main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Palpatine Kills Mace's Posse Too Easily

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by DarthSakroc, Apr 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediCouncilMaster

JediCouncilMaster Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 23, 2005
    Saesee does take a swipe at Palpatine its either the shots were too fast or you were paying attention to Palpatine and not at Saesee Tiin. Don't believe look at this picture...you see Saesse about to do a home run...but then its either he's too slow or because Palpatine ducked and slashed his waist.
    http://img244.echo.cx/img244/7075/swpic298z2081rc.png
    Was it just me or was Kit's death a little too fast meaning in other words a "speed up" effect unlike the gif it was more slow and natural.
    http://img282.echo.cx/img282/1285/rotsdeathofkitfisto0xy.gif

2. TyranusRules

TyranusRules Jedi Youngling

Jul 6, 2005
    I don't think Mace or the other 3 Jedi Masters had any idea of what they were dealing with in Sidious. He definitely caught them off guard. Kit and Mace at least survived the initial onslaught. After Sidous kill Kit, Mace immediately starts giving ground in order to regroup. Sidious has him with a saber to the chest (another topic even though I believe Sidious was prolonging the fight). Mace continues on the defensive and Sidious keeps the duel going too long and eventually Mace surprises him.

Even thought Mace eventually goes down, he puts up a great fight, especially when you put it into the context of how quick the other masters went down.

3. TardMongeR

TardMongeR Jedi Youngling

Jun 30, 2005
    Mace is the best lightsaber duelist ever

4. Hyperion51

Hyperion51 Jedi Master star 3

Jun 11, 2005
    At least Kit got in a couple of blows before biting the dust. Saesee and Agen just stood there, not even keeping their lightsabers in a defensive position in front of them or anything.

For Mace and the posse to beat Sidious, the posse would have needed a few more Jedi to have a change. If they where at the Temple, why the devil didn't he go and get Shaak Ti and Cin Drallig for example.

5. MasterTiin1

MasterTiin1 Jedi Youngling

Jul 21, 2005
    In my opinion Saesee should have been there till the end but sidious probably caught him making a mistake and took him down before fisto.

6. MasterTiin1

MasterTiin1 Jedi Youngling

Jul 21, 2005
    By the way, does anyone know who saesee tiin's master was?

7. jedixesiria

jedixesiria Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 28, 2005
    yoda did not lose!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Scorch62Delta

Scorch62Delta Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 5, 2005
    I would have liked the posse to put up more of a fight but i still think its fine as it is.

I wish it had gone a bit like this:

Palpatine: It's treason then
    (ignites lightsaber and throws it boomerang style into Saesee Tinn's stomach and recalls it back into his hand and grabs it mid air in the same flip move he does in the film)

Straight from landing from the jump, he strikes at Kolar and it is blocked. Palpatine attacks Fisto and is it blocked and Mace comes in with an attack which is blocked. He kicks Fisto back, and then ducks under an attack from Kolar and stabs his saber straight through his chest. Mace and Fisto go on the offensive but Palpatine blocks each strike. He force pushes Mace into a wall and strikes twice at Fisto, the first is stopped but the second comes too fast and slices Fisto on the stomach. Mace stands up and gets into position and the fight continues on as in the film.

Not much more than 30-40 extra seconds, Tinn is taken by suprise with the throw, Kolar gets a block in and he is at least looking the right way.

9. SPARKSIII

SPARKSIII Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 13, 2004
    The way this moment is approached was poorly handled. It does not show how deadly Darth Sidious is it actually show how clumsy this scene had been depicted. There is a definite weakness and error in how the confrontation is portrayed. Of the four master jedis, three of them are just unbelievably standing like mannequins. If to show swiftness and deftness of Darth Sidious it would have been more believable or 'realistic' showing those very same jedi masters actually taking defensive stances and showing some kind of physical reaction to a hint of oncoming threat from Darth Sidious as he makes a supernaturally swift attack you see the jedis making some kind of motion but are cut down in shock and stunned disbelief at the swiftness of Darth Sidious. In the film, there just STANDING there!

10. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Agen goes down like a punk. Saesee starts to attack, but is killed before he can. Kit and Mace try to go for a two-on-one, but the former is killed within a minute.

11. thechozn1

thechozn1 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2005

Ahhhh the pause. I don't know how you look at that as a producer\director and say "Oh yeah baby yeah"

12. JediCouncilMaster

JediCouncilMaster Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 23, 2005
    The reason I think they were just standing there was maybe because the room was too confined and they didnt want to accidentally slice their own comrad but the reason they didn't block (exclude Kit Fisto) that's another story. Agen was in a defensive position (my opinion) but didn't realize Palpatine to lunge straightforward at him. For example: you are in a defensive stance but expect the opponent to either do the same thing or fight someone else other than you but ended up dead from a straight and lethal lunge.

http://img244.echo.cx/img244/7075/swpic298z2081rc.png

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.