main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Palpatine Kills Mace's Posse Too Easily

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by DarthSakroc, Apr 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Fruit_Fly

Darth_Fruit_Fly Jedi Youngling star 4

May 16, 2005
  2. DS615

DS615 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2003
    I don't see anything wrong with it.
    Sidious is far, far faster than anyone they had ever seen, they had never in their life been in a lightsaber fight, they had never in their life confronted another force user, and they sure didn't expect his attack.

All that aside, the Jedi were punks, and they went out like they should have. There's nothing in any of the movies to suggest that they should have done better, absolutely nothing.

3. JediCouncilMaster

JediCouncilMaster Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 23, 2005
    I agree with you Jedi-Atreides the jedi didnt have that power to stop/hold back palpatine's hatred of the jedi. The more hatred=more dark side power. Well the actor who played Agen Kolar (who got stabbed) either showed us that the dark side can cloud their judgement and cloud their sense to read the future thus making him seem confused.The following are the actors and character names Tux Akindoyeni .... Agen Kolar, Kenji Oates .... Saesee Tiin, Ben Cooke .... Kit Fisto (uncredited). http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0121766/fullcredits
    See the jedi posse HERE!!! http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=I-AM-the-Senate
    http://www.myfilehut.com/userfiles/ETAndElliot4Ever/Millennium%20Falcon%20GIF%20Stash/MF%20-%20SWEPIIIROTS%20-%20Agen%20Kolar%20Impaled.gif
    http://www.myfilehut.com/userfiles/ETAndElliot4Ever/Millennium%20Falcon%20GIF%20Stash/MF%20-%20SWEPIIIROTS%20-%20Its%20Treason%20Then.gif

4. thechozn1

thechozn1 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2005
    I think Matthew Stover should have written the screenplay. I know i'm going to catch holy hell for that but when I read his version in the novel b4 i saw the movie I was dying to see this scene. First he retrieves his saber from the middle of the statue in the middle of the room by igniting it with the force and letting it cut thru the statue to come to him. And then he goes and takes a couple out and then flies back accross the room and WINKS! HE FRICKIN WINKS AT 'EM. He's fighting 3 masters but he's not even stressing. In fact he has the prescence of mind to think about the fact that he can use the recording system in his office against the Jedi later for the senate.

I was all hyped up. Couldn't wait. Finally, the fight is starting. He doesn't retrieve his saber the same way but that's ok i'll live. Then he flies accross the room corkscrew style. I'm thinking "oh my god, YES". Then... he gets accross there and pauses. What? Why the hell would he pause? Why the hell wouldn't they as jedi masters at least lock blades if he's going to look into their eyes longingly before he kills them.

Seriously, did they even play this scene back before they let it out? How do you let them get wiped after a pause! YIKES

5. DUGGY

DUGGY Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 23, 2005
    WINKS! HE FRICKIN WINKS AT 'EM.

That was a great scene in the book, with the security recording, and the wink. but i don't think the book was all that much better than the movie. it got a little repetetive with all the "This is what it feels like to be "" stuff. but you are right that scene would have made Palpatine look even more evil, and sinister,and would have been a awesome scene .

But The scene Where he takes out the Jedi Played fine to me. I just think that it was a confined space, and the Jedi appeared to be cramped and could not react fast enough. so Palpatine easily dispatched the other three, and then went one on one with Mace. Which is the real fight in that scene anyway.

6. Darth_Pogey

Darth_Pogey Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    I was okay with the posse deaths except Agen Kolar's. Kit was beat in a fair fight and Sasee was distracted by Agen's death. But Agen was clearly riding the shortbus to the jedi temple every moring. Palps thrust his sword notably slowly and Agen doesn't even try to parry it. I hated that.

7. DUGGY

DUGGY Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 23, 2005
    But Agen was clearly riding the shortbus to the jedi temple every moring.

That's funny [face_laugh] , maybe he was part of a Jedi special needs Jedi force. lol

8. magicfann

magicfann Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2005
    I hated that scene...it was the worst in the world. I didn't really care about Saesee and Agen, 'cuz they were probably taken by surprise.... Actually now that I think of it it's kind of reasonable.

Agen: Completely taken by surprise, and gets killed.
    Saesee: Distracted by Agen's death and gets killed.
    Mace & Kit: Other side of the small "curve" of the wall and get to react fast enough.

Seeing as Mace was nearest to the doorway leading out, he probably retreated, and since Kit was farther away, he moved to retreat too and got cut down, getting a few blocks and such in.

9. Parthenopaeus

Parthenopaeus Jedi Youngling star 1

May 7, 2005
    The more I see it, the more I'm convinced that, so the audience could have time to focus on the action, when Palpatine attacks the 4 Jedi, what we're seeing is actually slowed down a bit and not as fast as it actually happened.

Did anyone see how fast Sidious pulled out and ignited his lightsaber for his Yoda duel? It happened in less than a second!

10. Aiden_Sanic

Aiden_Sanic Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2005
    You know... correct me if I'm wrong, you know when Sidious does that spinn thing in the air? Well while he's doing it there's some kind of dark howl that u hear as he's doing it. It reminds me of a force power in

Knights of the old Republic 2

Force scream. PErhaps this is a version of that power that might of slowed their reaction, or stunned them perhaps?

