main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Palpatine helping Dooku?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Obi-2_Kenobi, Feb 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi-2_Kenobi

Obi-2_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2004
    Sorry i know this has been discussed but i never saw a difinitive answer and dont know if there is one. In the second duel with dooku, palpatine makes weird faces before both times obi gets tossed. was he subtley helping dooku get anakin in a 1 on 1 fight, did dooku do it all himself, or is it up to the viewer?

2. mjerome3

mjerome3 Jedi Knight star 6

May 11, 2000
    Palpatine must act like he's on the side of the Jedi. He's putting on an Academy Award winning performance by being...the good Chancellor although we know he's not. So he must look the part of a man being a abused, a man being rescued, and a man hoping that his Jedi friends will spare him from the criminal animal named Count Dooku. In other words, IT's ALL AN ACT!!!!

Didn't you see the movie?

3. Charn

Charn Jedi Master star 8

Dec 23, 2004
    darth-Sinister (who I think is George Lucas in disguise) will bring you the answer, with quotes, shortly.

4. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    There's no quote here. Dooku was on his own throughout the fight. All Palpatine did was watch and encourage Dooku to kill Obi-wan, so that Anakin could kill him. Dooku's still strong enough to collapse the balcony on Obi-wan. He just used a really bad method to kill Obi-wan.

5. sabarte

sabarte Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2005
    And, of course, Palpatine set up the duel to play to Dooku's specific weaknesses to get rid of him while turning Anakin. So really, he wasn't helping Dooku at all.

6. Carnage04

Carnage04 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 8, 2005

When I first heard some rumors about the opening duel, and before I read LoE, I thought Palpatine = Sidious was not known to Dooku. That could have led to an awesome scene where a large object comes flying through the air blindsiding Obi-Wan rendering him unconcious. Next shot is of Dooku looking VERY confused and realizing he has been played, now knowing that his prisoner is his master. The way it played out. I'd say that Dooku did allthe fighting himself.

Carnage

7. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Well, he did say in AOTC that Sidious was controlling the Senate.

8. darthvaderv

darthvaderv Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    Exactly. Agreed 100%. Palpatine didn't help in any way.

9. jedi_jacks

jedi_jacks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2005
    Ya, I thought Palpatine was happy to see Obi-Wan rushing to keep up with Anakin and Dooku, putting Obi-Wan at a disadvantage. Also, he probably foresaw part of this battle and it was unfolding exactly according to his design maybe. Plus, I agree with Charn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.