main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padme's role in Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Lady-Kenobi, Nov 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Majik

Jedi_Majik Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2003
    It seems like Lucas is saving Padme for some surprise revelation. Probably not as substantial as Vader being Luke's father, but something's going to happen with her in EpIII that will knock our socks off.

2. Lady-Kenobi

Lady-Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Mar 5, 2003
    YEAH SHE'S IN LOVE WITH OBI-WAN!
    Oops that's just MY fantasy.

3. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    I'm surprised it's been 13 episodes and we've still haven't heard Padme speak. There's tons of Padme fan fic out there, and audio drama wise...we're doing two more audio dramas with her in them.

But I am surprised also her story hasn't been more fleshed out in the official EU myself. I doubt the Clone Wars cartoon will do anything to expand on her character.

Keith

4. Lady-Kenobi

Mar 5, 2003
    Sad but true,Keith.

5. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    As someone who tends to take the EU with a pinch of salt, I am more than relieved that George has kept Padme hands-off for so long. [face_plain]

6. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    Well, after tonight's episode I'm convinced Elizabeth Ascot could have easily replaced the Amidala voice actress they got. :)

7. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    [image=http://forums.starwars.com/share/avatars/clonewars_2/006_amidala.gif]

What a cutie! :D

8. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    I think it was stated somewhere (maybe by 2ndQuest?) that Genny could do whatever he wanted with the cartoon, as long as he didn't address the Padme-Anakin relationship in too much detail.

I think the unspoken bond we saw between them in Ch. 1 was all we're gonna get.

9. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Yes, I think over all LFL has been quite clear on that nobody is allowed to touch Padmé until after episode III, I guess a part in a short cartoon is alright though, since that won't lead to any questions about her and Anakin.

10. Lady-Kenobi

Mar 5, 2003
    I thought it was Okay. I've yet to hear Elizabeth Ascot talk, but I'll take your word for it, Keith.

11. Lady-Kenobi

Mar 5, 2003
    PADME' KICKED DROID BUTT! IT WAS SO COOL!

12. Darth_Tynaus

Darth_Tynaus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    Well, I am looking foward to seeing what ulitmately happens to Padme.

13. sidious_onset

sidious_onset Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 27, 2003
    Cartoon Padme is more expressive than Natalie Portman. Just like Cartoon Windu is more interesting than Samuel L Jackson.

14. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    Lady Kenobi, you can hear what Elizabeth Ascot sounds like without having to download the entire Rise of Nobility audio drama. You can visit the mp3-of-the-week page on riseofnobility.com or visit the downloads page and click on the teaser or trailer. Both of those have her talking.

But one of the best pages to hear her speak is her own personal commentary on doing RoN here:

http://www.riseofnobility.com/commentary5.html

Listen to her, then tell me they chose the right voice actress for Clone Wars. ;) hehe. Oh and how could I forget, Elizabeth is also a member of the TFN forums. Her nick here is Bellyup.

Keith

15. Lady-Kenobi

Mar 5, 2003
    Okay, Keith.

16. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    She has a sexy voice [face_blush]

17. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    Just so you guys know..she's only 16. But I know she has a big fan in Doggans here on the boards hehe. Anyhow, just to get back on topic..I'm not sure I really like how Padme fit into the cartoon. She just seemed kind of there and didn't really serve any purpose other than to transport Yoda and even then they couldn't get which ship they wanted to use right. I'm not even sure I like the way she was portrayed.

18. Lady-Kenobi

Mar 5, 2003
    I have to admit, Keith, I wish they would have used her differently too.

19. Lady-Kenobi

Mar 5, 2003
    I want to UP this.

20. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    To satisfy your up, I shall comment.

I've not been a fan of the way Padme's been portrayed a lot of times. And yeah, she did seem kinda superfluous in this episode. Thing that annoyed me the most was her costume. Excepting the possibility that it was made from some space-age material, there's no way that outfit she was sporting would've sufficed in that sort of environment. Cloak or no cloak, she would've frozen.

*Holds up a sign reading, "You Might Be a Michigan Resident if you Critique Outdoor Apparel in Cartoons."*

..no, I'm not a freak.

21. Lady-Kenobi

Mar 5, 2003
    I

Know

This

Is

Old

But

I

Would

To

Up

This

!

22. Darth_Gojira

Darth_Gojira Jedi Youngling

Aug 16, 2004
    <sleazy>To run around in that tight suit of hers!</sleazy>

No, seriously, I think it was to show that the Jedi weren't the only participants in the war.
    Plus, let's face it. The entire episode was just a brief break from all the Jedi action (rise out of the gutter, my friend)and inserting the droids for a little comic relief.

23. MikeSolo

MikeSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    "My guess is Padme's destined for the same thing Leia was - she'll fade away as the trilogy goes on. Looks like the trend's starting now"

IMO Leia never faded away, she is always in the center of the action throughout the OT. After ANH the stories split though you have Luke's story and Leia&Han story.

24. Lady-Kenobi

Mar 5, 2003
    To update this thread, I'll give my opinion of her role now. Just used to make the twins!

25. PadmesMidwife

PadmesMidwife Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2005
    ^^^ Speaking of which, I have a question.

Does anyone know what is the length of time between that Naboo rendezvous and the beginning of Episode III? I saw one timeline on TUCWS but it confused me.

Just wondering how far along Padme is supposed to be when Luke and Leia are born.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.