main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Palpatine Kills Mace's Posse Too Easily

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by DarthSakroc, Apr 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BountyHunter7

BountyHunter7 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 25, 2001
    I like the fact that he kills them fast but the scene looked kinda crappy, bad direction or editing maybe.

2. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I think he was just pressed for time in his schedule and got a little sloppy in directing that particular scene. Not the end of the world. We still get the point - Palps is a monster who can kill Jedi Masters in the blink of an eye.

3. BombardTarkin

BombardTarkin Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 1, 2002
    Well, this was one of the points I really didn't like about the movie as well ...
    But I'm glad to hear others' input on it!

I like the idea that Palpatine could've stunned the Jedi with his scream (force-inflated or not) and that there really is no "in-film" satisfying, ultimate explanation for the speed and ease of the Jedi deaths ... it just happened.

I also think that a poster made a good point by comparing the pathetic deaths of these 3 masters with Anakin's ease at dispatching handfuls of Padawans and several Knights (and Masters ?) in his raid on the temple. Yes, he had clone trooper help, but the security hologram clearly shows him taking on like 5 Jedi at a time. Clearly Sidious and Anakin (Vader) operate on a skill level far beyond the average Jedi.

Also, I've watched the death scene of Kit, Agen, and Saeese (sp?) several times and the "looking the other way" thing is barely noticable and could indicate that he was winding up to slash or stunned slightly by Sidious' ferociousness (and/or scream).

Anyway, as I've said, this is easily one of the weakest points in the movie for me ... say what you will, to me it goes against the internal logic of both trilogies. Essentially, the Jedi are sitting ducks to Palpatine--this is fine, but it should be because of Palpatine's manipulative prowess, not his invincible sabre technique. Who the &^%#$@ has he been practicing with and when??? Don't tell me the Chancellor's job leaves that much free time! And what sparring partner would he have? *sigh*;)

4. JediCouncilMaster

JediCouncilMaster Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 23, 2005
    I agree with your explanations and that could be the reasons why the Posee died too quickly. And yes the Agen theory about the "looking the other way" thing is maybe because he wasn't prepared to fight ot perhaps palpatine was too fast and he was just slow to react. But Saesee Tiin what was he doing after Agen died? Yeah he reacted to his death and raised his lightsaber but was maybe either too slow or his swipe at palpatine was too high because palpatine ducked and took a sliah at his waist. But Kit Fisto he fought and blocked some moves...but one thing people was his death a little too fast? I mean it was almost like it was in "fast forward" when he was about to do a overhead strike palpatine slahed his waist and he fell to the ground in like a flash was it just me or Kit's death was a fast speed that messed up in the movie?

5. BombardTarkin

BombardTarkin Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 1, 2002
    I don't know about the "speed-up" effect. Maybe it was used to make Sidious even more bad ass, but made the scene sloppy ... I will have to read the "Making Of ROTS" to find out how that duel was shot and edited.

But, again, I think it was a poor decision by GL. Ah well.

6. jedimaster111

jedimaster111 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2005
    I hated that scene. He pulls out his lightsaber! I MEAN SAESIN AND AGEN WERE LIKE "HEY LOOK HE HAS A LIGHTSABER! WANT TO STARE AT THE WINDOW?" "OKAY!"
    ANd KIT was like "OT OH! He Has a lightsaber, ow well?!"

Then Palp JUMPS IN THE AIR!

Agen was stupid enough to not duck or force jump! I MEAN DO THESE JEDI EVER HEARD OF FORCE JUMP? I MEAN YOU NEVER SEE ANY OTHER JEDI FORCE JUMP?????? OR FORCE PUSH? FORCE RUN?!?!?!

SAES LIKE "PALPERTINE< IM A PILOT! AND I CAN FLY IN SPACE!"
    POW! THEre he goes.

KITS LIKE MY BUDDIES! I BETTER HELP MACE!
    Then too late, Kit does some funky dance and falls.

Maace THEN duels for 5 mins or somethin!!! YIKES!

AND dont get me talking about those DREADFULL SCREAMS!
    SCREAME PTS AND ATTCAK PTS
    Agen gets 7/10 It wasn't that bad, but performance no! 1/10
    Saesin Tinn gets 1/10 for his scream, HE SOUNDED LIKE A MIGIT GIRL! A OLDLADY! 1/10 for perfomace.
    Kit gets 5/10, for his screame, he made it sooo dramatic!?!
    He also gets 7/10 for his performance.

