main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX Paintball Game

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by old-master, Jan 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. old-master

old-master Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2001
    Hello everyone....
    Old-master here will that a possible plan for early spring. I wanted everyone to start thinking about this.....Friends at my work, including the Doctor, want to plan a massive Paintball game in spring. I have e-mailed a friends of mine, and wanted to include the fanforce. I think this would be a golden chance to paint everyone until they scream. And have more stories...and hopefully none that are quiet like the "great cuss out of 99." Now, does anyone know a outdoor paintball center? I normally play indoors. Let me know, I plan on being at the meeting in Feb, and at the party.
    old-master has spoken......

2. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    I'd really like to get in on a game...never been able to.

Have some friends who know of some local paintball fields. I'll ask 'em for info, and invite 'em if you don't mind some of my karate friends joining up with us :)

3. old-master

Jun 12, 2001
    What I was thinking is that a massive group of people would get together and attempt to kill one another, in a woodland setting. It will be beautiful! I was thinking in mid-march? Feb. is packed with a book con to hore myself and my book. I would be a good time to get some new members. Some of my friends from work, from Okla, and others hopefully will be there.
    By the way, I was into the "arts"-classic Karate, Gung-Fu, Jeet-Kune-Do, Aikido. (Which I wil be taking again.) And thanks for posting!
    old-master has spoken.......

4. THX_Jedi

THX_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    Count me in too. Just keep us informed.

:cool:

5. jedi_xtacy

jedi_xtacy Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2002
    O.k. let me get this straight. I get to carry a weapon, roam around the woods, shoot at people, and possiby get soaked in paint and begin to roll around in the leaves. Ah yes the feel of fresh grass on my skin with the paint...and the leaves...oh I'm sorry, in 7 months insanity has set in. um, I would love to. I use to play laser tag back in the day. So what kinda outfits can we wear?? I was think military gear. A nice camoflague sleevless shirt with a matching skirt and tough combat boots!! (I'm Kidding!!.)

Orli, Orli you are so fair. Orli, Orli you play an elf with long blonde hair...

6. old-master

Jun 12, 2001
    More the merrier!
    I was thinking that you could wear military-type gear, if you got it!
    Matching outfit is not required, but always welcomed. If you have to die, at least die well-dressed!
    I will be posting plans on this thread for the event. So far, I have about seven people from my work, and three friends.

I would like any sugguestions on where might be a good place?
    Fort Worth has a massive indoor area in downtown. I have played there. However, I do not know if the building is still be used. I was hoping for outside. I will at the Meeting and party, to discuss any ideas!
    Remember Paint'em til they scream!

old-master has spoken........

7. THX_Jedi

Nov 18, 2000
    <--- calls the asylum and tells them their #1 subject has escaped :D

8. jedi_xtacy

Jan 25, 2002
    Who told on me? I escaped, well actually they let me go free. Truthfully, I just didn't have the internet for a while and I now reside in north Dino...er North Dallas. Changed jobs, bought a stang and you know the usual. I will be there for sure for the meeing, I requested that day off. And yes, I I do get "killed" I want to look fabulous and have on clean underwear.

One man to rule them all...
    I'm OBSESSED, and I LOOOOOVE IT!!!
    http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/orlandobloomfanhangout?s

9. old-master

Jun 12, 2001
    Well, the update goes like this....
    a search on paintball.com pulled up two fields:
    -dfw adventure-972-355-1544
    -Paintball of Denton-972-221-9036

I will be calling them and be posting on this thread as information becomes to me.
    I do have a friend who owns a paintball store in Blackwell Okla. (don't ask!). There is a chance that he could get some gear. Doubtful, but the Force is strong with me.
    Oh, clean underwear is REQUIRED!
    Or no underwear, if you like going commando!
    Paint'em til they scream!
    Old-master has spoken.......

10. Kurgan1

Kurgan1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 19, 2000
    He he he he he....(remembers the last time he went paintballing...was more than a bit inebriated). And yes, I am speaking of myself in the third person.

Sounds like fun. :)

11. jedi_xtacy

Jan 25, 2002
    Beware of anyone that speaks of themselves in third person. Jedi Mistress use to do that...

I don't care where we do the ballin' as long as we have enough room to tear things up and get loose.

I use to love a Obi-wan, alas I still do, but in my heart a Fellow of the ring has broken through. Legolas, I worship you!!

