Padme Amidala Padme's Meadow Picnic Dress v4.0

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by MiraxTHorn, Aug 6, 2006.

1. Verdaera Jedi Knight

star 1
    OK, now that I've received all my fabric, I just had a clarifying moment in which I realized I may have misunderstood some grammar when I was researching this. The skirt... everything I am seeing right now says circle skirt. I could have sworn I saw something somewhere where some people were discussing it not being full enough and using 1.5-2 complete circles for the skirt, but now I can't find it. I asked someone about it, and they said yes, two full circles, but I just realized I think they meant two as in "one full circle on top, and one for the underlayer", and now I'm terribly confused. Does anyone remember seeing anywhere that the skirt might be made of more than a full circle? (I may have grossly over-ordered fabric)
  2. afaeryschild Force Ghost

star 1
    I originally had mine as a single circle each layer (each layer: 1/2 circle in front, two 1/4 circle in back), but upped it to 1.5 when it didn't look full enough like the original. I wasn't getting those deep gathers of fabric at the hem. So I went and embroidered another full 1/2 circle panel for months.

For comparison, here's what mine looks like at 1.5 circles (1.5 circles for the embroidered layer and 1.5 circles for the yellow/pink tinged lining). I wanted to get the fullness in the skirt as in the first image.

[IMG] [IMG] [IMG]
    Clearly it needs to be hemmed, but I'm still debating if I want to keep it with a train because I spent the time embroidering it by hand and don't have the heart currently to cut it all off.
  3. Princess_Lesa Force Ghost

star 1
    I found the following drapes at a local thrift shop. Are these the Padme drapes? They were around $13 a set. They had 2 sets. If anyone is interested, let me know. mail at lesawilliams dot com.

http://princess-lesa.livejournal.com/313606.html
  4. Princess_Lesa Force Ghost

star 1
    Curtains were sold. Ugh! I'll keep any eye out for more.
    Last edited by Princess_Lesa, Aug 22, 2013
  5. Jabbaslavegirl Jedi Youngling

I know this thread is kind of old, but I would love to make this dress, and I was wondering if anyone had any idea where I could get the sequins, or if anyone who had extras would be willing to sell me some? The only etsy seller I found who had four-petal ones had the gold, not off-white, and wasn't planning on getting any in stock any time soon.

Walmart is currently selling the vintage rose curtains again with the 1 and 3 rose clusters for about $15-16 dollars: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Better-Homes-and-Gardens-Vintage-Rose-Sheer-Window-Panel/22991517 I bought one! I'm hunting for the ribbon on the headband and the sequins right now, because those seem to be the hardest parts to find after you have your rose fabric. I bought some of the gold version of the sequins, if nothing else I'll buy out the person I got them from and paint them off-white.

I plan on crocheting my own snoods! I'm happy because I have most of the suggested patterns in my pattern box already!
    I'm just happy a bunch of the links still work for this thread, as old as it is! Everyone's stuff looks so nice, from what I could see!
  6. spacelady Force Ghost

star 5
    Some years ago, I got information on the ribbons from a lady here who had worked at MJ Trims and the colors are pretty spot on. 14 Mm Midori Tape Ribbon in buttercream, eucalyptus, tomatillo, rosebud, ballerina, and caramel. Honestly, I have no idea if they still carry this type of ribbon and/or colors since she sent this to me years ago. Worth looking into though. :) I always keep these samples in my sewing kit just in case. One day... :p :)
  7. afaeryschild Force Ghost

star 1
    Jabbaslavegirl likes this.
  8. Jabbaslavegirl Jedi Youngling

Yes! I would definitely take any extra sequins. Otherwise I'm forced to paint the gold ones I found white, and I'm not sure if that will work long-term. I have paypal, I can pay you through there for shipping and all that.
  9. Jabbaslavegirl Jedi Youngling

Honest opinions, the Ribbonerie doesn't have the headband ribbon anymore in the right color, as mentioned before, but they have it in the other colors available. (look in Specialty ribbons under collections, on page 4-5) would number 6 be a good alternative?
  10. afaeryschild Force Ghost

star 1
    moving along for celebration

[IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG]
    blouse is done with the exception of the neckline casing (waiting for final fitting for that). Corset has cutouts and is sewn. Just started the embroidery.
    Miana Kenobi and mavjade like this.
  11. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8
  12. spacelady Force Ghost

star 5
    Excited to see your progress! It's looking awesome already. :)
  13. afaeryschild Force Ghost

star 1
    Thank you for the encouragement :) Very slow progress due to summer, but some embroidery.

[IMG]
    Last edited by afaeryschild, Aug 26, 2014