1. Welcome back everyone! Wondering why everything looks different? Please visit HERE for more information!
  2. Welcome Guest. New feature: The Art of Disney…Now discussing:

Art Archive Paintings/Artwork by wick - Updated 9/2/05 "Morning Patrol"

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by wicktone, Aug 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
  1. wicktone Jedi Knight

star 3
    He's probably sad because his torso is deformed. That would bring a tear to my eye, as well...
  2. Kerr_Plunk Jedi Grand Master

star 6

awesome wicktone.. truly beautiful work you've done there.. i really like your eye for colouring!
  3. DkSavior02 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I think it's a somber look, but it's not really a bad thing. When I watch people walking down the street I don't normally see them all with huge grins on their faces as is.. plus I'm sure if my entire planet was surpressed by a galactic empire, I'd feel kinda down in the dumps a lot of the time too..
  4. Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus

star 4
    I think it's a beautiful piece. The banners and plant life lend a realism to it that I find I can believe in. I also really appreciate the way you handled the stairs. Something about them makes me want to ascend them and see what's at the top. :)

edited: for spelling. [face_blush]
  5. darthnick11 Force Ghost

star 4
    so, when will we get a new one, wick?
  6. wicktone Jedi Knight

star 3
    I've been suffering through jury duty and haven't felt like doing much of anything more involved than a few pencil sketches. I coloured one earlier for the October Fanart Challenge.

http://www.sharpfish.net/paintings/protocal1.html

I've got a lot of requests I still need to get through, but I can't seem to sit down for more than an hour on anything in particular. I'll start a new scene sometime soon, though.

Thanks for all the great comments.

-wick
  7. Darth_Elu Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Awesome droid. :D I love your work, wick! :cool:

I'll be PMing you with something in just a few seconds if you don't mind...
  8. NeoBaggins Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Permission to use the F word to discribe how good these paintings are.

They are inFREAKINcREDIBLE!!! If Mr.Wick isnt paying his rent and eating steak off of these pictures there may not be a God after all. Four thumbs Up.
  9. DkSavior02 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Wick is great.. I haven't seen him around for so damn long though, and he doesn't respond to e-mails.. To be honest I'm a little concerned. He was playing a large role in these forums not too long ago.
  10. SkyWookiee Jedi Master

star 4
  11. wicktone Jedi Knight

star 3
    I didn't mean to scare anyone.

I'm a downhill mountain biker, and I unfortunately managed to snap my right arm in two places after a crash. I wasn't able to draw (or do much of anything, really) for a couple months. I apologize to anyone who was worried... it didn't even occur to me that people on the internet might wonder what had happened.
  12. Corrin_Wyndryder Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, that was awfully inconciderate of you, breaking your arm and disappearing! Geez! :p

I hope your arm heals well, and you can resume your artwork. You have incredible tallent, at I'd hate to see it lost to a mountain biking accident.
  13. DkSavior02 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Gah, I'm really sorry to hear about your accident, I hope you're healing up real well.. but I'm more relieved to hear it wasn't anything worse, because I thought it very well might be.. take care of yourself guy.
  14. WalkingOnTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan

WOW! Every single link I have clicked in this part of the forum has had some impressive art and this does not disapoint at all! This is some beautiful stuff, you could make some money off of this, if you don't already!
  15. SkyWookiee Jedi Master

star 4
    Wicktone... I'm really sorry to hear that, and I hope you'll get better. As soon as I got on DeviantArt, I faved your pictures.
  16. Daankin Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yes, yes, yes!

Wicktone Lives!

Thank the Force. Hope your mended and paintng again soon Wick.

D. :)
  17. wicktone Jedi Knight

star 3
    Aw, thanks guys. I haven't drawn so much as a stick figure in months, but I decided to shake off the rust and do something new tonight...

[image=http://www.sharpfish.net/rise.jpg]
  18. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow, wicktone, this is awesome (considering you're working with a freshly-mending drawing arm!!)! The lighting and posture really lend to the despair of the subject (Anakin, I assume...?)...powerful. Welcome back, and we're all looking forward to seeing more of your fabulous work! :D

FF
  19. Kyla Jedi Padawan

your art is some of the most amazing I've seen around here! Wow! I'm feel quite honoured that you commented my stuff! Glad you like it! Makes me wanna work harder! My favourite has to be your first pic of the kneeling sith with two lightsaber. I felt my jaw dropping on the floor! So emotional... brilliant, really!
  20. ArtyEwok LFL Artist

VIP
    star 4
    I really, really REALLY like the mood in that piece. makes me want to brush up on my painting, so to speak :D
  21. SkyWookiee Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow, that was really soon afterv return... and great!
  22. DCJosh Jedi Knight

mega cool

cant believe i never saw your gallery first time around
  23. Esira Jedi Knight

star 1
    OMG that is so beautiful, but creepy, if you get what I mean. The lighting is amazing. It soo good! =D=
  24. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    wick, it's so good to see you back. Sounds like you had a rough couple of months with that arm. I hope everything has cleared up for you now. :)

Your latest artwork is so simple, yet it conveys a wide range of emotions. It's very deep. I like the dark tones that were used and then the red lightsabers just stabbing out of the darkness. Very nice touch! :)
  25. Young_Punk Jedi Knight

star 3
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.