main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pahk your cah in the yahd: The Bawston Red Sox Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by Saper, Nov 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShrunkenJedi

ShrunkenJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 26, 2003
    Yeah, I was sure we were goners after game 4, at least :p

Cold weather? Meh. Bostonians are no strangers to a little cold weather, am I right? ...of course, I'm not talking about what happened today. Nearly midsummer in the middle of October is not what I would call your ordinary weather. :p

2. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    More importantly, the incredibly talented team they have to play should have Sox fans worried.

3. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Incredibly talented? Yes
    Beatable? For sure

The Rockies are an overrated team on a winning streak, nothing more than that. They were far from being the best team in the NL this year

4. DarthStewy

DarthStewy Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 9, 2006
    I agree that it is going to be one hell of a series, but i disagree with your assesment of the Rockies. I think both teams are very good. I am, of course, routing all the way for the red sox but the rockies are very good.

5. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    I'm going to enjoy watching Papi get a hold of one at Coors Field. The Denver airport may want to change flight patterns around the stadium. ;)

6. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    What a game tonight. The RBIs weren't there, but the defense was. I love Jacoby Ellsbury to death. I love Tek (who is the namesake of my guard rhino) even more. The value of a phenomenal catcher is underestimated. And, of course, my friend and I have decided that it might be a good idea to start a religion around Jonathan Papelbon. I was yelling into my phone in the Boston accent that only shows itself when I get excited or freaked out as the final strike went past the plate tonight. OhmyJosh, I love this team.

7. ShrunkenJedi

ShrunkenJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 26, 2003
    Yeah, Ish, these guys are *rocking*. Sure there were only two runs, but that was all they needed to win :D Jacoby Ellsbury is incredible, yeah, sooo good they brought him up from Pawtucket!

8. tulakhordpwns

tulakhordpwns Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 19, 2007
    How about Okajima pitching 2 1/3 perfect innings with 4 strikeouts:)

Its not over, but the Sox are in a really good position now.

9. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    It's not over by a long shot, but I believe in my boys. I have my guard rhino named Varitek ready. I've got my red socks to wear. I've got plenty of candy to keep me from gnawing off my fingers.

10. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Oh it's never over until it's over. But it's looking pretty bad for the Rockies now.

11. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Well, I don't think that it's any coincidence that it's been 3 years and 1 day since they won the World Series in another sweep. :)

12. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
    Another great game from the Sox. I didn't think they would sweep at the beginning of the series, but now I think that they will.

13. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I think they might, but as I told my friend Julie, I don't mind if the Rockies put up a real fight and win tonight. It'll just make us winning later even more inspiring.

14. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    I agree with that completely.

15. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    It would be nice to see the Sox win at Fenway, but a sweep is always nice.

16. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Yeah, someday they should actually kick butt at HOME.

17. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Oh, I think they did that with Cleveland. ;)

18. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    HOLY FREAKING COW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT! I WAS CRYING AND YELLING AND SCREAMING AND RUNNING AROUND AND DANCING ON THE SIDEWALK!

19. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    13-1 Game One in Boston. :)

20. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    W00T. And tomorrow, they will be celebrating as they should on both sides of that dihty watah.

21. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    The Rockies played well, I will say that. Well... except in game one. But they played well in the other games. But in the end, I think Boston showed who the incredibly talented team was. I am not sure when I last saw rookies playing as well in the post season as Pedroia or Jacoby.

22. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Congrats, Bosox fans. It's a very well deserved win, Boston's management have done a great job putting this team together, took a chance on signing Beckett, and it paid off.

23. Master_Kast7

Master_Kast7 Jedi Knight star 6

May 12, 2004
    Well said. ^^^
    \

I say a Matsuzaka Red Sox jersey here in Japan. It was all in Japanese. Pretty cool. But being a Yankees fan I couldn't buy it. But hey I still pulled for the Sox once when the Yanks got knocked out that should be enough, yeah?

24. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Congrats Boston. I may have cheered against you in all three series you played in, but you deserve this title. Boston beat out the presumed AL MVP to win their division (A-Rod), beat out the presumed AL Cy Young winner to win their league (C. C. Sabathia), and beat the presumed NL MVP and NL ROY to win the World Series (Tulowitzki and Holliday). Well done.

Now, let's hope you guys follow the Yankees model, and forget what got you to the titles, chase too many high priced, bad fit free agents, and don't win another title any time soon. ;)

25. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Kast, that certainly counts. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.