PAINTBALL 2007 - The only thread we need

Discussion in 'Chicago, IL' started by Hazmatt, Jul 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediAutobot Force Ghost

star 4
  2. ObiWanBottari Jedi Knight

star 1
    Okay, all those who were going to ride with me, or along side me, have dropped out so it will be me and Tom, who no longer needs a ride as a result. I will be bringing extra stuff, with an emphasis on safety stuff, like chest protectors, kneepads, a collection of face masks, helmets, etc. including a few sizes of camo outfits for those who don't want to get their Armani suits dirty.
    No one mentioned children, so the extra small stuff stays home. You may also have to rent markers, as my collection has suffered from attrition (in other battles)and got pared down some.
    I will have a few "special" costume items for those who want to be more photogenic, and some yellow and orange shirts and pants for those who want to volunteer on the camera (in order to provide the impaired a clear target to empty their hoppers on).
    May Darfors be with you,
    Liobi

"If at first you don't succeed, keep on suckin' 'til you do succeed." -"Curley" Fine
  3. JediAutobot Force Ghost

star 4
    See you guys tomorrow!

Don't forget to pay ME at the field, let them know you are part of Chicago Force and they will collect from me later.
  4. DrJawa Jedi Knight

star 3
    Thanks for the ride offer Mark but the meet-up point is out of the way so we'll just be heading straight there.

I can't wait!
  5. Bosh_Talk Jedi Master

star 4
    Lost Haz, lost Goat, lost Brick, lost Tiree lost Dutch.

D'
    "They came at us from behind...."
  6. JodoKast74 Jedi Master

star 4
  7. DrJawa Jedi Knight

star 3
    PAINTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  8. darthgoat Jedi Master

star 4
  9. ObiWanBottari Jedi Knight

star 1
    It went pretty well, with some new (and good looking faces), plenty of friendly fire casualties, the usual disintegration of the rental guns, and lots of fun. There were some colorful bruises, particularly on multiple hits in the same hand by a player who had been offered protective gloves but preferred to revel in wounded warrior status or something. Pictures were duly taken and may get posted yet.
    By the way, I have had very good luck finding protective gear in the resale stores, and everything else on eBay and Craig's list. With markers, check the description, pictures, and particularly the rating on the pbreview site, which is a paintballers' forum on markers. You can get some terrific bargains. I suggest sticking with the Tippmann markers, the pro carbines in particular which are becoming much coveted since they are no longer made. They're still around for bargain prices ($60 and less), often with masks and gloves and whatever thrown in by people who have to get out of the game.
    Try misspelled keywords on eBay to circumvent the bidding crowd, like "painball," "Tippman," or just plain "paintball gun."
    The old VM 68 markers, heavy and indestructible, are also a good ones, but they have become collectors' items and are hard to find. Another cheap reliable marker is the VL Viewloader, very economical and low cost, which will take any Spyder barrel. The non-electronic Spyders go pretty cheap, too, whose action is basically a scaled down version of the VM 68. They aren't as rugged as the others I mentioned, but have a very high availability of parts and accessories. The electronic Spyders are heir to a lot of ills and not a good beginner's gun.
    If you get any of the above, I will be happy to advise.
    Now that I have way too much stuff, I am considering selling some of it off a cost or below cost in order to finance the pleasure of finding more bargains. I am also happy to pass on information of what is currently available to anyone who is looking to get a bit further into the sport.
    For "S"
    Liobiwan
  10. DrJawa Jedi Knight

star 3
    I should have the pictures posted by Thursday.
  11. Rogue4809 Jedi Knight

star 1
    We came

We saw

We shot paint at it!!!!

And we collected some lovely new bruses.

12. JediAutobot Force Ghost

star 4
    It was a fantastic time. Fun scenarios, with the teams winning pretty evenly. Trenches were dry!
  13. DrJawa Jedi Knight

star 3
    Paintball pictures should be able to be viewed here:

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=bt0gph1.1uqnddpd&x=0&y=nhpdb

I know I always say this but I can't wait until we play again. As always it was a great time with some really exciting games.

I was amazed though at just how many people got shot repeatedly in the hands and at some obscenely close ranges.

The smaller turn-out was nice in a way but I look forward to the big groups we normally have. I know the two first timers I brought had an awesome time and will definitely be coming again.
  14. darthgoat Jedi Master

star 4
    That's a pretty nice turnout!

I'll be back next time for sure. D-Con really took its toll this year both physically and financially.
  15. JodoKast74 Jedi Master

star 4
    We could've done a Sparta scenario....

That was a great time. Lots of first-timers that are definitely in for next time. Maybe next year the Dan Ryan will actually be done and we wouldn't waste half our travel time sitting there.
  16. Hazmatt Jedi Master

star 4
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

(breathe)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

On topic, I feel bad missing this, I really do. Too bad I was tied up that weekend.
  17. Dex_Luminara Jedi Knight

star 3
    "Tied up", huh?! Man, I can't wait to come visit. Only you could make Utah sound as fun as Vegas. Lol
  18. Hazmatt Jedi Master

star 4
    I've lived in Vegas and I've lived in Utah. "Fun" has far more to do with who you are with that where you are. And Vegas is just unpleasant to live in overall.

But, with my new job and everything, I am sorely tempted to pull a 'Bosh Talk' and come back for paintball next time.

Hazmatt
    "I'm tempted to pull Bosh Talk until he's sore."
  19. JodoKast74 Jedi Master

star 4
    Actually, Carrie and I were waiting for you to show with a hunch that you might've flew in for this.
  20. DrJawa Jedi Knight

star 3
    Next game, you will be expected Haz.
  21. ObiWanBottari Jedi Knight

star 1
    Really, it was fun and all, but was a large void left without the creative presence manifested by Hazmatt. His good humor and generosity, his techie tricks, the video of the event to savor, and that occasional target of stray paintballs (with heartfelt apologies for those intimate injuries) were things those of us who were "regulars" would have rather had with us again that time. And any time.
    I hope, Hazzy, that things work out well with all the new responsibilities you've taken on,that the road rises to meet you, that your load becomes lighter, that the sun always shines on your front and the wind always comes from your backside.
    And that you come back and paintball with us! We missed you!
    May the Forms be with you
    Liobiwan
  22. JodoKast74 Jedi Master

star 4
    Man, I want to leave town just to get a blessing like that from you. 'Course, most of you would just change the name to Chicago Farce just so I can't find you all again.
  23. MattDruid Jedi Padawan

Fun time! That was my first playing Paintball, thanks for the memories and the bruises! This is also my first post to the forum, thanks for providing the info about it.
  24. MattDruid Jedi Padawan

Hey, I'm going to play paintball again with a group (co-workers) this Saturday, the 17th at: http://www.thebadlandz.com

We are doing "The Standard Package":

http://www.thebadlandz.com/pri_games.htm

We have "about" 15 people going, but we would like a few more. If anybody here's interested in going, let me know!!!

Thanks,
    Druid
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.