7. JediCouncilMaster

Jun 23, 2005
    Great info and opinions on the Jedi posse and Palpatine part jedimaster111.
    I really liked your opinions by the way. I have to say i liked the scream and performance points.
    The jedi posse and palpatine part was one of my favorite parts in the movie but hey it couldve been better...i expected like a 3 min battle 4 on 1.
    Agen's scream was the best out of all but his performance was bad.
    Saesee's scream was horrible it sounded like an injured animal but performance was ok
    Kit's scream was yeah dramatic but it sounded more better than Saesee's. performance better than the other 2.
    is it just me or does Saesee Tiin remind and look like freddy kruger?
    This scene should be fixed and maybe edited.
    But the thing that confuses me...when Kit Fisto was slashed did it seem like that part was in "fast forward" or a "speed up effect" or was it supposed to happen? i mean when he was sliced he screamed then fell on the ground in a flash.

8. jedimaster111

jedimaster111 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2005
    I dont really heck no!
    It wwas to fast, I couldnt keep up! In the theater, Im like in my mind, REWIND BACK!

9. WedgeFitso

WedgeFitso Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2005
    While I agree with the other reasons, wasn't Palps using some sort of viel to hide his force aura from others? I think that he let that down when he began to fight and the resulting rush of dark side energy worked like a flash bang grenade or like walking outside after being in a really dark room for a long. It would have disoriented and blinded them.

10. GherrickfromDorin

GherrickfromDorin Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2005
    Saesee Tiin looks like always annoyed badass but he fights and screams like an old woman.

11. JediCouncilMaster

Jun 23, 2005
    Yeah Saesee Tinn's scream was pathetic and it sounded like a dying animal or an old woman. Agens scream was the best out of all three. Kit Fisto's scream was kinda dramatic and i just can match that scream with him doesnt sound right.

12. GherrickfromDorin

GherrickfromDorin Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2005
    No Fisto's scream was OK. Its not his fault cause he is big alien. Water nautolan not suppose to sound like human. Human voices in council had few only. Ki-Adi,Mace,Obi,Stass,Adi,Eeth,Agen and Anakin. Rest had strange(or less strange) alien exotic sound like language. Kit Fisto and Plo Koon especially cause Plo Koon need special repulsor to be heard(his voice were too low to be heard in his mask) On Oxygenium planets his voice need repulsors, on Kel Dor not. Kit Fisto voice was strange too and only in water he could speak in Nautolan dialect.

13. orn-free-tada

orn-free-tada Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2001
    you people are crazy, the scene is awesome

14. Midgetsforbreakfast

Midgetsforbreakfast Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    There is another version of this fight that was posted here in this forum last fall. I will post it here just so people can see another version of what the fight could have been like.

It was written and posted by JW-Titus in his 'Episode III Fan Novel'.

I already checked with him, and he said he doesn't mind me reposting this.

Stone-faced, eyes narrowed, Jedi Master Mace Windu led Masters Saesee Tiin, Agen Kolan and Kit Fisto down the wide, red-carpeted hall leading to Chancellor Palpatine?s executive office. They were an incredibly imposing looking quartet; exuding confidence, power and authority as they marched in their brown, Jedi robes. Clearly, they were on a mission, and their expressions said that nothing would get in their way. Nothing would stop them.

Seated behind his desk just outside of the Chancellor?s office, Palpatine?s personal aide, Dar Wac, looked up to see the group of determined Jedi approaching fast. Shock exploded across his green, Rodian face and he sprang to his feet.

[What are you doing!?] Dar Wac demanded in panicked Hutteese, causing the pair of red-robed, Royal Guards flanking the closed, gray doors of the office to snap their helmeted heads towards the approaching group.

Mace gave the aide nothing more than a hard-eyed glance and continued towards the closed doors to Palpatine?s office.

[The Chancellor is not to be disturbed! He is occupied!] Dar Wac continued, his tone becoming more and more frantic and waving his arms in protest at this unusual, and frightening, occurrence.

Suddenly, the pair of red-robed, Royal Guards crossed their Force Pikes in front of the doors, blocking Master Windu?s way and bringing him up short.

His eyes daggers and his tone dangerous, Mace said, ?You are interfering with official Jedi business. Get out of our way?or face the consequences.?

But the faceless Royal Guards didn?t move, didn?t even budge.

