main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padme Amidala Padme's Meadow Picnic Dress v4.0

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by MiraxTHorn, Aug 6, 2006.

1. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I just sent the payment. :)

2. Orliaan-Nabberie

Orliaan-Nabberie Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 17, 2005
    *Sigh* I'd love to make an order for the ribbon, but I have no form of payment at the moment. :(

And Padawans_Guide, I love those sequins thanks for sharing. :D

3. fairyprincess

fairyprincess Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 11, 2007
    Payment Sent the other day!!!!

4. Jedi-Siri

Jedi-Siri Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2004
    I finally sent off payment. Hopefully it will get there soon. Sorry it took me so long.

5. Darth_Aranel

Darth_Aranel Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2005
    Sorry I've been having trouble with both my internet connection and also with accessing these forums! Tomorrow I'm flying home for a week, so I'll have a better internet connection, and be able to make the payment then. Sorry it's taken so long!

6. Last_Chael

Last_Chael Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 25, 2006
    Ooops! Sorry! I forgot that my boyfriend was signed in on my computer! sorry! That was me! :D

7. Benae_Quee

Benae_Quee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Just updating this list

I have payment recieved by...
    Maggie
    Dawn
    Carrie
    Joanna
    Caroline
    Felicitas
    Johanna
    Rebecca

People who have not yet paid...
    Jedi_Siri (Pending)
    Last Chael (Pending)
    Star-Fire Phoenix (PM Sent)
    Tenyon (PM Sent)

Whomever is going to be the main receiver for the Australia picnic ribbon, please PM and let me know it's you. I don't want to send this to the wrong address :)

8. starfire-phoenix

starfire-phoenix Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 2, 2004
    Just sent my payment :) Sorry for the delay.

9. Last_Chael

Feb 25, 2006
    Just sent my payment off today as well! :D

10. Benae_Quee

Nov 15, 2002
    Maggie
    Dawn
    Carrie
    Joanna
    Caroline
    Felicitas
    Johanna
    Rebecca
    Gayle
    Alison

People who have not yet paid...
    Jedi_Siri (Pending)
    Tenyon (PM Sent)

Today I cashed the checks from the US buyers and dove into buying ribbons. I managed to get all the Tomatillo and Ballerina ribbons. I'll be transferring the Paypal funds and purchasing the rest of the ribbons next week so I can start sending these out :) I have a roll of Rosebud and Buttercream on hold and will get the Eucalyptus as well. I have to check inventory tomorrow and see how much we have in stock, maybe I don't have to special order a roll :D
    If everyone is happy with the ribbons, I'll see about starting a new order for everyone else :)

11. ewok78

ewok78 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 20, 2005
    I can't wait to have them !

12. TomBlonde-adill

TomBlonde-adill Jedi Youngling

Feb 19, 2005
    Forgive my busting in like this; I have an update on my 'Inspired-by' outfit.

My mom and I placed an order on Wednesday for some of Dharma's Fiber Reactive Dyes--I got two 2 oz. containers of their Citrus Yellow for this project and a couple other things. Dharma has fast service; the dyes arrived on Friday afternoon! :D

I'll experiment with stovetop dyeing and see how the poly takes the dye (after it's bleached). I'm thinking of getting a big pot specifically for the purpose, as I don't want to mess up one of my mom's. :p

May the Force be with you,
    ~'Tom'~

13. Last_Chael

Feb 25, 2006
    Yay! Just got word from my boy that my sequins just arrived!! Unfortunately I don't get home til Wednesday, but I'm so happy they've arrived! :D yay! And I'm picking up my headband ribbon from FairyPrincess tomorrow! Though with my current monetary situation, I can't afford to buy fabric, but hopefully I'll get a job this week and be able to start looking! :D

14. Benae_Quee

Nov 15, 2002
    Maggie
    Dawn
    Carrie
    Joanna
    Caroline
    Felicitas
    Johanna
    Rebecca
    Gayle
    Alison
    Jennifer

I've received 11 payments and have space for one more person since my 12th person never responded to me. If someone wants in on the last batch, please PM me right away. I can only buy 4 colors right now, I need one more payment to be able to get the last color (Eucalyptus) and ship everything out.

15. Benae_Quee

Nov 15, 2002
    Yay! The final payment is received and the Eucalyptus is on order. I should be getting the roll in this week (maybe Wednesday, maybe Thursday) :D

16. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Ohhh, that's great news.

I really want to do my new version of this dress soon. I have a couple of other projects, but with this one it would be easier since I've made it once already and that there is so much research done with it already.

17. ewok78

Jun 20, 2005
    Nothing more to write : GREAT GREAT GREAT !!

18. Falls_the_Shadow

Falls_the_Shadow Jedi Youngling star 3

May 31, 2002
    Updated - SHAWL or CAPE fabric leads

1. To start utterly from scratch, consider using "English Cotton Netting" or "Swiss Cotton Netting" used in heirloom sewing. Silk Tulle is probably the original.

2. It appears that Wal*Mart re-named the ?Rose Traditions? curtain fabric.

The "Home Trends" "Victorian Roses" shower curtain is available online without a mark-up from the retail in-store price:

http://www.centralchef.com/StoreFrontProfiles/DeluxeSFItemDetail.aspx?sid=1&sfid=123094&c=0&i=225091666

The shower curtain is set on a cream-colored mesh fabric and has a scalloped edge at its base. The edge might even be already embroidered in the green and yellow-green thread: the detail shot is too small to be sure.

3. A similar 3-cluster embroidery is on another "Home Trends" shower curtain fabric.

Wal*Mart (Chiefland, Florida) has "Home Trends" Athena fabric shower curtain. The size is 70 inches by 72 inches in length (178 cm X 183 cm). The UPC number is 7829814763 and there is a model or design number of 2178839.

The background fabric is more solid and is not a net, but the roses are in the three-cluster pattern and are embroidered.

A scan of the fabric for the second curtain is here:
    http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/bb188/Falls_The_Shadow/?action=view&current=CroppedMeadow_Athena.jpg

4. Lastly, I just saw this on E-bay: it appears to be the "Victorian Roses" curtain under another name.
    http://stores.ebay.com/Angels-Dreams-by-angel-dear
    "EMBROIDERED ANTIQUE ROSES SHEER LACE SHOWER CURTAIN NEW"

BY: Designables (Apparently in-house brand for Lowe's Home Improvement)
    Pattern Name: Heritage Rose Size: 72"X72" FABRIC: 100% POLYESTER

19. Jedi-Siri

May 22, 2004
    Oh wow, thank you so much for those finds! I'm probably going to order the curtain from the first link.

20. Benae_Quee

Nov 15, 2002
    The ribbons are all finally in my hands! We had a bit of a delay in getting Eucalyptus in on time from the vendor. I have all 5 colors in my sewing room, I already got all the pinks cut and organized, tonight I finish up the batch and the orders will be going out :D International orders will be marked as a gift so as not to incur additional fees ;)
    I'm glad I was able to help everyone out with this and get you guys the discount :D

21. fairyprincess

fairyprincess Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 11, 2007
    Thank you very much!!!!

22. Jedi-Siri

May 22, 2004
    Thank you so much for all you're hard work! And thanks for such a fantastic discount! It would have taken me a while to save up for all that ribbon but thanks to you I got it sooo much earlier.

You rock!

23. ewok78

Jun 20, 2005
    thanks for all your work !!
    I can't wait to have them !!!!

24. Last_Chael

Feb 25, 2006
    Yes, thank you so much for the discount and for organising it all :D Can't wait to see the pretties!

25. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I'm also eagerly awaiting. Thank you so much for all the work. :)