main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padme Amidala Padme's Gold flower outfit

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by LadyNaberrie, Feb 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sye-Jon_Jinn

Sye-Jon_Jinn Jedi Youngling

Jul 26, 2002
    I just want to say thank you very much!

2. _Madeleine_

_Madeleine_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 17, 2002
    Hi!

I?ve been watching this thread for a while now, and I am going to make this dress! It?s so beautiful! Well, I just wanted to introduce myself! :)

3. Mrs_MayimNaar

Mrs_MayimNaar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    Sakura, don't lose heart! If you look back like 15 pages or something, you'll see that I couldn't find my corset fabric for the longest time. I wasn't willing to settle for less than exactly what I wanted though, and sure enough I found the exact fabric. The color was white, but it's dyeable, so it worked out fine. All this suffice to say that if you wait for the right fabric and don't settle for anything less than your own standards, you'll eventually find it! [face_clown]

4. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Welcome Madeleine! (I LOVE the name Madeleine :D )

Yes, Sakura, don't lose heart. Mrs_M is right, you'll find the right fabric sooner or later.

And, at the behest and encouragement from many of you lovely ladies here, I have completed the most relevant info consolidation into an index like post. It's chock full of the 25 pages worth of everyone's information, links to resource photos and sites, links to finished costumes, links to which patterns everyone has used, fabric suggestions, construction tips...etc.
    So, if no one is completely opposed, we can have the new thread up later today and it will be linked to in the final post of this one.
    So, in the words of a marriage officiant, "Speak now or forever hold your peace." :p

5. surlygirlie

surlygirlie Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 2000
    Well, I certainly think we're due a new, more organized thread on this costume --

While this thread has been fabulously informative, it's gotten to be so overwhelmingly huge that I think it almost can't bear its own weight anymore.

So, I'm highly in favor of the new and improved one, Obi-Dawn.

-sg

6. rvqavalon

rvqavalon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 24, 2002
    I agree with surlygirlie. It would be really nice to be able to look at one page and find the resource you (read: anyone looking :D) were looking for and not have to read 25 pages before you found it.

Kate

7. MiraxTHorn

MiraxTHorn Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2000
    Yes, please do it, Dawn! It would be such a great help! (Even though I'll be sad to say good-bye to this one. :) )

Regards,
    M.

8. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Jan 27, 2000
    MiraxTHorn, it'll still be around! :) We just won't post in it anymore. And there will be a link to it in the very first post too, I promise. :)

9. FERDALUMP

FERDALUMP Jedi Youngling star 3

May 12, 2002
    OBI-DAWN- you are just too organized. But that's just what we need around here! Can't wait to see the new site.

again I say..."YOU GO GIRL!" :) :)
    Ferd

10. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Jan 27, 2000
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.