main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Padme's clones?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Jo Lucas, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Jo Lucas

Jo Lucas Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2015
    Hello guys, I am new here!

Okay, I have a problem with The Phatom Manace (we all have ;)) who are those girl, dressed in orange, remaining the Queen? Really, I've a problem with it! Because there's a point in the movie, when Padme come and say "I'm the Queen, she (Queen) is a clone."

My head: what????[face_hypnotized]

Thanks for replying, and sorry for the bad english, it is not my first language :rolleyes:

2. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    They're not clones, they're decoys, people who look like her, trained to be her handmaidens and royal bodyguards.

The exact quote, at least in the English version, is:

"This is my decoy...my protection...my loyal bodyguard."

3. Jo Lucas

Aug 28, 2015
    Like the woman who died at the beginning of Attack of the Clones?

4. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Yes, exactly.

They're bodyguards pretending to be Padme, so that Padme's enemies will attack the bodyguard, and not Padme herself.

5. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    As CT said, she never says clones, she says decoy. They're all individual women, most likely all non-related, that just hold a strong resemblance to Padme/ Amidala in the right light. A lot of rulers have this policy, apparently Fidel Castro and Sadam Hussein had the same deal. Just an extra level of protection against those who wish to see the ruler six feet deep. We see the effectiveness at the beginning of AOTC.

Fun fact Jo; Keira Knightley was one of the decoys in TPM.

6. LZM65

LZM65 Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2015
    Rose Byrne and Sofia Coppola were also decoys.

7. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    Actually, though, I think Jo Lucas has stumbled onto a genuine insight. Padme's decoys are kind of like her clones, in a way.

8. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

Corde, who pretended to be Padme in AOTC, is able to duplicate her voice as part of her disguise. The same thing happened when Sabe spoke as her, in TPM. Both times, Natalie Portman's voice was dubbed over the other actresses. Though in TPM, Keria Knightly who played Sabe, looked a bit like Natalie Portman which helped out a lot.

[​IMG]

wmu'14 and thejeditraitor like this.
  9. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I don't have a problem with The Phantom Menace. It's almost a perfect film in my eyes (after reading Darth Plagueis I now wish Plagueis himself would have been included at some point, but that's my only gripe). Indeed, I wish GL would have made two prequel trilogies: one based around The Phantom Menace, the other based around the events of the Clone Wars.

10. mikeximus

mikeximus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2012

The theme of duplicity is a strong one in TPM.

The Chancellor's Ambassadors are really Jedi
    The Trade Federations Blockade of Naboo is really a front for a more complex plan of their own
    Sidious is really someone else
    Sidious's own plan for the Trade Federations blockade is different from that of the Plan the Trade Federation believes
    Body doubles being used for the Queen
    The Jedi pretending to be something else on Tatooine so as to not draw attention to themselves

There's probably more that I am missing, but, it is a strong theme in the movie and obviously done intentionally...

11. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Not so much duplicity, but duality.

"Duality is also present in the characters of Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon. In the beginning, Obi-Wan is at odds with Qui-Gon, who rebels against the Jedi rules. But by the end of the film, he has become Qui-Gon by taking on his rebellious personality and his responsibilities."

-- George Lucas, Star Wars: The Making of Episode I, 1999

12. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    [​IMG]

13. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    both.

mikeximus likes this.
  14. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001

There's no need to make fun of Jo Lucas. Not everyone can speak English that well, much less write it well enough.

Jo Lucas likes this.
  15. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    I was just making a joke. I meant no offense to Jo Lucas, if he/she took it that way.

Jo Lucas likes this.
  16. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    At first I thought this thread was asking "Why didn't Vader just clone Padme after ROTS" :p

Jo Lucas likes this.
  17. Jo Lucas

Aug 28, 2015
    Well, I think he would need of some genetic samples, LOL :D

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  18. Jo Lucas

Aug 28, 2015
    NO problem! I (male) am just offended when someone says that Han shot first (what is a lie, because Greedo did it) :p

Davak24 likes this.
  19. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012

Vader was probably probably trying to leave his life behind, including Padme. Plus the Emperor would have seen him as weak for doing so.

In The Force Unleashed, one of the original plans was to have the Secret Apprentice sent to find Darth Plagueis as part of a plot by Darth Vader to resurrect Padmé Amidala.

20. vnu

vnu Jedi Master star 3

Sep 8, 2012
    I think it would've been important to at least recognize the Sabe` name as well as the important part of Padme` being the one in the Senate and the key Coruscant scenes. I guess Anakin requesting to see Padme` and her not being there covers the second point, but I would've at least enjoyed hearing the decoy's name.

Is this in the book? Sounds like a cool concept.

21. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012

No, never made it into the TFU game or novel.

22. DarthTalonx

DarthTalonx Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2014
    Yes I think six episodes would have been preferable to 1. I think we still could have started at TPM. But we needed more time to see Anakin grow up and becoming best friends with Obi Wan. And the Clone Wars could have been expanded on on the screen. Also it would be nice to see events immediately following ROTS and in between that and ANH including a Jedi Purge.