main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padme Amidala Padme's Episode 3 Dressing Gown

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by PadawansGuide, May 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadawansGuide

PadawansGuide Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 26, 2002
    We don't have a thread on this one yet, that I could tell, so I thought I would start one.

I have a few new detail shots of the hair clips, the trim, and the beaded balls that are on the front of the dressing gown on my making of page.

The fabric seems to be some sort of eyelash fabric, or sweater knit, with embroidered trim running down each sleeve. There are purple beads with white seed beads making tassels at the shoulders and wrists - with beaded ball tassels in front.

Here are some good resources for the beaded ball tassels - wraith13 posted these in the AOTC nightgown thread

http://www.swallowhillcreations.com/knit_button.htm
    http://www.swallowhillcreations.com/CrochetedBallfinal.htm

The shoulders also have some beads and sequins where the tassel attaches.

I have a lead on a fabric that might work (just waiting for swatches!). But it is the trim that I wanted to talk about.

I asked the trim seller I bought my Arwen BR trim from, Suomynona Couture, if they could find anything to match the trim from this costume. Since I have a good pic of the trim, they said they have someone who can make hand-embroidered wool trim that will match the pictures. The trim only appears to be down the arms - and playing it safe, you'd probably only need 24-25" per arm - so maybe a yard and a half total. The catch is that the trim is expensive - $35/yd. And in order to do this, we'd need to total at least 4 yards. At 1.5 yds per person, we'd only need 3 people interested. If you are seriously interested in going in on some trim for this costume, please PM me in the next day or so. Don't worry about being international - if I know you are serious, I can make arrangements to mail it to you if you are really interested.

Edit:

Before I forgot, Naboo_Girl has a great craft foam tutorial on how she made her Tatooine midriff costume headpiece that could be really useful for this costume:

http://www.eastofthewoods.com/medievalcourt/c-lightblueheadpiece.html

2. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    This Gown really seems very simple and I thot I saw fabric that suit the Gown (except the color?) that I will like to do it but with the urge to finally get my Biker Scout armor, have to give it and many others a miss. :(

For those doing it, good luck! [face_dancing] I'm sure you all (including you Maggie if you are indeed doing it too! ;) ) will make great replica of it. ;)

If I ever see a substitude here in Singapore, will post up. ;)

3. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
    Remember to seal your craft foam with watered down glue first, so the paint won't just soak right in. I'd suggest trying a silver leafing pen as well, instead of silver paint, as it might give a more metallic look?

4. PadawansGuide

PadawansGuide Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 26, 2002
    Thanks for the advice Cassandra! Hey, can you add this thread to the index thread for Padme Ep. III costumes?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.