Pahk your cah in the yahd: The Bawston Red Sox Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by Saper, Nov 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saruman-the-White Jedi Master

star 4
    Good thing you have the Red Sox to back up your geriatric Giants, Ron. :)
  2. Master-Fett Force Ghost

star 6
    Sometimes I don't get it... they have me worried that their offense is lacking this year one day, and then the next day, BAM, ten runs...
  3. Jedi_Hood Force Ghost

star 6
    Once our offense starts clicking....watch out. :D
  4. Jeedai_Veila Jedi Knight

star 2
    Who here is excited about the series against the Yankees this weekend? Our top three pitchers are playing, so that should give us a pretty good advantage. I can't wait to see how Matsuzaka fares against their lineup. Go Sox!
  5. Jedi_Master_Ron Jedi Master

star 4
    And the Red Sox come from behind in the eighth to defeat the Yankees after down four (or so, I think it was four anyways) runs. What a great game, another win for the leaders of the AL East. If we can sweep the Yankees the Red Sox will have arisen a great start for this season.
  6. KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus

star 8
    Shades of July 2004? I made one of the more prophetic posts ever made around these parts after that game.
  7. Jedi_Master_Ron Jedi Master

star 4
    Ortiz hits his sixth HR of the year to put the Red Sox up 7-4. Is it bad of me to think sweep even before the second game of the series has ended?
  8. ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Grand Master

star 8
  9. DT421 Force Ghost

star 5
    Great game today. Hopefully, Dice-K can finish out the sweep tomorrow.

Hopefully, the Sox will do this in September, also. ;)
  10. Master-Fett Force Ghost

star 6

I thought it after the first. I know its bad to get so ahead of yourself... but a gut wrenching loss Friday night, followed by two good game victories the next two would be just the ultimate payback of the 5 game sweep for me.
  11. Jeedai_Veila Jedi Knight

star 2
    I agree. The funny thing is the Yankee fans are all complaining that their team is injured and it isn't fair etc, when we were in the same situation (except even worse) and they bragged about how much better they were. Karma anyone? :p

Also, good luck to Daisuke tonight! Hopefully he'll get some run support...;)
  12. Master-Fett Force Ghost

star 6
    Much needed. He gave up two runs in the first. [face_plain]
  13. Baron-Soontir-Fel Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Did MLB reschedule the Home Run Derby for tonight?
  14. Master-Fett Force Ghost

star 6
    [face_laugh]:_|[face_laugh]:_|[face_laugh]

FOUR HOME RUNS IN A ROW TO SQUASH THE YANKEES LEAD, AND PUT US AHEAD!!!!

[face_laugh]:_|[face_laugh]=D==D=
  15. DT421 Force Ghost

star 5
    [face_dancing]
  16. KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus

star 8
    There's nothing in sports quite like the Red Sox vs. Yankees.
  17. Master-Fett Force Ghost

star 6
    Quoted.

For.

Truth.
  18. Jeedai_Veila Jedi Knight

star 2
    Man, what a great game! Four home runs in a row! Paps was great at the end, though I admit I was scared when Arod came up to bat. They all played so hard this weekend, I hope they beat the Blue Jays tomorrow and Tuesday!
  19. Jedi_Hood Force Ghost

star 6
  20. KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus

star 8
    quick fact of the moment: J.D. Drew was involved in both the Dodgers' four home run barrage last September and this last one for the Red Sox.
  21. Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    Dang, nice.

And when the Red Sox hit those 4 consecutive homers, Ortiz was NOT involved. Mildly surprising there, at least. The depth of that lineup makes that possible.
  22. Jeedai_Veila Jedi Knight

star 2
    Wow, Wily Mo had a great game tonight against the O's. He really smacked that grand slam! Hopefully he'll start to get more hits against the Yankees this weekend...
  23. Jedi_Hood Force Ghost

star 6
    5 of 6 so far from the Yankers this year. :D
  24. Onoto Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    *Puts on accent and types really fast*

Well, its been a good yeah so fah, our pitching's been wicked pissah, and our hitting's been pretty dahn good too. Youk, Papi, Lowell, Manny, they'll all been stroking the ball and getting on, our OBP is second-best in the majahs. We got a good pen so fah, with Paps and Okajima pitching so well, and Beckett, Schilling, and even Dice-K have been pitching great, and we got the the thoyd-best ERA in the majahs. We got strengths everywhere, and we been thumping the Yanks. Yep, been a good year so fah.

*Turns accent off*

Geez! I'm from the area, and I can talk it (I say bubbler, tonic, and wicked all the time), but it's hard to type it out.
  25. ShrunkenJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I... ah, won't put on the acccent because I don't have it, even though I'm Boston born and raised :p

Anyway...

Who saw the game yesterday where it was 13-4, in favor of the Sox? I just caught snippets of it on the radio, but sheesh... this team is *smokin*, we're, like, seven games ahead of anybody else... there was a late inning, eighth maybe (?) where the sox got five runs!! Wicked. ;)

Odds the stats will still be as good by the end of the season?... I'm going to put that at slim to none :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.