main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Palpatine (Need help on something)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by DarthEssex, Dec 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthEssex

DarthEssex Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 5, 2003
    Okey we all know why palpatine wanted to use the clones in the movies, I don't understand him making himself a clone which he didn't do that to vader because he was afraid that the force would be to weaken or he wouldn't have the force at all with his clone you guys still with me? good now if palpatine was so skeptic about cloning vader then why did he do it to himself? anyone wanna tell me? maybe he had to do it before he died or something.

2. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    As I understand it (although I dont have DE, and it might be better to have someone who does answer), part of the reason Palpatine cloned himself was to in case Vader betrayed him- he could still come back. In that case, he wouldnt want a clone of his enemy.

Then again, the only use he had for Vader was as a Sith Lord. He might have also thought that he could still make himself emperor even without the Force, but there would be no need for Vader.

And, this may have been speculation I heard somewhere and not official at all, but I seem to have heard somewhere that he used (or was going to use) the clones to transfer himself from body to body as the Dark Side decayed his original body.

3. JediStarMoonstruck

JediStarMoonstruck Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2002
    It was my understanding Palpatine used the clones of himself to transfer his soul and keep him 'immortal.'

I haven't read DE in quite awhile so maybe I'm wrong, but that was how I understood it.

4. DarthLazious

DarthLazious Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    You really need to.

5. DarthLazious

DarthLazious Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    Just FYI I was only recomending others to read Dark Empire and not to come off beening a mean person.

6. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    I read DE (I at least, and part of II - don't remember if I finished it)...once...in the bookstore [face_blush]
    I'm not a big comics fan as it is, but yes, I know, I need to read DE again :)

7. Iron_Fist

Iron_Fist Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 30, 2003
    Palpatine had clones of him created so that when he was "killed", he could use a FOrce technique to transfer his mind to the clone and continue living. When you clone Jedi, you can never really know how they'll turn out, and besides - training them would take too long, as I doubt any flash-learning programs could instill Force techniques. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.