main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padme's dying words.

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by VadersOnThatShip, Nov 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leias_love_slave

Leias_love_slave Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2003
    To be honest, I don't feel that strongly about it one way or the other. I'm just saying that she has good reason to consider it a possibility that Anakin might be dead.

If she can 'feel' that he's not, that could be explained as 'the will of the Force'...

...or simply 'woman's intuition'. Either way, the idea that she feels he's still alive is romantic and poetic, so I'm fine with it.

(I'm less fine about whatever the heck caused her heart to stop beating.);)

2. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    Whoa whoa, source? I remember that rumor, but I thought that was just a thread that someone started on here or, even worse, that it came from supershadow (GASP!).

3. Darth_M-Monroe

Darth_M-Monroe Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 28, 2004
    I agree that Padme was a very force-sensitive being in ROTS. Did any of you catch the rumination scene? There is ?force sensitive? written all over Padme in that scene! Look at the way her and Anakin can in a way ?communicate? with each other. She senses Anakin?s pain, she takes a deep breath and is troubled by the things she is feeling. I am not saying Padme herself is force-sensitive, but she is carrying two force-sensitive babies that, I would think, makes her VERY sensitive to the things going on.

4. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    padme,the most force sensitive being ever ?!?! i had the impression that anakin had that title.

i would like to see the source of that too.

5. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    But then that could be down to more natural empathy with her partner. Sometimes my girlfriend knows what I'm thinking or feeling and vice versa, occasionally even when we're not in the same room. We're just on a similar wavelength.

So Padme and Anakin could share that, rather than it being necessarily a Force-related issue.

6. Enshu-Atsukau

Enshu-Atsukau Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 20, 2005
    Didn't it occur to any of you that, between her return from Mustafar and her death, quite some time has passed and that we don't see everything in the movie ? Obi-Wan has been able to talk a lot with her between these events ! It is not because we don't see Obi-Wan telling Padme about Anakin that he didn't at all !

End of thread.

7. Force-Keeper

Force-Keeper Jedi Master star 5

Jun 16, 2004
    Obi-Wan thought Anakin died, therefore he didn't want Padmè to know, hence the hand on her shoulder. All the interaction between Obi-Wan and Padmè from Mustafar to Polis Massa was in the film. He doesn't tell her anything about Anakin not making it because it would be too much for her to take at that time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.