Since my last post on this thread in December 2003, I completed my recreation of the costume: [link=http://www.geocities.com/tkvanb/queenamidalacostumepagefour.html]Padme Amidala Wedding dress 2004[/link] and displayed it at GenCon2004 where it won first place in the professional division. For the better part of two years I had been searching for materials that would be the closest match and have the most compatible feeling to the materials used in the movie costume. The costume created for the movie was made from a hand-made, one-of-a-kind, antique bedspread that would be impossible to duplicate. After searching for over a year, I decided that these materials that I had used are the closest to what would be able to represent the spirit of this costume. I began construction of the headpiece in late 2003 and constructed the coat and dress in summer of 2004. Growth issues with my daughter caused me to wait to build this costume since it is a very fitted floor-length dress. I wanted it to fit her perfectly for the formal presentation. [image=http://www.geocities.com/tkvanb/Weddingdressportrait1.JPG] I used home dÃ©cor materials for the fashion fabric of the dress and coat. The dress is fully lined with a satin lining. The dress is based on Simplicity pattern #9162 view D. I opted to use the neckline and sleeves of view B. I built the dress as sleeveless, and incorporated the sheer sleeves between the fashion fabric and the sleeve facing. The coat is based on Simplicity pattern #9533 view A. I omitted the lining since I was using a sheer fabric. I omitted the shoulder roll and cuffs on the sleeves to allow my version to look more like what I am attempting to recreate. I used multiple layers of various lace pieces to create the heavily textured ornamentation on the front of the dress and around the front of the coat. I machine basted the larger lace pieces in place and then hand sewed them down. I hand-sewed hundreds (maybe thousands) of pearls into the lace of both the dress and coat to add to the opulence of the over-all look. [image=http://www.geocities.com/tkvanb/Weddingdressdetailfront1.JPG] The headpiece consists of over a dozen mostly hand-made, vintage lace pieces that I repaired and assembled to recreate the look and feeling of the headpiece worn in the movie. I tea-dyed some of the pieces so they would have the aged look, yet be a more consistent off-white color. I also hand-sewed hundreds and hundreds of pearls into these pieces. These lace pieces are sewn onto a base. [image=http://www.geocities.com/tkvanb/Weddingdressheadpieceback2.JPG] I also built Anakin's mechanical hand........and made a 12" doll version of the costume.