main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Palpatine?s Journal - A datacard is found at Mt. Tantiss. An OC and Palpatine's words

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by madman007, Sep 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. madman007

madman007 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    You are entering history. Before I saw ROTS, I was primarily an all original story writer. I always thought fanfiction was for outrageous couplings having sex (Hermoine Granger and Anakin Solo???). But, after I saw Sith, I had a spark of a story. What if Palpatine kept a journal of his manipulation of Anakin? So, I wrote. This here before you is my first venture into the realm of fan fiction. There is a second part to this one with a certain former Princess. And I have a sequel with Luke and Mara's reaction to Palpatine's words. I'm working on the third in the trilogy.
    Enjoy and review kindly; this was my first-be gentle.

Palpatine?s Journal

Setting: Immediately after the events of The Last Command.

Chapter 1: A Journal Found

?Tarkin?s ghost, what a mess,? Doj Nadee stated when he first saw the contents of the small storeroom. It had looked like a storeroom to him. It would take much convincing to make him believe that this had been at one time an office of the late Emperor Palpatine. The crew was in its last stages of cleanup, taking away everything from artifacts to documents that once belonged to Palpatine. Doj was so glad his maintenance division was not in charge of what was left of the secret cloning facility above them. From what he had heard, that place had already been destroyed by the great, almighty Jedi Master, Luke Skywalker. The rumors had already spread that Skywalker had had another Dark Jedi to battle with and Luke had defeated him, thus causing the destruction. Some of his fellow workers heard that the death of that Dark Jedi actually created the mammoth hole in the top side of the facility. But Doj tended to take rumors that involved Jedi and their Force with a grain of sodium.

The New Republic?s Bothan Councilor Fey?lya demanded that all artifacts and documents found in the Emperor?s secret stash be confiscated and taken back to Coruscant to be analyzed. Doj was sure there was an argument between Fey?lya and the Noghri, the alien group that had already began the task of purging the planet?s evidence of the Emperor. At least most of the Noghri were above helping with the cleanup of the Emperor?s destroyed throne room. Here in a rather innocent looking storeroom, a place that looked ten times cleaner than a few hours before, containers filled with various items and piles of old data cards lined the far corner of the now vacant room.

His supervisor came into the empty room to speak with Doj. Pointing to the containers, he demanded, ?Take those into the speeder. It?s almost time to get out of this place.?

?Agreed.? answered Doj. ?Excuse me for asking, sir, but do you think any of this will be valuable??

?Hard to say. We?ve already collected some priceless artwork stashed in some of the royal suites. Techs have begun dismantling the Spaarti cylinders. It?s hard to say what?s on those data cards. Of course, that is not our job, is it? Let?s just get it out of here. Let the techies handle that.? He left the room leaving Doj to handle the containers.

Doj then started to carry the containers one by one to the speeder. From there, the last of the collected items will be taken back to the Royal Fantasy. Then it would be back to home on Coruscant. Doj couldn?t wait. Four months of staying in a transport cruiser?s bunker. He wanted to get home, get out his Corellian whiskey, and just sleep.

He finally came back for the last container, breathing a silent sigh of relief. He bent his knees to pick it up and then heard the small pinging of something falling to the permacrete floor. He cursed as he set the container down again. Looking behind him he found a datacard sitting alone on the cold floor. He bent over to pick it up but stopped once he read what was written in perfect small script.

Skywalker.

The name registered, of course. Who in this galaxy had never heard of the name Skywalker. The question that puzzled Doj was why would a datacard stashed in the Emperor?s private collection have a label with the Skywalker name? The datacard

2. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    I guess Doj is destroying the disk? why isn't anyone else reading this piece of gold? nice work :D

3. PHGS_Weyr

PHGS_Weyr Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 11, 2006
    now this is amazing!!!! Is Doj going to give the disk to Luke and Leia? Or maybe just keep reading? this is great stuff!!! Can i be added to the PM list if there is one?

PHGS Weyr

4. madman007

Aug 22, 2007
    SilSolo - Not quite. And I don't know, but I did just post it.

PHGS_Weyr - You're close.

Thanks for the praise.

Since this 2nd part is short, I'll post the 2nd part tonight.

