler people should stay in the spoiler forum. Espesially EDUD

11. Darth Mischievous

Darth Mischievous Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 12, 1999
    Nah, as much as I like Natalie Portman, her acting hasn't been up to par in the prequels.

She's entirely too stoic, and the emotion she does show looks a bit forced. A few exceptions was when she hugged Anakin outside the homestead on Tatooine, and her best performance which was the "I truly, deeply, love you.." bit.

I think it may have two factors involved: GL's directing of the character and Portman's lack of interest in the role. Even Christensen had to call her out on it once as I recall in the arrival to Naboo scene.

12. THE_DARKNESS_WITHIN

THE_DARKNESS_WITHIN Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2003
    Leah seems to be obsesed with Padme.... I must admit, she has beautifully plucked eyebrows.

13. dark_dragoon

dark_dragoon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 5, 2003
    Dammit, beautifully plucked eyebrows don't make the actress.

14. JKBurtola

JKBurtola Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 4, 2003
    It would be artistic to have Padme pine for Anakin throughout E3 and possibly die of a broken heart, but it wouldn't make much sense in terms of character continuity.

It would make sense actually but thats just my opinion.

Padme will stick with Anakin through to the bitter end even when she realises she has to part with him. Because her compassion for him and her loyalty to him means she wont give up on him, its a trait she passes on to their children, especially Luke.
    And even though Leia's words of her mother are very vague and brief, they will perfectly describe Padme...they already do describe Padme.

Padme being the Concrete Angel is exactly what Episode 3 needs, it cements (pun intended ;) ) the tragic episode we will be watching in 2005.

BTW:
    I think also that Padme will stand by Anakin(stupidly) until he pushes her away.

This could very well be the perfect description of the tragedy of Episode 3.
    That she'll stand by him throughout Episode 3 until the person she fell in love with has melted away and he pushes her away.

:( Damn you Lucas you are really gonna make me hate my favourite character for sure in EP3 :(

15. Emos-Edud

Emos-Edud Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    Scuiggefest,

Way to pick up on comedy. Let me spell it out for you.

Elton John was the subject of a bogus Star Wars rumor. He also wrote a song called "Candle in the Wind" which was once for Marilyn Monroe, but later rededicated to Princess Diana, who happened to die in a high-speed chase. Perhaps I should ahve made the joke clearer by having Padme die in a high-speed chase while avoiding the notorious Couruscant paparazzi.

Try to keep up.

16. jMo_Skywalker

jMo_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 2002
    Ummm settle down...... hahaha- I hope that Padme' will be very stoic until the very end, when she realizes that all hope is lost... except for Luke of course

17. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Actually, I thought that was pretty funny by Emos, and I have to laugh at those of you who were sucked in.

Star Wars is not the Matrix - we will not hear Elton John NOR Linkin Park in Episode III (thank God).

Anyway, enough about Nattering Portman's acting skills - we've got another thread going slagging her for that. lol

In terms of her Episode III character, I wonder if it will come down to morals/principles. Would Padme continue her relationship with Anakin, realizing he has turned to the DS?

I wonder if Padme and the Jedi will fake her death - to keep her away from Anakin/Sidious - especially if they realize she is pregnant.

Actually, Lucas could make their relationship really interesting - juxtapose the slow breakdown of their marriage with Anakin's rising star in the Republic/Empire - some people are guessing that Anakin might be announced as the "Hero of the Clone Wars" or something.

The more power/prestige Anakin gets, the more arrogant and self-consumed he becomes - the more he gets tempted by the DS, the less Padme wants to be with him.

18. Vader666

Vader666 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 3, 2003
    It's interesting to see her transition from politician to mother....

I'd say she dies tragically for the sake of saving her children...

Perhaps that is what Vader was thinking when he saved Luke from the Emperor...

It was his love for Padme all along.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.