12. THX_Jedi

Nov 18, 2000
    How long have you been abstaining jedi_xtacy? :D :D :D

13. Kurgan1

Nov 19, 2000
    Kurgan thinks that you should perhaps rethink how you worded that, Jedi Miss..;)

14. old-master

Jun 12, 2001
    I have chatted with a friend of mine, who owns a paintball store in Blackwell,OK.
    He said that he will call a few people during in the 'plex, to fish out a deal. He will be bring a few supplies. I am hoping that he brings his full-auto-paint-machine-gun. ("Say hello to my little friend!")
    I will be at the meeting to see if we can work out a date and place.
    Remember, if they move, paint 'em until they scream!
    old-master has spoken.........

15. jedi_xtacy

Jan 25, 2002
    o.k. o.k. I read my comment and yes it sounded a little suggestive. Oops! Just like my Jizz Wailer comment many months ago. I got ragged hard about that one. No, I don't practice abstinance!! Although I do advocate it. I don't think my other half would go along with that! HA HA! My mind has been elsewhere for about a month after seeing LOTR. My precious....

16. Kurgan1

Nov 19, 2000
    Huh huh huh huh...jizz wailer....huh huh huh huh huh, that's cool. ;)

17. jedi_xtacy

Jan 25, 2002
    o.k. I still don't get what was so funny about that. I was just reading from the Star Wars encyclopedia and was curious. I like the music the big bubble heads were playing.

"I have 2 words for you...Ewan Mcgregor. He is Obi-wan, Obi-wan is he. Get stuffed and spot a train at his Moulin Rouge. Touch my velvet goldmine."-Strange quote from a drunk Star Wars fan, who remains nameless...

18. old-master

Jun 12, 2001
    Well, after a search....I did find a really kewl field outside of DFW.
    It is called outlaw paintball. It seems to a large area of woodland type.
    Now, it is not a walk-on field, you must reserve a time and date. Which I think would really great. Great time to host a fanforce party?
    The rates are- 10-20 people-$30, that comes with gun, mask, and 500 rounds
    20+ people- $25.
    It can be Bring Your Own Gun with Ammo.....which my friend may be able to hook us up.
    I plan on calling them, along with the other fields.
    old-master has spoken.....
    By the way, what the hell is Jizz? I know I am going to catch hell for that one!

19. Skippy_The_Klingon

Skippy_The_Klingon Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2000
    Jizz- A popular musical style found in the SW Universe. The Bith musicians in ANH were playing.

Seeing how John Willaims started his musical career as a Jazz musician, it's not suprising that he incorporated it in the movie.

I happend to listen to the soundtrack the other night and really noticed the Cantina band song. It's rather interesting how Williams incorporated traditional Jazz instruments (Clarinet, Saxaphone) with such wildly unusual instruments as a Jamacian Steel Drum and Moog synthisizer.

20. Kurgan1

Nov 19, 2000
    Whoa, whoa, whoa, let's not go off and say that term is cannon. As far as I know, the person that came up with it is that moron Kathy Tyers. She couldn't write a decent book to save her life, and as far as I know, she came up with it. Why? Because she's stupid and obviously doesn't know the OTHER definition of the word.

It's yet another folly of the EU.

21. jedi_xtacy

Jan 25, 2002
    HAHAHAHA! Kathy Tyers a moron?!?! Now that's rich. Which books did she write? I have read most of them. Recently I have been captivated by The New Jedi Order series. I do have to agree that the term Jizz Wailer is kinda lame, but very very funny!!

22. jedilona

jedilona Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    She wrote Truce at Bakura and she also wrote Balance Point in the NJO.

23. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    Hey, jedilona! How've you been ?[face_plain]

As far as the paintball event goes, I'll probably have to rent or borrow gear, so any place that rents it out would be better for me.

24. Kurgan1

Nov 19, 2000
    Kathy Tyers is, by far, the worst writer I have ever had the sincere displeasure of reading her works.

She has no concept of narrative flow, and doesn't understand characters whatsoever. Why that woman was asked back for the NJO, when her first book, Truce at Bakura, was so universally despised, I will never know.

I have seriously read far better fan fiction authors' work than her so-called 'authorized' SW work.

I_don't_like_that_woman.

25. old-master

Jun 12, 2001
    My friend, who owns a paintball store in Okla, will be posting some information on this thread about our game. Under the name JediHoar? He has talked about possible bring some ammo and equippment. The D.O. I work with, said that he would come and bring a friend. Just more victims for my wrath!
    old-master has spoken.......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.