main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padme Amidala Padme's green velvet robe from Episode 3

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by jedilucass, Dec 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tenyon

Tenyon Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 12, 2003
    Your dress looks so beautiful :)! Great job!
    ( I'm so jealous on your natural curls right now :p)

2. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    That's a great costume on you, Samantha. How was the Times Square TRU last night?

3. Benae_Quee

Benae_Quee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    I don't know if her pics are up yet, but here's mine :) It was sooooo much fun last night :D

4. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Times Square was awesome!

We had 3 padmes. An episode 1, 2 and 3 lol. It all worked out nicely. (We even we in size order!)

I FINALLY got my pictures to upload (Stupid currupted picture was messing it all up)

They can be found right here: http://imageevent.com/jedisamantha/starwarsevents/midnighttoyrelease2005

Thank you to everyone for all the compliments and comments :) this was a very difficult dress to make, and i am glad i had everyones help, yet again :)

5. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    looks beautiful, your hair is so perfect for padme, looks like you guys had a lot of fun :)

6. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002

My one peeve about this costume -- is it makes me only look 16 when i'll be 22 in 4 weeks lol.

Ugh im getting old...

7. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Great pics!

8. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Love all the photos. :) Looks like you all have great fun! :)

Now I wish I was wearing a Padme Outfit during the TRU Midnight Sale here too but my SW Costumes gears haven't fully start yet so ended up as a Jedi. :( Was busy making my Hermione Robe last week for a concert earlier in the nite.

9. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002

I think i figured out how to hide the problem area alittle better.

Also before C3, I need to fix the purple sash to say up better.

As well as a friend of mine is possibly gonna help me stamp the symbol into the velvet. So the costume might look better at C3 :)

Still gotta finish one more costume for C3... and I think I am gonna leave barriss at home this time!

10. Benae_Quee

Benae_Quee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    I was looking at the picture of the green robe in the Making of ROTS book last night and while studying the purple sash noticed that it looked like a velvet or a fabric with a a slight pile. There as light coming from behind and it lit up the pile a little. I don't have the book to show anyone, and we can't post them anyway :( If anyone has it, take a look and you'll see what I mean.

11. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Hopefully someone will have it up on their website soon. ;)

It and another are good pictures showing some details that some of us might had missed and it was one of the reasons I gotten that book.

12. jedilucass

jedilucass Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 1, 2002
    The making of book has a lot of good pics- and, while reading some of the text, it says that it's "cut velvet"... interesting. The brooch is a lot more beaded than what I orginally thought- although mine does look good from working off tiny unclear images. Also, there are designs just above the sash, looking a lot like a stylized naboo symbol. My scanner is currently broken, or else I'd get them up somewhere...
    ~Laura

13. jedi_ginny

jedi_ginny Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2002
    just wanted to say that i finally found my velvet! and believe it or not, it only costs something like 2 dollars a yard. now on to making it. :)

14. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Congrates, Jedi_ginny! =D= So what kind of velvet is it? And the pricetag make it sound like such a bargain! ;)

Still see no sight of the correct color here in Singapore. :( But I did spy a "cheap" but soft satin that seems like the correct color so maybe I'll ditch it and do the Underdress first, together with the mock-up of the Robe while waiting to afford ordering the velvet from overseas. [face_thinking]

15. joelle

joelle Jedi Youngling

Dec 26, 2004
    could someone whos made the brooch please give some advice on hwo they made it or pm me with some tips please? thanks a lot, joelle

16. surlygirlie

surlygirlie Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 2000
    Great pics, Sam! Looks like everyone had a grand time.

Also, that color is super flattering on you. :)

17. jedilucass

jedilucass Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 1, 2002
    I've made the brooch- although, now that the image is out, it's not as exact, but mine gets the feel of it- I'll be redoing it as soon as I can afford the velvet. What I did was found a pre-made brooch with what I thought the design looked like, then beads in green, super dark red, and then tear shaped for the bottom of the beaded part. I then painted the brooch, and using some craft wire, added the beads.

You ight want to check out the padawansguide. They've got a gourgeous new pic of the close up of the brooch! :)

~laura

18. joelle

joelle Jedi Youngling

Dec 26, 2004
    thanks laura! i`ll keep my eyes open.

19. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    Thanks Vicky :)

This costume is getting a lot of good reviews which is making me really happy :) (especially since i spent so much money on it!)

20. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Okay, since I think it'll be some time before I can find the velvet or order it from overseas (I'm in Singapore), will do the Underdress for myself first. Saw the satin the other day at the cloth shop anyway tho' it's isn't Crepa Back Satin or Silk Satin (think it's the "cheaper" 45" satin but still better than the cheapo ones) . :p

I'm thinking of using McCall's 3762 for the Underdress. Will have to modify the bottom to make bigger, probably 2 times its width? Any advice on modifying the skirt part to make it wider?

Oh! To line the Underdress or not to line the underdress. :p

21. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    I lined it with cotton to make it weigh down more. Worked really good!

22. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Hmmm...Cotton. Maybe I'll do the same. Or better still be cheapskate and use Cotton-Polyester since I got 4m of the White one at hand with no commitment.

Thanks! :)

23. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    I got my cotton from the $1.00 rack at Wal-Mart. Its nice and weighted and worked fine. I got a dark blue, so when i drew the lines on it to get the quilting -- i could see them.

24. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    A friend of mine (Andres and Bonnie) got a REALLY nice shot of my entire costume.

[image=http://photos.imageevent.com/atomickitten/trumidnightmadness2005/websize/IM000508.JPG]

Just thought id let everyone see the whole thing top to bottom :)

25. Tenyon

Tenyon Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 12, 2003
    Don't worry about the sewing mistake Samantha,you don't even see it :). Still such a pretty dress on you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.