main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padme's Family in ROTS

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by RebelScum77, Oct 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    So, according to the OS, everyone in Padme's family (mother, father, sister, nieces) is in ROTS. These are the only other bits of information that have been released:

- Given the nature of the involvement of Padme's family in Ep3, Pablo would be very surprised if their scenes were cut.

- According to the set diaries, they shot for only one or two days. At the same time on the webcam, a large procession of people was being filmed (and I'm not crazy, but there seemed to be a clear coffin shaped object in the crowd, that's where this theory first came from).

- Anakin will not meet or interact with the Naberrie family. -Pablo Hidalgo

- Padme gives birth on a new planet.

Based on the above, the only logical explaination I can come up with is that Padme's family is there for her funeral. I've heard many people speculate that they are around for the birth, but it doesn't make sense that her entire family would be with her on a new planet. But yet the scene is too important to be cut.

What do you think?

2. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    I don't know in what context they will appear....I have some guesses. But I'm willing to wager that Sio Bibble's appearance will probably coincide with theirs.

My biggest guess at this point would be the funeral and then they'll Sio Bibble Sio Bibble into the scene that was shot with the family in Australia.

3. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    I can't think of any other reason to include Padme's family, aside from a funeral senerio.

:cool: Mace Windy,
    five years of windiness!

4. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    It's possible that there is a discussion with the family about taking the children. It may be decided that it is too risky. Although, it would be more interesting if they refused to take the children, which would add another level of sadness and abandonment to the story of the adopted twins.

5. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    Although, it would be more interesting if they refused to take the children, which would add another level of sadness and abandonment to the story of the adopted twins.

I don't think they would do that. I think they'd try and convince Obi-Wan to let them raise the children but it would be a loosing fight.

~aeryn

6. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Could be. But we don't really know her family and what they are like. Their scenes were cut in AOTC. Maybe that was for a reason.

7. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    Those scenes were cut because of pacing. I seriously doubt that Padme's family would refuse her children because of danger... I mean, she was Queen... they're used to danger. There has to be some other reason why the kids aren't given to them... perhaps it's too obvious and Obi-Wan/Yoda decide not to risk any of their lives. Bail would be used to secrecy and security, more so than the Naberries.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.