main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Palpatine and Padme

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Keeper_of_Swords, Sep 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003

Hi, this is merely light thinking - but I just wanted to share the idea I got that Palpatine sensed that Padme was Anakin's wife through the encounter he had with her in the clone wars movie - she seemed very concerned about Anakin. Also he probably talked to her more times in the clone wars era and sensed this further.

2. Gimme_Shelter

Gimme_Shelter Jedi Youngling

Aug 13, 2008
  3. jedi_dude77

jedi_dude77 Jedi Youngling

Aug 18, 2008
    I would imagine he probably knew Anakin's feelings towards Padme way before they got married.

4. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    well, according to the RotS novel (I think) he knew via the Naboo clergy
    so it's just a question of when exactly he learned of their marriage, not if

5. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003
    I would imagine he probably knew Anakin's feelings towards Padme way before they got married.

Yes, that?s possible too.

well, according to the RotS novel (I think) he knew via the Naboo clergy
    so it's just a question of when exactly he learned of their marriage, not if

Interesting, thanks for the info.

6. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    I think Palps just sensed Anakin's feelings concentrated on Padme alot. I think he knew as soon as he met Anakin in TPM; why else would he suggest they be paired together in AOTC?

7. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003
    wow, never thought about that Sublime.

8. CaptainYossarian

CaptainYossarian Jedi Master star 3

Mar 30, 2003
    The Ep III Visual Dictionary states that it was Panaka who spilled the beans about the secret wedding to Palpatine and according to the Ep III novel Palpatine had friends in the civil clergy which meant it never was a secret. Of course, Palpatine could have also determined things for himself using his intuition. Certainly he must have felt the connection between Padme and Anakin, even if he did not know about their marriage until others told him.

9. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    Exactly. He knew. And Anakin probably discussed his feelings with him since he couldn't discuss them with the Jedi and Palpatine was the only other friend he had. Without knowing Palpy was a Sith, he probably sought his advice. Of course, Palpy would encourage his feelings. "Love is a perfectly natural Jedi feeling"... yada, yada, yada.

Also, we know Palpy has very strong intuitions because he sensed Padme's life was in trouble, thus he used his supposed knowledge of Midichlorians to sway Anakin to the dark side to save her.

As far as the wedding, he has spies and a great deal of influence through fear and persuasion, so he could have found that out pretty easily if, say, Anakin one day was suddenly all cheery and happy and he wanted to know why.

10. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003
    Yeah, makes a lot of sense

Also before posting this thread I had forgotten that Palpatine had Naboo connections.

11. Ashoka

Ashoka Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 20, 2008
    I always thought it was Captain Panaka who told Palpatine about their marriage :oops:

12. jedi_dude77

jedi_dude77 Jedi Youngling

Aug 18, 2008
    I doubt Palp needed someone to verbally spill the beans. If the Sith Lord can cloud peoples judgments in the Senate and successfully disguise himself from the Jedi Council, he must have the power to sense Anakin's feelings quite early on.

13. _Sublime_Skywalker_

May 8, 2004
    I think Anakin and Padme's "Secret double life" was not even a secret. I personally believe Obi Wan knew they were involved and just didn't snitch on Anakin because he loved him and didn't wanna see him get in even more trouble. I think the council knew Anakin loved her but didn't know that they were together. I think Palps would be able to tell, they should've left the deleted scene in ROTS cause that just gives it away. Anakin is ranting about how Senator Amidala must be trusted and that she's innocent of pretty much anything.

14. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    I think I read that somewhere, too, so that just goes to show you. Heck, Panaka could have revealled it without knowing. The Force can have a strong influence on the weak minded. ;)

15. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003
    I think Palps would be able to tell, they should've left the deleted scene in ROTS cause that just gives it away.

I don't remember that. Was it very important to the plot?

16. GrandAdmiral_Frank

GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 26, 2003
    That's the vibe I got but I think he knew when it happened exactly to be honest.

17. Amdrag

Amdrag Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 26, 2008
    I always just assumed Anakin told him.

18. jedi-soon

jedi-soon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 27, 2001
    Never thought about it before, but it makes perfect sense for Anakin to have confided in Palpatine.

19. _Sublime_Skywalker_

May 8, 2004
    It's a deleted scene from the ROTS DVD extra material. It basically shows the early rebellion talking to Palpataine in his office, and Anakin stands beside him- I think this was made when Anakin was originally assigned as Palps "body guard" because thats the impression he gives off in the scene. Anyway, the commitee leaves and Palps goes into a rant about how some of the Senators cannot be trusted and he fears theres going to be a palace revolution if you will, and Anakin goes into a rant about how Senator Amidala MUST be trusted and that she can do no wrong.

Of course these aren't the actual terms used, It's been awhile since I've watched the deleted material.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.