main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pahk your cah in the yahd: The Bawston Red Sox Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by Saper, Nov 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Onoto

Onoto Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 7, 2004
    Probability says that things will probably even out some, but this team does have 100-win potential. Great rotation, good bullpen, some fantastic hitters, and good team chemistry.

2. Master_Jedi80

Master_Jedi80 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 27, 2005
    DICE-K Complete Game Last Night!

The Sox are playing great baseball!!!

3. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    Thank. God.

4. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    I knew Dice K would find his groove all these He was a Rip insults were unfounded this early. He couldn't dominate right away

5. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    Okay, you know you're a long-time Sox fan, when you have an 11 game lead on the rest of the division, and you're still not comfortable. :p

But honestly, it's only May 27th, and if this keeps up, we'll win the division by 30 games.

6. Onoto

Onoto Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 7, 2004
    SHHH![face_shhh] Don't jinx it!

7. DT421

Nov 6, 2003
    Yeah, I know. :p

8. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    I'm interested in hearing some facts about things like the last time we were ahead by this much and stuff. Can't find many though.

9. DT421

Nov 6, 2003
    Probably because it hasn't happened that way for us too often. [face_plain]

:p

10. DT421

Nov 6, 2003
    Okay, we had a rough patch, but now we're back to 3 wins in a row.

11. Drac39

Jul 9, 2002
    Against the Diamondbacks who are probably the best team in the NL West

12. wannasee

wannasee Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2007
    Inty Edit: don't troll a thread, please

13. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    I don't know if this is the best place to ask this, since there hasn't been any activity in here for over a week, but I'll try anyway.

I'm a Boston Red Sox fan from New York. I've liked them since I was five, and I've always had to deal with Yankees fans who feel it's their duty to point out how much my team sucks and their team rules.

I'm also a fan of those "Demotivators" posters that make fun of the motivational posters you see in many offices.

A while ago I saw a poster in this style with the title "YANKEES FANS" and a picture of a group of Yankees fans laughing, shouting, smoking stogies and just generally looking obnoxious. I don't recall what the caption said under the title, but I found the poster funny and would love to own it. I would put it right beneath the original artwork my dad did after they won the World Series.

Anyway, I have not been able to locate said poster and I was wondering if other Red Sox fans might have also seen it. I want to know that I didn't hallucinate such an item.

Jae O:)

14. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    What I want to know is why the Red Sox are apparently top contenders for Mark Buerhle. Isn't the LAST thing they need a big name pitcher? :p

15. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Baron-Soontir-Fel Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2005
    I may be mistaken, but the Red Sox don't have any lefties in their rotation: brining Buerhle in is a good move.

16. DT421

Nov 6, 2003
    =D= Nothing like going into the break getting swept. [face_plain]

17. Drac39

Jul 9, 2002
    Yeah let's hope they don't go threw a trade mark post All-Star break fall[face_plain]

18. DT421

Nov 6, 2003
    All I know is that we have a pretty comfortable lead in the division, without the usual run output from Manny and Papi. If they start heating up early here, this division race will definitely be over with rather soon.

19. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Baron-Soontir-Fel Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2005
    Yeah, I'm pretty that while sure Lowell will fall down to earth a little bit and Pedroia will hit some rookie snags, Manny should be able to pick up the slack. Drew and Lugo are due to hit better, too.

20. Onoto

Onoto Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 7, 2004
    Good game for ol' Dougie today. The knuckleball catcher extraordanaire went 3 for 3 with a homer and 2 RBI. His battery mate did all right, too. Wake went 7 innings, only gave up 3 runs, and picked up his 13th win, tied for second most in the majors. One funny thing I noticed about Wake's record. He's 13 - 9 and he's started 22 games, meaning he's gotten a decision in every game he's started. He's having a fine season.

Other notes: Gagne did all right. Not fabulous, but he did K two. Schilling's coming back soon, which can only be a good thing for our 8-game lead.

21. tulakhordpwns

tulakhordpwns Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 19, 2007
    Is anyone else wondering why the sox picked up Gagne? We already had the best bullpen in baseball, we give up some good prospects, and now Gagne has cost us 3 games already.:mad:

22. Onoto

Onoto Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 7, 2004
    Epstein made the move because he felt we needed a little more help to win the world series this year. I don't blame him for being aggressive.

(Though, yeah, Gagne sucks. So much for making him the closer and moving Papelbon into the rotation next season.)

23. DT421

Nov 6, 2003
    Exploded for 21 runs in the twin-bill tonight against the ChiSox. I hope we keep that run production going.

24. Onoto

Onoto Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 7, 2004
    6.5 up. 33 games to go. They can do this. *knocks on wood*

25. DT421

Nov 6, 2003
    35 runs in three games. No too bad. :p

Quietly, Wakefield ties Beckett with 16 wins.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.