main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padme Amidala Padme's Gold Picnic Dress v3.0

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by kay_dee, Feb 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyandra

Kyandra Jedi Youngling

May 30, 2006
    Me too, please! I want to get on that list, too.
    I´m so glad that i don´t miss this chance (hopefully) to get my hands on the original sequins.
    Oh and i´m content with half a kilo. ;)

Thank you so much for finding them, Mirax and kay_dee for deciding which colour is right.

Mirax, i´ve sent you an email with the required info. (kyandra_j at yahoo dot de)

Thanks
    Kyandra

2. MiraxTHorn

MiraxTHorn Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2000
    I've got you both on the list, adelas and Kyandra. Thank you for getting me you address info! :)

Tomorrow is the last day to be added to the list. After that, you'll have to see if anyone is willing to share their leftovers (or start a new order). :)

Regards,
    M.

3. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
  4. Benae_Quee

Benae_Quee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    OMG soooooooo adorable :D He looks a lot like you too :)

5. Takianna

Takianna Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2005
    What a cute baby! He's so bright eyed. Very cute! :)

6. ecila

ecila Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2002
    Dawn - Braden is simply adorable!

:)
    ecila

7. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Awww... He's so cute! :)

~Spacelady

8. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Jan 27, 2000
    Thanks! :)

So here's a crazy thing: I bought a mask off of eBay that's made from an actual lifecast of Natalie Portman's face. Since my picnic dress is going to be spending most of its time on my dressform and/or a mannequin I thought why not give it Padmé's face too? I think I really want to get a mannequin with arms so the sleeves look correct and then I can attach the mask to the head somehow. The mask is currently just painted a fleshtone but I'm going to paint in her features and add a wig. Crazy? :p

9. Lady-3PO

Lady-3PO Jedi Youngling

Jun 16, 2004
    Hey, can I get added to the list too? Jainamsolo warned me today was the last day to do so.

Thanks!

10. luminousbeing78

luminousbeing78 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 9, 2005
    Dawn--your baby is beautiful!!![face_batting] And no...the mannequin idea is really cool--my first draft picnic dress was in an art exhibit (very small town-local artists, craftsmen, photographers, etc.)and they let me use a really cool mannequin with a nice wig and everything....but no face!! She looked kinda spooky. Even a Padme halloween mask would have made her a little, let's see...real. If your going to display a beautiful dress, do it in style!!!

11. nya

nya Jedi Youngling star 2

May 22, 2001
    LOL Obi Dawn! I just purchased the same lifecast mask on ebay a few weeks ago. Although, I got it because I'm sculpting a 16" Padme doll right now and it is very helpful to have a real 3-D version of her face for reference. On my last Padme doll, I just had photograghs to use and I think it will be much more realistic when I can look at her face from any angle to get the right proportions. It is a very cool mask though, and I think it's a great idea to use it to display your beautiful costume! BTW, your baby is sooo adorable!

12. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    awww he's so cut Dawn, congratualtions :)

13. PadawansGuide

PadawansGuide Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 26, 2002
    Awww, Dawn, he's so cute! He's so big already! :)

14. SWCostumer

SWCostumer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 31, 2005
    Very cute. Good to see other SW fans have found the Vader onesie. I bought one for my new grandchild (luckily in a different size than his father bought for him). Soon I need to make him his first Jedi outfit seeing as his middle name is Anakin.

15. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Dawn - Thanks for sharing the pics of Braden! He looks like he has your big blue eyes :) Very cute.

Wow, I didn't know there were masks available on ebay. I think if you can rig up a reasonable head it would be great to display your costume with it. Your gown is such a work of art to be proud of and show off!

- kay dee

16. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    I'm starting to get nervous about the day we send the money to you, Mirax. Cause the eighth is coming up in four days and I will be gone for the entire summer, so if you still haven't gotten back to us to send it in before the seventh, I'm gonna have to send mine in early, since I won't be here. I hope that's okay for ya! [face_blush]

~Spacelady

17. Tally-Skywalker

Tally-Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2006
    I was just roaming the boards when I came across Padawa's guide's name. I wanna thanx to you for your site. I'm actually using it now to make my Padme AOTC battle outfit. I've never sewn anything before (my mom is teaching me how before I go off to college) and I'm using your site as a reference. Thanx for it!!

~Tally

18. Orliaan-Nabberie

Orliaan-Nabberie Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 17, 2005
    Obi-Dawn - Your son is so adorable! So wide-eyed and cute. :)

Btw - I really admire your Picnic Dress. You did a terrific job on it! :D

19. MiraxTHorn

Aug 22, 2000
    Hi Everyone,

Sorry I haven't gotten the payment info to you yet! I sent an email to the company last Thursday with a couple questions and haven't heard back from them yet. I'll try again tonight.

Regards,
    M.

20. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Jan 27, 2000
    Thanks everyone! :)

nya, that's so funny that you have the mask too! I'm curious if you think the tip of the nose on your mask seems too flat, like it was smushed, when looking at it in profile? Mine does. I've drawn Natalie's face and looked at pictures enough times to know that the tip of her nose is different than my mask. But the rest of it is perfect.

Orliaan-Naberrie, thank you so much. Are you making a picnic dress of your own? It's such a fun project because everything on it is so pretty.

21. Orliaan-Nabberie

Orliaan-Nabberie Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 17, 2005
    Obi-Dawn - I've thought about it, and I probably will, once I get more experience in sewing. [face_blush] I've started work on the headband and snoods, but at least it's a start! :)

22. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    Mirax, I don't mean to be pushy about the payment, but I need to get it to you soon. I'm leaving tomorrow night, and I won't be back until August. And I don't really trust that my mom can get the money out to you, she gets busy a lot, so erm... yeah...

~Spacelady

23. Nacchi

Nacchi Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2005
    Obi-Dawn - your baby is super cute! ^^

24. nya

nya Jedi Youngling star 2

May 22, 2001
    Obi-Dawn, Good! I'm not crazy, and it's not just mine! I'm glad you noticed the nose too. I think maybe the mold was smushed somewhere along the line and now they are mass producing the error. Although, I don't think that it's too distracting.

25. MiraxTHorn

Aug 22, 2000
    Hi Everyone,

I'm really sorry this is taking so long. The company has all the sudden stopped answering my emails. I'm confident I will get this ordered. It's just taking longer than I anticipated.

The shipping of the order from China to the US will cost approximately $450 according to UPS, so I divided that by the number of people ordering(45), plus $2 per person for the other two shipments I received. Pretty scary that shipping is more than the actual sequins. I called UPS to verify the amount and explained that I wanted the least expensive shipping possible. That was it. :( I also looked at FedEx, but they were even more. I've asked the company if there are any cheaper shipping options, but I haven't heard back yet. I'm hoping this will be ok with everyone. I'm sorry the shipping is turning into such a huge hassle! I never dreamed it would be so expensive. :(

Here's what I calculated for the final cost:
    $5 per half kilo OR $10 per kilo of sequins
    $12 to cover shipping (samples and final product)
    $4 to ship to a US address
    Total - $21 for a half kilo OR $26 for a full kilo to a US address

I'm going to go to the Post Office tomorrow to get accurate quotes for the international addresses. I just don't trust the website. I'll post that tomorrow. It looks like it would be about $6 for most countries, but I really want to double check.

If the final breakdown is ok with you, you can send a paypal to: carrieivey_at_gotarmor_dot_net. Please make sure you include your full name on the paypal info.

Thanks for being patient with me on this! I'm really working hard to get this settled before I meave next Wed night. If you have any questions, please let me know.
    Regards,
    M.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.