main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padme Amidala Padme's Wedding Dress

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Jedi_Samantha, Apr 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Well.... :)

Here are our first two looks at it!

[image=http://www.collectinghq.com/im/0001442.jpg]

confirming that this is it:

[image=http://www.nenya.net/sw/wedding.jpg]

:)

Changed the title per the request of the author.

Jurist edit: Updated title to avoid future confusion ;)

2. Mrs_MayimNaar

Mrs_MayimNaar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    wow Samantha, I hadn't seen that first one before! I only wish it were clearer!

<sigh>

How romantic! look at that scene!

<more swooning>

EDIT: to make my post actually useful, here is another pic of it:
    [image=http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0375815082.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg]

3. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    :) Yay! 3 pictures!

In the first picture, it almost looks like she has some sort of vale on or something.. theres definetely something on her head....Hmmm...When we get more pictures of this in 15 days, is anyone going to make it?

Edit: to make my post important now...

I was looking at the picture of the dress.. the close-up one.. It looks like its almost made of a satin/polyester material. And there looks like there is a sheer type of fabric over it....Definetely alot of embroidery was used....

Yet another dress that i cant make :( phooey.

Then again i shouldnt be making a wedding dress for another 8-10 years :D

4. iycis

iycis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    What, Anakin couldn't bother to wear anything nicer to his wedding than his Jedi robes? Boring. At least that's what it looks like in the pic but its not that close up.

5. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    I will stick to finishing my current costumes! I will stick to finishing my current costumes! I will stick to finishing my current costumes! I will stick to finishing my current costumes! I will stick . . . . .

Arrrrrr . . . Nooooooooo . . . must . . . . not . . . get . . . tempted . . .again . . . .

:p

6. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Oh boy....I feel a new costume project coming along........ooooooooooh! It looks complicated fabric wise and she does seem to be wearing some sort of veil.
    There should be a clear pic of it in the Visual Dictionary. It is her wedding gown, afterall! :D

7. surlygirlie

surlygirlie Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 2000
    This one has actually REALLY piqued my interest --
    and that's dangerous!

I look at all that hand work and think -- there goes my summer!

We'll see -- I'm not making ANY decisions on Ep. II costume projects until after I see the Visual Dictionary and the movie.

-sg

8. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Jan 27, 2000
    I can't wait to see what s_g ends up making from AOTC! :D ;)

9. Amidala-Leia

Amidala-Leia Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2002
    *swoons* *drools* *swoons some more*. I just absolutely love this dress :D I hope that I'm able to make it some day. I can't wait for the visual dictionary.

10. DarthHutt

DarthHutt Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 2, 2000
    The title of this thread is a HUGE spoiler. Somebody on the NSA forum looked in this forum and was spoiled. A MOD needs to change the title...maybe 'A Special Dress' or something like that.

11. Jedi_Riibu

Jedi_Riibu Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Yes, I agree ... I have not enjoyed seeing the open talk of this dress.

12. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    1) It has been discused here before, EVEYONE KNOWS that eventually they get married. They have Luke and Leia! Hello?!!!?
    But if everyone is going to get in a frenzy.. Maybe Kreliea can change the title to THE dress *SPOILER* or something....

2) If someone is trying to stay spoiler free they really shouldnt be here... most of our current projects and discussions are on EPISODE 2 costumes.

Iycis- I said the SAME THING when i first saw that picture! I was like, "He can only wear his Jedi robe?!" Oh well i suppose.. hes not at home or anything and really cant change!

I think that when someone attemps this dress.. a HOW TO instruction thread should be made... i think everyones gonna wanna take a crack at this one...

13. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Jan 27, 2000
    Hey Samantha :)

Although most everyone has probably assumed they get married, spoiler free people don't know that they get hitched in AOTC. I think some of us 'spoiled' types can loose sight of what is a spoiler and what isn't. I know you meant no harm by it, but I think it would be a good idea to try having this thread title changed for now, out of courtesy for those who don't know about the wedding. :)

14. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    yes no offense samantha but I have been very good to be "spoiler free" so far. I have to admit its a huge dissapointment for me. We all know they get married at some point, myself I just wasnt sure when. (pretty dress though)
    I wasnt sure what it was and clicked on it, there were no warnings "spoilers inside" you may want to rethink your title.
    Strawbary

15. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    Well in that case.. im gonna go and get myself a mod right now... Now i need to find one.....

