main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padu, KY Paducah Premier of Fanboy!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by pacervader, May 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pacervader

pacervader Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    Hey Guys,
    I am pleased to announce that we will be having the premier of Fanboy on Friday June the 12th at the Yeiser Art Center in downtown Padaucah just down from Crash Comics in the Market House Theater building. The doors will open at 6 for a meet an greet, costume contest, and trivia challenge. The movie will start at 7:30 and will be followed by a QnA with the cast n crew. Please start promoting the event to everyone you know. The seating is limited so as you find out how many will be coming with you please start posting below so we can try and keep a running count. We also need to have our costumed members suit up, there will be alot of kids there (hopefully) and it would be a cool event to troop. Also, we need donations of sw toys and collectibles for door prizes and trivia winners, so please post or pm me if you can help us out. This is gonna take place the weekend of the Supes Fest so hopefully we'll get some attendees from that, that means you jedimika, lol. This is going to be alot of fun and I hope every club member can be there and bring thier friends and family! pv

2. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Awww...thanks for thinking about me. Yes! I will be there. Mrs JediMika is working and may join me for Saturday/Sunday but that's still in the air. I'm excited you all are doing this during MSC, it gives me one more thing to look forward to. I would have thought most of you would be going to AdventureCon that weekend. Do you have a street address for the theater so I can mapquest it? This should be fun, I wasn't expecting to have to pack a Star Wars costume for this weekend...or maybe I should pack a Browncoat costume lol.

3. pacervader

Jun 27, 2005
    Hey guys,
    Were 2 days out so I'm bumping this up. Please post below what food you can bring whether it be home made, chips, cookies, 2liters, etc...its gonna be fun, see you there! Pv

4. LordINVAR

LordINVAR Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2002
    Here's to whet the appetite and get us excited about the showings.

Fanboy Theatrical Release Poster:

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v339/INVAR/Fanboy-Theatrical-Poster.jpg]

5. TheSimi

TheSimi Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 2008
    WOW!!! That poster is super SWEET! It got quite a reaction at Sam's last night when it was being printed. I'll be bringing teriyaki meatballs and carmel peanut bars for sure. Possibly rice crispy treats or something else as well.

6. Nardo

Nardo Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2006
    Not to take away from anything that Michael has provided and done for us (he has come thru for us multiple occasions when he didn't have to, i.e. OMG)for that I am extremely thankful. But I thought Wil had already done the theatrical release poster? I thought this was the dvd art? Everyone put in a lot of time and effort. I don't think that we ought to use this as the theatrical poster when we already have something we all approved and had printed up. Twice. Again, this is my opinion, however, I know that TKYTrooper agrees with me. Michael and Wil both put in work on their projects. Both should be respected. Or has this already been decided?

7. LordINVAR

Mar 13, 2002
    Wil's art is so good and iconic, I am including it on the art for the DVD to mimic what Lucasfilm did with the DVD OT release with the unaltered original movies on disc 2, and on the insert. So both his art and mine will be on the DVD.

No offense was meant to Wil, or to take away from the excellent poster art he did. Was not my intent at all.

When the Hildebrandt brothers did the poster art for Star Wars in 1977, I don't think John Alvin thought they were dumping on his original work. They compliment each other.

There were several posters and artwork created for Star Wars in 1977 - and I guess I was capitalizing on the notion. It was not hard to go from the aspect ratio of the DVD cover and enlarge it for a poster. It was not my intention to offend anyone by doing this, or to diminish the excellent work Wil did. I was just using Hollywood terms to describe multiple posters done for a single release.

When putting the DVD cover art together, I noted that the cover could make a poster. When I sent the design to PV to review I noted that it could be made into a poster also. So you can lay blame for the idea on me. I honestly did not consider how Wil or anyone would feel. I simply get zealous in serving and doing what I can for the club and sometimes I forget that some folks take my eagerness the wrong way.

In attempting to put a happy thought on this, I think not only is Fanboy probably the longest running feature-length fanfilm yet made, how many fanfilms have more than one original piece of artwork made for it?

The difference in the art Wil and I did is very important to note. Because Wil's is by hand, true artwork by any standard - what I did was in Photoshop, so there more commendation for what Wil did, and I think it is very easy to tell his artwork is by hand and that mine is a digital manipulation of screen grabs from the film.

I hope they both are helpful in promoting YEARS of hard work done by everyone in the club in putting this film together. I apologize for using the term "Release poster" - I was being a bit too Hollywood I guess and did not realize the notion was offensive.

8. Nardo

Nardo Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2006
    Like I said, Lord Invar, your contributions have always been welcome and appreciated. Dude, you KILLED as the emperor! And you are right, man we have had a ****-ton of paraphenalia and artwork on this fanfilm. How many others have custom buttons and t-shirts? We even will have other shirts on cafepress. It really has been a collaborative effort. EVERYONE has put in on it and it is close to everyone's heart. We really have made it more of a star wars homage by merch-ing it to death. Now we just need Fanboy: The Flamethrower. The kids love 'em.

9. LordINVAR

Mar 13, 2002
    BWAHAHAHAAAAHAHAHAAA!

Don't tempt the Customizers!

In my mind's eye I can actually see PV in the boardroom at Hasbro pitching them to do a Fanboy line of figures ala the purple-carded Shadows of the Empire line!

After all, there's nothing like being immortalized in plastic and having thousands play with you now is there?

Of course we expect with this line to have an Escape copter vehicle and perhaps a Convention Playset complete with inflatable Death Star Ball that rolls down the plastic steps.

10. LordINVAR

Mar 13, 2002
    The wife has informed me she is making some kind of jalepeno pizza puffs and some kind of wraps that we will bring.

See everyone tonight.

11. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Good Luck everyone.

12. pacervader

Jun 27, 2005
    Thanks to everyone who came out to the movie last night, we packed it out and there was standing room only. Thank you to everyone that trooped and brought food, we couldn't have done it without you. We will hopefully not have that technical glitch at the Maiden screening that we had last night, lol. Spread the word about the Maiden showing and well see everyone there in 2 weeks, thanks guys! pv

13. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    You all throw a great party! It would have been worth the trip even if I wouldn't have been in town for Superman Celebration. See you all again the 27th!

14. pacervader

Jun 27, 2005
    Hey Guys,
    I posted some pics from the event on the clubs flikr account, just click the link below and enjoy! pv

http://www.flickr.com/photos/32033367@N02/sets/72157619734570669/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.