main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padme Amidala Padme's Meadow Picnic Dress v4.0

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by MiraxTHorn, Aug 6, 2006.

1. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Pardon me for asking as I didn't really follows the thread and infos here [face_blush]

So if either Curtain is used for the dress, we're suppose to dye it the more yellowish color right?

Will the roses color be changed too if this is done, especially with Dylon Multi-Purpose Dye (aka Stove Top)?

I know I had seen similar lace in various colors being sold at the Cloths District here ever since AOTC came out tho' not lately but as usual with all the exclusive laces and embroideried/beaded fabrics there, it cost a bomb as probably the Silk kind. :oops:

2. Kyandra

Kyandra Jedi Youngling

May 30, 2006
    Wow great!
    Thank you so much for all your hard work and the offer for the group order... the discount and all... thank you so much!
    I can´t wait to have the ribbons in my mail.

It´s one step closer to my picnic dress. =)

3. cressie

cressie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 2006

4. TomBlonde-adill

TomBlonde-adill Jedi Youngling

Feb 19, 2005
    Another product you could use to protect the roses is Magik Batik resist. It's liquid until imersed in hot water--then it becomes solid. To remove it, just rinse off with cold water. As the name suggests, it's used for making batiks.

5. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    I have not tried this, but I asked Jessica at CIV how she dyed her cape fabric without effecting the flowers. She said they airbrushed the netting from the back side. I guess the dye or paint just penetrated the netting enough to dye it without totally seeping through to the front of the embroidered flowers.

6. AnariaZar-Rel

AnariaZar-Rel Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2004
    After a year or so of wanting to do this dress, I have finally decided that I will. A LONG term project, but I want to start collecting items/info for this when I eventually start to work on it.

I like the curtain fabric for sale in the link posted a page back - Victorian Roses flower fabric shower curtain - has anyone bought this one? Is it a good match? It's not often someone posts a link to a website that ships what I want internationally, so that would be wonderful if the fabric is a really close match :)

Drat, I missed out on the group ribbon order :( Oh well, perhaps there will be another one in the future, seeing as it will be a while before I get to that stage anyway :)

7. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Hmmm, it's hard to be sure from the picture but, I think that one (Victorian Roses shower curtain) has the roses in clusters of up to four. The real one only has up to three roses in a cluster. But, it is close and like I said, it's hard to tell from the pic.

Enjoy making this dress. It's so much fun! :)

8. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Thanks everyone for the tips. ;)

I'm not exactly that willing yet to do this outfit but who knows, I might in the future. :p And there is talks among some here about them wanting to do it so great to know which direction to point them to in order to get the materials. ;)

9. ewok78

ewok78 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 20, 2005
    Does anybody have some tips for making hand embroidery on the corset (some tutorials with pictures ??) ?

thanks

10. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
  11. ewok78

Jun 20, 2005
    Thanks !
    i know both website, I am looking for something more about embroidery than on the costume:rolleyes:

12. Kasey8473

Kasey8473 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 13, 2005
    I've made a little progress in the past few months. I got burned out on the chainstitch, almost shoved the entire costume in a closet, then changed my plan on the dress completely. I'm still chainstitching, but decided not to put it or sequins on the blouse.

[image=http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g258/kes8473/Padme%20Picnic/blousewithcorset1.jpg]

I then worked on the cape and brooch.

[image=http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g258/kes8473/Padme%20Picnic/brooch2.jpg]

[image=http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g258/kes8473/Padme%20Picnic/capecorsetblouse2.jpg]

I'm currently finishing up the headband.

[image=http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g258/kes8473/WITL/rosesonribbon.jpg]

Most of the in-progress pictures can be found here.

I'm getting there! I've given myself a deadline of August 1 to finish. I don't think I'd get it finished otherwise.

13. Orliaan-Nabberie

Orliaan-Nabberie Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 17, 2005
    How pretty, Kasey! Terrific progress, and best of luck! :D

14. Sotis

Sotis Jedi Master star 1

Aug 21, 2005
    A great progress, Kasey! I love the corset [face_love]
    Well done!

15. Kasey8473

Kasey8473 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 13, 2005
    Thank you Sotis and Orliaan-Nabberie!

16. Falls_the_Shadow

Falls_the_Shadow Jedi Youngling star 3

May 31, 2002
    How does $4.50 a yard of 54 inch wide embroidered shawl fabic sound?

There is a sheer nylon with a dead match for the shawl 3 rose embroidery and the vines.

It was at $9 a yard before any sales in my area.

As it is a red tag fabric, though, the SKU tracking number is re-used for multiple patterns and contents of embroidered sheer fabrics.
    For what is worth, here is the end bolt SKU number and information:
    943-0406 Red Tag PPK Spcl Occasion 54 inch

Shawl fabric in "Red Tag" section at Jo-Ann's fabrics
    Plus, starting Sunday, April 13, all Red Tag fabrics are 50% off

17. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Any pictures? ;)

What color is it anyway?

18. Falls_the_Shadow

Falls_the_Shadow Jedi Youngling star 3

May 31, 2002
    Here is the scan including the scalloped-edge

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb188/Falls_The_Shadow/scan.jpg

19. Jedi-Siri

Jedi-Siri Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2004
    So the fabric is at Jo-Ann's? I searched online and couldn't find it. :(

20. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Maybe since it's a Sale/Red Tag Fabric, it's only available at the physical store?

Ugh! I'll love to get it but due to some personal problems, I have to cut back on getting materials for costumes I'm not even 50% sure I'm willing to do. Thanks to someone "next door", I have a high standard to beat. [face_blush]

21. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    This might be the polyester organza fabric JoAnn's had a few years ago. If that's the case, the stuff may be nearly impossible to dye if my memory serves me correctly.

22. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Benae, have you had a chance to mail out any of our ribbons yet?

23. ewok78

Jun 20, 2005
    Any news , I am a little bit worried as I have no answer to my PM

24. ObiWill

ObiWill Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2001
    Sorry everyone, I've been crazy with Project Runway and getting ready6 for NYCC. At least that is all over and I'm getting all the ribbons out this week. Someone needs to lay claim to receiving the Australian order. I apologize for the delay everyone, I hope I didn't set anyone back too far.

25. Benae_Quee

Benae_Quee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Eesh, I'm so out of it, I posted as my husband LOL