main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Paizo Publishing and The Official SW Fan Club to help Angelica!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Tenken, Dec 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=2131&zoneid=2

Fans Helping Fans
    Paizo to Donate Merchandise Profits to Scholarship Fund

December 23, 2003. Bellevue, Washington
    Between now and April 1, 2004, the Official Star Wars Fan Club will donate all profits from its sales of Attack of the Clones IMAX posters and banners to a scholarship fund for the daughter of Chanel Vanecek.

Vanecek was a vibrant member of the Star Wars community who was involved in everything from costuming groups to collecting clubs. We at the Fan Club were honored to get to know her when she spent long and always cheerful hours volunteering at our booth at Comic-Con International this past summer. Tragically, Chanel died in October, leaving behind her young daughter, Angelica.

Friends of Vanecek, also members of the fan community, set up a scholarship fund for Angelica. The owners and staff of Paizo Publishing, the company that manages the Official Fan Club, decided to help. Profits from every IMAX poster or banner purchased from the Club between now and April 1, 2004, will be donated by Paizo to Angelica?s scholarship fund. To order, fans can go to http://starwars.paizo.com.

The IMAX poster, which features a striking image of Jedi Master Yoda with lightsaber at the ready, is the same 25" by 46" double-sided piece displayed in IMAX theaters when Attack of the Clones hit the really big screen in November of 2002. The heavy-duty vinyl banner was also displayed in theaters, and the banners are available for sale only to members of the Official Star Wars Fan Club.

For this special scholarship offer Paizo increased the maximum number of posters per order to 15 per subscriber (from 10), and increased the number of banners to 4 per order per subscriber (from 2). Posters are only $24.95 each, and the giant 4? x 6? banners are $199.00. All orders are shipped with white glove handling, and the scholarship offer is good until April 1, 2004, or while supplies of the posters and banners last.

To order and help make a contribution to Angelica Vanecek?s scholarship fund, fans can go to http://starwars.paizo.com. Those who wish to send a contribution directly to the fund can write a check or money order (US funds) to: Scholar's Choice Acct. # 954079 ? Investment option #1906. In the memo write "Angelica Vanecek." Mail funds to: CITIBANK, P.O. Box 8566, Boston, MA 02266-8566.

2. mirax80

mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    I recived my Insider today in the mail... it brought tears to my eyes (again). I just want to say 'great job' to everyone who was able to put this all together for the support of Angelica. I never met Chanel in person, but I'm sure she really appreciates all you are doing to help out her daughter.

I hope she realized in her short time here, that she had some great friends in the SFFF.

~Nyree
    Minnesota FF

3. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    She knew Nyree... she did know absolutely, I know without a doubt. We can all feel it still... :) That in itself is the spirit that makes our club united more so now than ever. In the name of fellowship, friendship, strength, and honor with all the other clubs who have come to our aid in our darkest hour when the beacon of light that was Chanel was fading... Though it did not go out, and if anything it is the beacon burning bright in the twilight the rallies us now... Chanel will be with us always!

4. Jazmachine

Jazmachine Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 24, 2003
    nicely said Ming!

5. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    I just e-mailed Mary Franklin at Paizo and Chanels' SW Insider subscription, including the latest issue with her, as well as two silver Boba Fetts are on their way to Eva and Angelica!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.