main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Paintings/Artwork by wick - Updated 9/2/05 "Morning Patrol"

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by wicktone, Aug 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corrin_Wyndryder

Corrin_Wyndryder Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 17, 2001
    Oh, no! wicktone's website expired on the 15th!

2. Sabre_11

Sabre_11 Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 1, 2005
    lucky i got some of his art on my pc then. works of art they are.

i bet he's doing some major game right now

3. DARTH_VRUC

DARTH_VRUC Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 20, 2004
    Oh My God... I've seen the "sharpfish" gallery before, but I didn't know who drew those paintings...
    All I can say is they are awsome, astounding! Keep up the great work!

4. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    Was just introduced to your work, wicktone. I really admire your gifts, especially since I'm quite the technophobe when it comes to computer arts/graphics. Huge fan of your Mara Jade portraits. =D=

5. Nefarious_21

Nefarious_21 Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2006
    Wick. Your work is timeless. It'll probably be a while until you see this, but eh, just as well...
    I've missed you guys- u knew me as Darth_Arsnl- but its been months since I was here, so I changed it.

c ya round wick.

-Nef

6. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    This thread needs upping so badly. Wicktone doesn't post anymore, but the links to his artwork are still working. If you've not seen his work before, you're going to be knocked out.

7. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Has anybody heard any news from Wicktone? I really miss his art.

AG88

8. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    I have not. I really miss his art too. Hopefully he's being ultra successful somewhere making beautiful pieces. :)

9. Nidrail

Nidrail Moderator Emeritus star 3 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2005
    WOOWWY!!! Goodness I can't believe I never saw any of this before! What beautiful stuff!!!!

10. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Respectfully "upping" this...

We really need to make a "shrine" to wicktone's work....it's just too beautiful to languish on page 4! :D

For all our newest members that haven't had a chance to look through this absolutely astounding gallery, I'm kicking this back to the top; wicktone hasn't been with us for a long while, having found a great job in the pre-vis department of a gaming company (go, wick!)--but his digital paintings are jaw-droppingly beautiful, and should be the subject of study for any and all digital (really, all) artists here. I love browsing through here now and then, just to sigh over his amazing use of light--and each and every piece is a treat for the eye! Enjoy!

FF

11. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    I totally agree, FalconFan. He not only is a great artist, but while he was here he really went out of his way to cheer on young artists. I always remember him encouraging me to start painting. I always wanted to learn how to paint like Wicktone. Maybe one day I will... with a whole lot of practice... like years... or decades! :p

AG88

12. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    Hear hear, his artwork is simply to good to be on page 4.

13. Kaal-Jhyy

Kaal-Jhyy Jedi Youngling

Sep 12, 2005
    Wow... I've just seen your portfolio and... wow, you're a master! Are you an "official star wars artist", cause you surely have the level. Your digital paintings are so beautiful, your style is great, I love your choices of colors... it's just perfect, what more can I say. =D=
    Oh, and thanks for the tutorials on your website, I'll see them in detail. Keep up the good work! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.