Dar Wac was quivering with fear and uncertainty now. [The Chancellor is occupied?he is busy!] he squealed.

Mace?s jaw tightened, and he prepared to act at a split-second?s notice. The other three Jedi stood just a few paces away, their senses alert and hands ready to retrieve lightsabers in the blink of an eye.

Just before Mace was about to spring into action, a voice erupted from the comm. unit on Dar Wac?s desk.

?Let them in,? Palpatine?s voice ordered flatly, calmly.

Glad to have the confrontation ended, Dar Wac practically slapped the button to open the doors. The Royal Guards uncrossed their Force Pikes and returned to standing at attention next to the doors as they slid open.

The four Jedi relaxed visibly from their stand-off with the guards. After a quick glance from Mace over his shoulder, the quartet strode through the doors and into the office, assurance in their steps.

They walked past the pair of couches in the small receiving area just on the other side of the doors, senses alert for danger, but feeling nothing. With quick glances out of the corners of his eyes, Mace noted the second pair of red-robed, Royal Guards standing along the back wall as he walked out from the receiving area and further into the room. The other Jedi took notice of the guards as well.

Kit Fisto, bringing up the rear of the group, stopped right at the end of the receiving area?slightly behind and directly between the two guards. Kit would remain back and make certain that the doors were covered, as well as keeping his eyes sharp for anything strange throughout the office. His onyx-colored, orb-like eyes always remained forward, but he made certain that he was able to watch the Crimson Guards out of the corners of his eyes.

Mace, Agen Kolar, and Saesee Tiin continued walking through the main part of the office. Mace saw Palpatine sitting behind his desk on the slightly elevated, far end of the office. His expression neutral, Palpatine merely watched as the remaining three Jedi came forward. The wide window f

15. Wiercioch

Wiercioch Jedi Youngling

Jun 30, 2005

16. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Wow, so was this your own story or from a book?

I wish much more was spent on this scene, but at least we saw other jedi in action even for a blink of an eye.

his swipe at palpatine was too high because palpatine ducked and took a sliah at his waist. But Kit Fisto he fought and blocked some moves...but one thing people was his death a little too fast? I mean it was almost like it was in "fast forward" when he was about to do a overhead strike palpatine slahed his waist and he fell to the ground in like a flash was it just me or Kit's death was a fast speed that messed up in the movie?

I don't remember seeing Seasee take a swipe.

17. JediCouncilMaster

Jun 23, 2005
    Saesee does take a swipe at Palpatine its either the shots were too fast or you were paying attention to Palpatine and not at Saesee Tiin. Don't believe look at this picture...you see Saesse about to do a home run...but then its either he's too slow or because Palpatine ducked and slashed his waist.
    http://img244.echo.cx/img244/7075/swpic298z2081rc.png
    NOW DO YOU BELIEVE ME whostheBossk ???

18. Tyrantus

Tyrantus Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 2004
    Hmm, as the comics and books are stated as canon unless stated so, yes. I'm not commenting further, as I've stated my views on this thread more than enough. If you don't accept the books or comics, too bad for you, I do.

19. DUGGY

DUGGY Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 23, 2005
    Palpatine Kills Mace's Posse Too Easily

That is correct, because he is Palpatine, it was easy, Mace took a little more effort though. he laid into them so fast they did not know what was happening.

20. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Moving up.

21. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    Thanks KW. :)

22. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    It was all worth it just to see the look on Palpatine's face before that first stab!

23. DUGGY

DUGGY Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 23, 2005
    yeah! , Mace's style is Vapaad!! , and Palps' is Stabby!!! lol.

24. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    Hmm, as the comics and books are stated as canon unless stated so, yes. I'm not commenting further, as I've stated my views on this thread more than enough. If you don't accept the books or comics, too bad for you, I do.

Yes, but they are a lower level of Canon than the movies and screenplays. I can't believe I'm still arguing about which fictional universe is the "real" one.:oops:

25. Darth_Klakabush

Darth_Klakabush Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 9, 2005
    I think Sidious should've thrown his lightsaber and killed Tiin/Kolar (no difference really, they both sucked), fried the other with a blast of force lightning, jumped towards Festo and Windu while he pulled his lightsaber out of the first jedi, then maybe did a bit of 2 v 1 against Festo and Windu, had Festo die after half a minute or so, and then went on to fight Windu.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.