main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Paintball on March 1st

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Jedi_Wench, Feb 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Wench

Jedi_Wench Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2002
    Hey one and all, some of you know already, but after the last paintball trip, my husband has become a bigger addict than when I first introduced him to the wonderful world of paintball.

So to appease his ungodly desire for paintball ;) we're heading back to The Command Post's BreakOut Paintball Park that Moe introduced me, Mr. Wench, IA and Carenix to on Saturday March 1st. Everyone in the PFF is invited and highly encouraged to join us. We'll be brining some friends of ours from Flag who happen to like Star Wars too so we can induct some new recruits at the same time.

If you register early at any Command Post store you can save some money, and brining your own paint is a good idea as well. You can rent all the equipment at the park and buy paint if you need to. Don't for get to bring money for lunch too.

Hope to see you all there, we'll be posting more details as the date approaches.

2. Mobius

Mobius Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    I am SO there!

3. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    My Army guys talked about playing PB to work on our close quarters combat techniques. I know some folks that may want to join us. :)

4. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    OH-DUB!! DOOD! You've got to come too! You'll have a RIOT!!!

5. aztrooper0013

aztrooper0013 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 27, 2002
    Where is this "Command Point" Located? I might just be interested in doing this. :)

6. Mobius

Mar 3, 2002
    Roughly speaking, the playing field is near the town of Maricopa. It's about 20 miles southwest of Firebird International Raceway. There's a Command Post store at I-17 and Bell, in the Super Saver Cinema parking lot, and you can preregister for a discount and get exact directions there. You can also visit their website at www.commandpost.com

Kevin, if you want to carpool, since we live on the same side of town, we should be able to arrange something.

7. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    OOOOO!!! A Stormtrooper! YAYYYY!!! You've got to come! We had soooooo much fun at this paintball park the last time we went!

8. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    I'm definitely planning to attend. From the sounds of it we may be able to field our own team of just PFF members and friends.

9. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    SWEET!!! IA's coming!!!! WOO HOO!

It wouldn't be the same without you buddy. :D

So far it looks like those who've told me they will be coming are:

Me
    Mr. Wench
    Mobius
    Idiot's Array
    and my Flag friends Dave & Tamara.

Those who've expressed interest:
    Obey Wann
    aztrooper0073
    My dork brother if he'll make up his mind.

Here are the plans:

Like last time, meet at Denny's across from Fry's by AZ Mills at about 8:30 am and caravan over to the park by 9:30 am.

Mass paintball mayhem to follow.

Bring:
    Money for entry if you haven't preregistered~$20 (I think)
    $5 for lunch.
    WATER
    Wear old clothes.
    Money for rental gun and gear~$5
    Paintballs if you don't want to buy them there.

Did I miss anything? :D

10. MJ_Keehan_Sundve

MJ_Keehan_Sundve Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    See, now, I'm not a big fan of pain. I can handle it fairly well, I just prefer not to inflict it upon myself and only recieve it when it happens involuntarily, like my little *episode* at the Utah Shakespearean Festival.

11. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    But you see, girls have the advantage, we get ARMOR! That's right girls, with your equipment rental you get chest ARMOR! [face_devil]

Oh and it actually doesn't hurt that much. I mean the occasional ball smarts for sure, but overall it isn't that bad and the pleasure definately outweighs the pain.

You should come with us MJ! We definately need more of a female presence there...but the upside to being one of the few girls there is that you get to gawk at all the cute, sweaty guys ripping off their shirts....mmmmmmm.

12. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    Ok, so it dawned on me after talking to Mobius this week and looking out at the depth of the snow that has fallen upon Flagstaff, that it just may have rained a bunch and turned the paintball park into a muddy mess.

I'm trying to get hold of the people that run the place to find out if (1) if it has been raining where the park is, and (2) if they will even be open.

I'll post a little later on today and let you all know what I find out.

13. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    Ok so here's the deal:

I called The Command Post stores in Phoenix and Tempe and asked about the BreakOut Park.

Both stores said it will be open, but that they expect the fields to be muddy and to wear clothes that we don't care about ruining. I checked the weather forcast and it doesn't look like it will be raining that day.

I don't mind playing in the mud 'cause I like it, but I didn't know if any of you had objections.

Just let us know if you won't be coming so we don't wait for you at Denny's all morning. ;)

14. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    Hey guys.. :(

I'm giving up on making plans.

To my complete and utter upset, our babysitting plans have fallen through and we will not be coming down in the morning for paintball,

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!! :(

This is de-ja-vu I know, but this time we really are stuck. I made sure my homework was all done this time.

I'm terribly sorry for any inconvenience.

I hope you all still go and have a great time.

BOO HOO!

Wenchy

15. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    Unfortunately I don't think I'll make it either. Hopefully next time.

16. Mobius

Mar 3, 2002
    Argh! Well, I'm still going. Oh well. I'll have fun without y'all. *sniff* :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.