11. Force-Keeper

Force-Keeper Jedi Master star 5

Jun 16, 2004
    Not likely. He was just really ticked off and let out a scream in his anger. You just have to believe that Palpatine is, as Ian says, "The fastest swordsmen in the galaxy" and caught them off guard.

12. JediCouncilMaster

Jun 23, 2005
    I have part of a clip of the arrest hope you enjoy...
    http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=I-AM-the-Senate

13. Whizkid

Whizkid Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2003

People forget that a stab is very, very difficult to defend against. Couple that with the hate and power he has, his stabs are probably impossible for most Jedi to defend against.

14. Banshee_Spawn

Banshee_Spawn Jedi Youngling

Oct 8, 2003
    I think the issue with that whole scene was bad directing.

The camera angles were horrific, the close up?s of Palpatine as he drove his Sabre into the first victim was just plain tacky.

The final lightsabre battle in TPM was filmed beautifully, why wasn?t such a PIVOTAL scene filmed in the same way??? Was it because of the lack of space???

I don?t know, I watched the whole Vader/Palpatine/Luke scene/battle in ROTJ the other night and that whole sequence show?s more heart & style than the 3 prequels combined.

If only Lucas had gotten over his Ego and handed the script & directorial duties to somebody who hasn?t lost there heart in all this Blue Screen crap then we would have a true cinema masterpiece on our hands not this embarrassing mess of a prequel trilogy.

God help the TV shows!!

15. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    I personally loved the close ups on Palps face, all the more evil!

The real question is, why was it so hard for Palps to kill Mace's Posse?

16. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    The question is not JUST whether it was too hard or soft, but the way it played out was not that great. I mean, the time limits are understandable, but you MUST have made time for this very important scene featuring the best the jedi have to offer and a 4 on 1 duel to showcase. No jedi should have died right away until Sidious force throws them (like Tyranus does) out the window. Then have him kill Kolar (not Fisto) last, and then duel Mace.

17. vaderlover235353

vaderlover235353 Jedi Youngling

Jul 4, 2005
    yeah, if you watch closely the first jedi "knight" that gets killed doesnt even block palpatine, he insta gets light sabered and dies, lamest ever. those 3 were not jedi knights they were so easy to kill, they shouldve lasted longer than they did

18. poker

poker Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2005
    Yeah this scene could have been better. The build up was so good, the acting between SL Jackson and Ian is great and its sad that it was not more spectacular.

I loved the jump and the sound Palpatine made but after that, it was ... blaah...

19. Obilieveinme

Obilieveinme Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2005
    He is an old actor...that is one factor.

These Jedi were fighting a guy who was the Chancellor...this has to throw you off to see this little guy fighting.

Palps went after the weakest to strongest.

20. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I am reading the 'Making Of' book right now and I got the impression that Lucas was hurrying to keep on schedule and didn't do the best job directing that part of the duel. His attitude seemed to be "I need to get something on film to move the story forward."

21. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    I think that Lucas felt it would've taken too much time to film a four on one fight. So he opted to have Palpatine wipe out Tinn and Kolar quickly, have a bit of a fight with Fisto and then move on to Windu.

22. DINVADER99

DINVADER99 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2004
    I think the issue with that whole scene was bad directing.

The camera angles were horrific, the close up?s of Palpatine as he drove his Sabre into the first victim was just plain tacky.

Explain exactly why. I loved the close ups, it was the first time we saw Palpatine have agression expression on his face in the PT. What does the word tacky mean to you?

The final lightsabre battle in TPM was filmed beautifully, why wasn?t such a PIVOTAL scene filmed in the same way??? Was it because of the lack of space??? Filmed by the same director you seem to hate. Explain what was wrong witht the Palpatine duel, other than simplistic "it was tacky" comments

I don?t know, I watched the whole Vader/Palpatine/Luke scene/battle in ROTJ the other night and that whole sequence show?s more heart & style than the 3 prequels combined. Probably from growing up with them helped more than anything. Nostalgia is very powerful. Some people will never be please by any new SW film unless Lucas let them make it theirselves.

If only Lucas had gotten over his Ego and handed the script & directorial duties to somebody who hasn?t lost there heart in all this Blue Screen crap then we would have a true cinema masterpiece on our hands not this embarrassing mess of a prequel trilogy.
    LOL, to most of us it was not an embarrassing mess. Lucas has right to do what he wants to with his own creation. Not be ruled by individual fan fictions. Of course the PT would have never lived up to the OT no matter what Lucas did with it.

23. darthricekingreturns

darthricekingreturns Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2005
    i think sidious's ability to put away the other jedi so easily is done to show the audience that he intentionally elongates his battle with mace windu while he waits for anakin to arrive and choose. i think lucas did this intentionally so viewers would be able to say 'hey wait a minute, i think sidious is stalling...'

24. JediPloJoon

JediPloJoon Jedi Youngling

Jun 29, 2005
    Agen Kolar lasted awhile, the whole 2 seconds

25. JediCouncilMaster

Jun 23, 2005
    yeah i agree how palpatine chooses the weakest jedi master first then finishes up to the strongest.

I keep wondering what was Agen doing before he was stabbed? Saesee was looking the other way and Agen was not even going to block or move out of the way..so when Palpatine was giving the Evil grin after he jumped that shouldve given them time to prepare. The death of Agen and Saesee was pathetic. Is it just me or did Kit Fisto die in like a fast motion it seemed like the part was in "fast forward."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.