main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary Padme's burial.

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by darth-paul-, Jun 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth-paul-

darth-paul- Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2004
    I made my wife watch ROTS tonight and she noticed something that I did not notice.

She noticed that when padme goes by on the bier, that she has a big belly. Did anybody else notice that?

They (yoda and OB1) made it look like she died before the baby came.

Darth Paul

2. Magpie Jen

Magpie Jen Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 19, 1999
    I noticed that too - you still have a a bit of a belly just after delivery, so I don't know if anyone had to do anything other than arrange her clothes carefully to maintain the illusion. I agree, they would have have wanted people to think she hadn't delivered yet so the twins could be hidden.
    Jen

3. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    totally noticed it, they wanted it to look like she hadn't given birth.

4. darth-paul-

Jan 9, 2004
    I guess that I didn't notice because I am male. Guys don't notice things like that.

DP

5. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    might be because i saw pics of it before hand and it was a definately pregnant outfit :p

6. veritate

veritate Jedi Master star 2

Oct 25, 2004
    I believe it even explains something to that effect in the Visual Dictionary for E3; Yoda and Obi Wan do it intentionally, to make the whole world think the twins died in childbirth, too.

It also says that it would be terribly tabbo and improper among the Naboo for anyone to outwardly question the paternity of Padme's child. No one dares to question it, so no one discovers that Darth Vader, the new face of the new Empire, got their beloved Padme pregnant and killed her.

In fact, I believe the dictionary also says that they are actually led to believe that the JEDI killed her, so Naboo "falls to the dark side" in that respect, blaming the Jedi for the tragedy.

Pretty in-depth thought for Lucas, no? :p

7. Jordain

Jordain Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2003
    *Sigh* The first time I saw that scene, I'm like "what...didn't she have the babies?" It was terrible...I though maybe they forgot to remove her fake pregnancy padding before shooting the scene. Now it all makes so much more sense. And I feel silly. :)

8. darth-paul-

Jan 9, 2004
    Did any guys notice her belly? Or was it just the ladies that noticed it.

DP

9. Movaar

Movaar Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2005

I noticed it. I thought it was a pretty slick way to cover up the twins being born. I was wondering how they were going to get around it.

10. iRob

iRob Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2005
    I must admit that I did not. Now I have another reason to watch it again.

Not like I need one, but hey...

11. DrHaggis

DrHaggis Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2004
    I thought she looked "puffy," but I also thought Palpatine looked "puffy" after the force-lightning makeover.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.