main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padu, KY Paducah Symphony Event Feb. 16th

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by pacervader, Oct 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pacervader

pacervader Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    Hey Guys,
    I met with the Symphony director again today to discuss her meeting with the conductor and she has given us a green light on us doing the pre-show, during-show, and after-show. We are doing it all. What we need is ideas, So start posting anything you can think of even if you think its stupid, we need to come up with a plan to present to them. Its gonna be a great event so put on your thinking caps! pv

2. TK8049

TK8049 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2006
    Why do we need to do a pre,during and after? Why don't we just do a during? Imperial March entrance type thingy?

3. ED-VADER

ED-VADER Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2006
    If we did not do the "meet-n-greet" in the lobby before the show - it would be a total and awesome surprise for the audience if we all marched out on stage for the Imperial March!!! But, what about the Club Table set up in the lobby and pics with the fans before the show? We could miss some major advertising for the club. After the show, everyone bolts anyway.

4. pacervader

Jun 27, 2005
    We don't have to do all 3 things I was just saying we could do whatever we wanted. I agree with Ed, it would be cool for the audience to not see us or anything before we walked out but that does cost us advertising before, it's a catch 22, keep those ideas coming! pv

5. TKYTROOPER

TKYTROOPER Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 18, 2005
    I like the meet and greet after the show (for costume members anyway). I like the big reveal on stage.

6. TK8049

TK8049 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2006
    Why can't we have non-costume members at the table pre-show.(preferably someone in an authority position).Costumes do the stage thing and then the meet and greet afterward. Although I'm not quite sure if the people attending this event will be potential members so do we really need the table?What if we just stuck a business card in the programs?

7. BubaFatt

BubaFatt Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 24, 2006
    I'm assuming someone in authority would be me, which I think is a great idea, and would love to do, with possibly a couple of other worthy candidates to sit along side. I think the important part is figuring out exactly what to do for the stage show, but I'm sure we can come up with some great ideas. Hopefully the meeting with the director isn't before our next meeting on the 15th, so we will be able to discuss ideas as a group, and come up with the best possible show.

8. pacervader

Jun 27, 2005
    The meeting won't be for a couple weeks so we can discuss it at the meeting. pv

9. pacervader

Jun 27, 2005
    Well we have a meeting tomorrow with the director so we wanted to present at least 4 ideas for them to choose from for us to do. My first idea is just an ending and thats to have lil chris dressed as luke and jen as leia and to strike the A poster pose on top of something high behind the orchestra at the end of the last sw song. My other idea is during the imp march to have two troopers come down from the back and then 2 from the side fall into formation and march to the front and spread out and then vader and the emp stroll down from the back. I'll post more as I think of them. Chris

10. ED-VADER

ED-VADER Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2006
    Sounds Great PV!!!!

We are to discuss more details with the PSO tomorrow night - but - we need club ideas.
    If you were sitting in the audiance - what character representation would you like to see on stage - for example:

1.) STAR WARS "Opening Logo & Crawl"?

2.) Princess Leia's love theme?

3.) Episode IV - Victory March?

ect...

11. TKYTROOPER

TKYTROOPER Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 18, 2005
    Walking up stairs onto the stage in armor is a bad idea. I say we need to either stay on stage on never go on stage.

12. pacervader

Jun 27, 2005
    I think we'll either select to do our show in aisles or on stage, that way we don't need to worry about stairs. Also, the director was wondering about any crossover costumes we might have so I was thinking bj coming our as Indy and getting chased by a giant rock during the indy theme might be cool. Thoughts? pv

13. SithMonger

SithMonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 1, 2005
    If I know anything about symphonies, is they will want to pick three very distinctive themes, which don't overlap.

I think my choices would be in choice and order of appearance in the program.

1) Imperial March (for our initial appearance - just how Bower said it sounds good)

2) Leia's Theme (Leia alone walking across the stage, then finally unveils herself, when the music gets louder, troopers bring Leia to Vader, who points at her then to "take her away". Could cut in with Luke coming in on the other stage, with binoculars and doing the famous two-sun pose)

and/or Yoda's Theme (i think this one is great for a symphony, but we really couldn't do anything with it stage-wise, so take it or leave it, unless we put up a slideshow of all the movie shots, which, of course, I could do.)

and/or Across the Stars (this is also a great symphonic melody, but then we need an Anakin and Padme)

3) The Throme Room from New Hope combined with The End Credits from Empire (we walk back on when the imperial march starts from stage back, look intimidating then leave through the crowd, and then luke and leia at the end) - of course, this should be the last song of the night but their theme may affect that.

I actually think Battle of the Heroes would be great to hear live if there was a chorus and is from the most recent movie - and can almost sound like something from Harry Potter enough that it fits the new theme of the show.

If the wanted to do something to pick up the pace, they could play Hyperspace between 2 and 3.

And I think the best thing they should do is the Cantina Band song thrown in somewhere, maybe even to set up the transistion to Star Wars and the Imperial March. If we had a bunch of alien costumes, this would work great, but it's not very long and everyone is pretty familiar with it.

14. thesilverspyder

thesilverspyder Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2007
    So, if I can get together a Jedi costume before Feb 16, can I come? Or is this mainly an evil, dark-sided, imperial group?

15. pacervader

Jun 27, 2005
    of course you can come, its a star wars event, besides sith and imperials need someone to fight! pv

16. pacervader

Jun 27, 2005
    Well the meeting went great! I think this is going to be one of the coolest events we've ever been apart of. I'm sure details will be talked about at the meeting so your not going to want to miss it. Thanks to everyone for posting your ideas and all I have to say is if you want to be involved then get to work on those costumes! pv

17. DarkLordOsirisPrime1

DarkLordOsirisPrime1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2006
    Just thought I would bump this up a bit on our boards. Cannot wait.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.