5. PHGS_Weyr

Apr 11, 2006
    [mr burns] excelent... [/mr burns]

6. madman007

Aug 22, 2007
    Chapter two: A Lesson Learned

Setting: Coruscant, four days later

Doj was quickly finding out how hard it was to track down a Jedi Master just to talk to him. His position in the Maintenance division held him to wherever a work order took him. The Mount Tantiss expedition was a special assignment he was selected for primarily for seniority. Back on Coruscant, it was back to basic maintenance droid repair and cleanup where droids couldn?t reach. He couldn?t simply waltz up to the offices of the New Republic?s High Council. They were off limits to civilians. He had to wait for a work order to take him there with his full credentials.

Doj waited after he got back from Wayland, and finally, four days later, a work order for a malfunctioning maintenance droid on the High Council office level came in. Doj took the work order, showed the guard his badge, and proceeded on up to the highest levels of the New Republic?s offices. Instead of heading to the droid bay first, he headed straight for the office of one Luke Skywalker. He didn?t even know if the Jedi Master would be there. He had to take that chance. What he had to do, it must be done this way.

He approached the office marked with Luke?s title, attempting to look inconspicuous. It wasn?t like he was a stranger here. He peered inside and saw an empty office. Sithspawn, Doj cursed to himself. He thought of entering in case that Luke would return. He was kidding himself. In all the years he had worked on this level, there were very few times he had actually seen the Jedi Master. He was about to turn to head to the droid bay when he heard a voice from behind him.

?May I help you??

Doj turned to face the source of the voice.

Leia Organa Solo. She was the epitome of beauty. He had never been this close to the famous Rebel leader. Several thoughts came flooding to his mind, but one in particular came to the forefront.

This is Padmé Amidala?s daughter.

Doj fumbled for words. ?Uh...I was hoping to see Master Skywalker.?

Leia answered with a stern voice, ?He is not here. What did you need to see him for??

?I... I need to give him something.?

Leia scowled slightly. ?You?re Doj Nadee.?

?Yes. How did you know??

She casually pointed to his name tag and stated, ?Unless you?re wearing someone else?s uniform, I'm guessing that's your name.?

?Oh,? Doj answered embarrassed.

?What do you need to give my brother??

Brother. Doj had a sudden thought. Why not? She deserved to know as much as Luke. He reached into his pocket to reveal the datacard. He explained, ?I found this in one of the storerooms in Mount Tantiss. I was on Maintenance duty there a few days ago.?

?There were many items collected at Mount Tantiss. What makes this one datacard so special??

To answer, Doj simply handed the datacard to her which she took in her gentle hands. She looked at the label.

?Skywalker?? she repeated in whisper. ?What is this??

?Palpatine?s journal. At least, part of one. It describes a specific event. I?m sorry if I wasn?t supposed to read it. I was too intrigued. It?s dated a few days before the end of the Clone Wars. There is some information on it that I think you and Luke should know.?

He could see her face fill with worry. ?What kind of information??

He took a deep breath and just let it out. ?Darth Vader...was...your father.?

Her reaction was definitely the opposite from what he was expecting. Instead of sheer horror, she instead brightened and smiled sweetly. She placed a gentle hand on his shoulder.

?I know you feel nervous in telling me this. You don?t have to be.? She edged closer to him to say, ?Luke and I have known that for quite some time.?

The relief he felt was overwhelming. It still felt good that he was able to get that off his chest.

She went on smiling and told him, ?We?ll be sure to read it together. Thank you.?

Doj nodded to accept the thanks and he started to leave to go back to work. He did not get very far when she called to him.

?Mr. Nadee. You intended to sell

7. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    you really touched my heart when Doj said that his mother also died in childbirth. and it's such a hard choie to make. I'm glad Leia's recognizing him. nice characterization and touching story overall

8. PHGS_Weyr

Apr 11, 2006
    aww that was a really lovely post!!! Thanks for the PM!! I am really looking forward to the next installment!!! This is really really good!!!!!

PHGS Weyr

9. madman007

Aug 22, 2007
    Thanks to the both of you. [face_peace] I plan to post the sequel tonight, Reunion.

10. Jedi-Roxy

Jedi-Roxy Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    Awesome story! Great writing and engaging plot.

Phoenix

11. darksideyesplease

darksideyesplease Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2005
    This is a very cool story. Very original. Palpatine is awesome and I love his powers of manipulation, it's nice to see him telling the story from his point of view.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.