main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pahk your cah in the yahd: The Bawston Red Sox Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by Saper, Nov 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I know, so not right. :( My friend blew him a kiss from me at the game.

2. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    [image=http://multimedia.heraldinteractive.com/images/d7922e2acf_ring04102008.jpg]

:D

3. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    So, who else has been riding the high of them kicking Yankee butt 2 out of 3 last weekend?

4. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    That series continues again tonight, a whopping two days off from playing each other. Odd scheduling, but it happens. Buchholz-Wang tonight?

5. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    I'm glad they won the series, but it really didn't make that much difference to me that it was against the Yankees. The Sox have been struggling a little here in the early going, so it was nice to put together back-to-back series wins after that train wreck of a series in Toronto.

I'm completely burnt out on the whole Red Sox/Yankmees thing. They were 3 games played in early April and every TV, Radio & Newspaper hack was making it out to be 'THE BIGGEST SERIES OF THE YEAR!!!!' :rolleyes:

Come August & September if they're battling it out for a playoff spot, then I say bring it on. Until then though, I refuse to get all worked up over the 'rivalry'.

6. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I think it's pretty dang presumptuous of the Yankees to say "Hi, Pope, welcome to our park, stay off our grass because we're having the World Series here later..."

7. Onoto

Onoto Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 7, 2004
    Benedict's the beloved head of one-sixth of the world's population. If he wants his mobile, he can have his mobile. It's darned funny that Boss Jr. thinks he can say, "No."

8. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    I was at Manny's 500'th in Baltimore :D. I was in center field bleachers, it flew DIRECTLY over me. The thing landed about 6 rows back. If only I had mad jumps.... And that punk gave it to Manny for FREE! What a dope. Thinking about selling our extra ticket to it, figure it will get a buck or two.

9. Onoto

Onoto Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 7, 2004
    That's awesome! Manny's a future Hall of Famer, and to be not only present, but so close to one of his major milestones is amazing.

10. Jedi_Hood

Jedi_Hood Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 10, 2000
    .....and now Manny is gone, after pulling one of the most selfish stunts a ballplayer can pull. Good riddance. [face_plain]

11. Onoto

Onoto Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 7, 2004
    I can never get mad at Manny. He did too much for the Sox, even if he is certifiably loco.

12. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Agreed. Now if he comes back to Fenway next year wearing a ****ing Yankees uniform, then all bets are off. ;)

13. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    Now that the real season is getting started, I'm hoping for a Boston Red Sox vs Los Angeles Red Sox World Series.

14. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    I'm just hoping they get there. They'll have to go through the Angels and Rays to do it. Add in that Beckett, Lowell and Drew are all questionable? It will definitely be a tough road.

15. DT421

Nov 6, 2003
    I wouldn't put the Rays in the ALCS as easily as that. The playoffs are a different beast.

16. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    I'm not putting them there, I'm just saying they are going to be a tough team to beat, especially with the injuries the Sox have.

17. DT421

Nov 6, 2003
    I think that both divisional series will be great, regardless of the Rays playing either the White Sox, or Twins.

18. Onoto

Onoto Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 7, 2004
    The playoffs are a crapshoot. You never know when somebody's going to go on a tear, like Papi did in '04 or Beckett did last year. That being said, I think the Red Sox have as good a chance as anybody, and better than most.

19. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    I agree with Onoto. :)

20. DT421

Nov 6, 2003
    So, are we waiting for the Twins/WSox to finish things up? I ask because I'm ready for the MLB/Red Sox icons now and they aren't out there yet. :D

21. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Oh man. I want icons!!!

22. DT421

Nov 6, 2003
    [image=http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/2203/jerkhv6.jpg]

The new icons are here!!! The new icons are here!!!

23. Onoto

Onoto Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 7, 2004
    I love this icon. First time I've used anything other than my usual Obi-Wan in a long time.

24. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    Same here. :)

I'm hoping to stay up for the entire game. Since I'm on the East Coast, it'll probably go into 1:00 in the morning.

25. Onoto

Onoto Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 7, 2004
    Yeah. Drives me nuts, since I have to wake up early tomorrow.

Still, good hit by Ellsbury, and the other guys stroked the ball pretty well. Since Lackey is a strikeout guy and got lit up late in the season, good contact and no swing-and-misses bodes well. I shut it off after Youk's groundout, but I hope Lester does all right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.