1. Welcome back everyone! Wondering why everything looks different? Please visit HERE for more information!
  2. Welcome Guest. New feature: The Art of Disney…Now discussing:

Art Archive Paintings/Artwork by wick - Updated 9/2/05 "Morning Patrol"

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by wicktone, Aug 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
  1. Corrin_Wyndryder Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh, no! wicktone's website expired on the 15th!
  2. Sabre_11 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    lucky i got some of his art on my pc then. works of art they are.

i bet he's doing some major game right now
  3. DARTH_VRUC Jedi Master

star 2
    Oh My God... I've seen the "sharpfish" gallery before, but I didn't know who drew those paintings...
    All I can say is they are awsome, astounding! Keep up the great work!
  4. MirandaFair Force Ghost

star 4
    Was just introduced to your work, wicktone. I really admire your gifts, especially since I'm quite the technophobe when it comes to computer arts/graphics. Huge fan of your Mara Jade portraits. =D=
  5. Nefarious_21 Jedi Knight

Wick. Your work is timeless. It'll probably be a while until you see this, but eh, just as well...
    I've missed you guys- u knew me as Darth_Arsnl- but its been months since I was here, so I changed it.

c ya round wick.

-Nef
  6. soitscometothis Force Ghost

star 5
    This thread needs upping so badly. Wicktone doesn't post anymore, but the links to his artwork are still working. If you've not seen his work before, you're going to be knocked out.
  7. academygrad88 Force Ghost

star 5
    Has anybody heard any news from Wicktone? I really miss his art.

AG88
  8. Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus

star 4
    I have not. I really miss his art too. Hopefully he's being ultra successful somewhere making beautiful pieces. :)
  9. Nidrail Moderator Emeritus

star 3
    WOOWWY!!! Goodness I can't believe I never saw any of this before! What beautiful stuff!!!!
  10. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    Respectfully "upping" this...

We really need to make a "shrine" to wicktone's work....it's just too beautiful to languish on page 4! :D

For all our newest members that haven't had a chance to look through this absolutely astounding gallery, I'm kicking this back to the top; wicktone hasn't been with us for a long while, having found a great job in the pre-vis department of a gaming company (go, wick!)--but his digital paintings are jaw-droppingly beautiful, and should be the subject of study for any and all digital (really, all) artists here. I love browsing through here now and then, just to sigh over his amazing use of light--and each and every piece is a treat for the eye! Enjoy!

FF
  11. academygrad88 Force Ghost

star 5
    I totally agree, FalconFan. He not only is a great artist, but while he was here he really went out of his way to cheer on young artists. I always remember him encouraging me to start painting. I always wanted to learn how to paint like Wicktone. Maybe one day I will... with a whole lot of practice... like years... or decades! :p

AG88
  12. odj_310388 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hear hear, his artwork is simply to good to be on page 4.
  13. Kaal-Jhyy Jedi Knight

Wow... I've just seen your portfolio and... wow, you're a master! Are you an "official star wars artist", cause you surely have the level. Your digital paintings are so beautiful, your style is great, I love your choices of colors... it's just perfect, what more can I say. =D=
    Oh, and thanks for the tutorials on your website, I'll see them in detail. Keep up the good work! ;)
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.