main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Palpatine: Reverts to true form OR damaged because of Mace

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by imajkt, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlackRook

BlackRook Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2005
    Actually, I think this is brought up every fews pages or so. It wasn't just the lightning, it was also his use of the dark side that "deformed" him. Luke wasn't shooting out intense Force energy and then getting it sent back to him. While we have examples of others getting hit by lightning, Sidious is the only example we have of anyone being struck by their own lightning while at the same time shooting out more lightning.

Keeping in mind that this is as theoretical as just about anything else in this thread.

2. Darth_Risement

Darth_Risement Jedi Youngling

Oct 10, 2003
    Can't argue with that as a theory. It is the only such example of force lightening use we have seen as you say.

There are so many different opinions and theories on this. I personally have a hard time in believing that Mace got the better of Palps in any way, so I choose to believe that Palps was faking, allowed himself to be beaten so Anakin could save him, and that the force lightening rebound was not affecting him, and that he reverted to his true self, that of someone in my opinion could have been around nearly as long as Yoda.

3. jedi_ethan

jedi_ethan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 9, 2005
    I have a hard time in believing Anakin was created by the midichlorians, so I choose to believe Shmi was drugged and raped by a previous owner and that's why she doesn't remember any father.
    But deep inside I know it's not true, Lucas has left it clear as he has left clear that Windu defeated Palpatine

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.