main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW Palpatine is a genius - his master plan

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Prodigiousman, May 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prodigiousman

Prodigiousman Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 28, 2001
    His ability to manipulate the non-humans in EP I and II is brilliant. He's used them to gain the Chancellorship and his Clone Army creation powers. We all know he hates non-humans and yet uses them immensely in the pre-quels so far.

(I had a good 500 word analysis going before explorer reset and i lost the whole thing - not happy - so here's the gist.)

He used the Trade Federation throughout EP I and his line "This will work to our advantage; wipe them out, all of them" in reference to the Gungan army shows that he might have been the sole reason the Gungans and Naboo never lived in peace.

He gets his apprentice Dooku to orchastrate a strictly non-human seperatist movement which he'll ultimately use the Clone Army (created by non-humans who I feel will ultimately be turned upon by the Clones) to destroy. He used the Genosians to create the Death Star plans and he'll wipe them out too probably.

I love the way he's cast a shroud of self doubt over Windu and a shadow over the visions of Master Yoda - who seems to be the only one who realises there is the Dark Side directly working on Coruscant.

The most direct and most visable manipulation is on Coruscant itself. He surrounds himself with exclusively non-human advisors and most of the loyalist committee was non-human - save for Organa and Amidala. Even his messanger aide (Rodian) was non-human - great idea. He'll ultimately cast them aside no doubt but it's such a great plan to make those non-humans think he's on their side and yet he's using them brilliantly.

Gotta hand it to Lucas, Palpatine is one incredible planner, and given everything will transpire to the letter in the prequels, it's no wonder he was overconfident everything would transpire to his thoughts in the original trilogy.

Again, i'd like to take this opportunity to blame explorer for stuffing up and killing my 500 word job.

But my post is pretty much the gist of the whole thought.

Another great part is that Palpatine's so darn good at appearing to just go with the flow rather than effectively stamp his authority which he clearly has. He's biding his time in the public office (and decaying rapidly from the warm cheery Senator Palpatine in Ep I). He's making his non-human aides think they are running the show (esp the big blue horned guy) and when the time is right they are toast.

If there is one part of ATOC that I thought was a tad dubious, it was the remoteness of the location of Dooku and Sidious' meeting place on Coruscant. Given they are one and the same - how could Palpatine get from the Palace offices to the derilict towers seen at the end of the film without being noticed (beside the fact he's got everyone miffed by the Dark Side).

There is a thought I had which is farfetched. What are the odds Palpatine is actually a CLONE of the original Senator?
    Now Sidious I have no doubt IS the original Palpatine, but given he placed the order with the cloners about the time of TPM, is it out of the realms of possibility that he could've made his clone (while controlling every thought and action from his hidden Coruscant location) and inserted him at the end of TPM? Perhaps that is why the Jedi find it hard to pinpoint the decaying Palpatine Chancellor as the essence of the Dark Side?

Just a random speculative thought - it's my imagination running wild.

Just one more thought....

Dooku must know Anakin is Sidious' target cause he clearly does his best NOT to kill him (just maim him) when he has an open shot with his sabre.

It's just a shame it appears Dooku's efforts are gonna seal his fate...

Does anyone think he would've finished off Obiwan and Anakin if Yoda hadn't showed up?

2. CountTyranus

CountTyranus Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2002
    I doubt Dooku wanted to kill Obi-Wan and Anakin, his main goal in the hangar was escape and get the Death Star Plans to his master, Darth Sidious.

3. Mace-Windra

Mace-Windra Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2002
    True, he may not have wanted to, but he could have easily finished them off considering they were still out cold by the time he finished his fight with Yoda and pulled the pillar off the wall......*splat*

4. Shara_82

Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 10, 2001
  5. _Tycho_

_Tycho_ Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2002
    Another great part is that Palpatine's so darn good at appearing to just go with the flow rather than effectively stamp his authority which he clearly has. He's biding his time in the public office (and decaying rapidly from the warm cheery Senator Palpatine in Ep I). He's making his non-human aides think they are running the show (esp the big blue horned guy) and when the time is right they are toast.

Great point. It was clearly highlighted when he 'reluctantly' accepted the emergency powers.
    As I was replying here, I heard Antonia Kidman on the TV in the other room say 'Senator Amidala' so I got up in time to watch her review on the film. She gave it 4 stars in a pretty good review.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.