EDIT: I sent one of the moderators over at the Spoilers board a PM...Hopefully, he'll change it shortly. (I choose the Spoiler board mod since this could be a spoiler to some mods....)

We need a definate mod on this board.. we really do.

16. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    Thanks DS...

OK there we go now!!! NOW we can all continue our discussion :)

I tried blowing the dress up in Photoshop... but it gets very distorted and isnt worth posting.... We'll just have to wait another 2 weeks... (This time in 2 weeks... im gonna be sitting outside Toys R Us....man o man... I hope its not raining or isnt cold! Then on the 23rd...Im going to Wal-Mart after school :) )

17. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Sorry for all the edits. What happens when a title is changed is that all previous posts prior to the change will retain the original title. Seeing as the previous title contained spoilers, I went in and edited all your titles because it kept the spoiler title. As you can see, all new posts have the new title.

18. surlygirlie

surlygirlie Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 2000
    Thanks for getting the thread title fixed, Samantha!
    While I'm a total spoiler monkey and want to know everything, I think it's good to respect the non-spoiled. ;)

My one concern about this dress, at this very early juncture, is the headgear. It's too early to say for sure, but the veil area looks somewhat... clunky to me, at least in the teeny pic we have to go on. It could be utterly lovely in larger scale, so this is really just a minor thought.

-sg

19. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    Only the best treatment for my fellow posters! Anything to make people happy, i'll pretty much try to do. The non spoiled people must have alot of patience....I don't think i could wait 3 years not knowing anything....I think being spoiled helps a person better understand the story.. I think alot of non-spoiled people will be alittle confused with certain things....Anyway im going off topic now...

I agree SG... It almost looks like a vale-hat. It does look clunky....Unless pictures surface... or LFL decides to release another Makin of before April 23rd (They might since TPM had 12 Makin of's) Then we'll have to wait another 14 1/2 days..

EDIT: I really can't spell.... lol

20. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Jedi Samantha, thanks for getting the moderater on this board. I was not trying to be offensive ....I just know that with a "spoliers" warning it will prevent anyone from see it who doesnt want to.

I appreciate your quick response on this.

now that the initial shock is over ;)
    I have been able to really look at the dress. Its gorgeous and I am not a skilled seamstress to pull that one off, but it would be nice to see someone on this board make it.....
    Anyways, thanks again for the mod, I really enjoy these boards, I got alot of great tips and help from everyone on my costumes here.

Strawbary

21. KirstenSolo

KirstenSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2002
    I wish we could see more of this dress. :( Maybe we'll get a better glimpse in all the magazines that are coming out in the next month.

Speaking as a spoiler-free type, I'm glad you decided to change the title as well. When I first saw it, I was a little shocked. Yes, Anakin and Padme have Luke and Leia, but where does it say they have to get married before doing so? :p In fact, I never in my wildest dreams thought that they did get married, especially since Vader knew nothing about Leia. I know I'm going to see some spoilers in this forum, but I'd like to avoid them if at all possible. Being surprised when seeing a movie adds much more to its enjoyment to me than to know exactly what's going to happen.

22. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    Better yet the visual dictionary comes out in 14 1/2 days! The dress is bound to be in there!

In a more formal apology, im sorry to those who were spoiled by this dress. From here on foward, it will just be called "The dress" (In qoutations) in any other thread so that this way others will not be spoiled.

Less formal: I was waking up when i found the picture of Anakin and Padme at the wedding and i rushed to get it on here because i was late for class as always on a monday morning...

And remember..there still are many many other surprised with the wedding...Theres more to it but this isnt a spoiler forum so i wont say :)

23. ladystar

ladystar Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 21, 2001
    Gorgeous dress. I think I saw it on a paper doll book, so I wasn't totally surprised but then this morning at Rebelscum, they posted the photo (with a huge spoiler warning and a large red question mark over the photo) but I couldn't resist so I clicked on through and sure enough, it was "the dress". I thought I had seen it in that short Padme video at starwars.com the other day and the photo at the top confirms it. I wish I could sew well enough to make this one. Oh well...

24. Amidala-Leia

Amidala-Leia Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2002
    But the dress in the rebelscum picture looks very light while the pic from p-19 looks more yellow/gold. Any thoughts?

25. ladystar

ladystar Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 21, 2001
    I don't know..I think that they both look like the same color. Either way, the dress is going to be beautiful.
    HMM...my sister and mother-in-law make clothes a lot. I wonder if they need their house repainted, windows washed, floors scrubbed, etc?? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.