main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Palpatine Takes Over the Galaxy and Brings the Jedi On Side

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Chancellor_Ewok, Jul 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    I wasn't exactly sure where to put this, so I decided to post it here since it involves the EU.

An interesting way for Palpatine take over the galaxy and still kill the majority of the Jedi occurred to me the other day. We know from Rogue Planet and from small hints dropped during the Clone Wars that the Vong have been scouting around the edges of the Galaxy, presumably monitoring Republic comm traffic and testing for weaknesses in the Republic defenses.

We also know that the prescence of these the Chancellor. It could be argued that Palpatine's motivation for destroying the Jedi Order, was not only revenge but a recognition that the Republic was vulnerable to external attack and needed to be ready for war. But what if Palpatine told a version of the truth instead? What if he had said that the Seperatists had made contact with a race extremely powerful aliens from outside the Galaxy, who were now on their way with a large invasion force.

Remember, the Yuuzhan Vong exist outside of the Force and the old Order of Jedi are not as accepting of other areas of Forcelore beyond their own. Its doubtful that they would fare very well against the Vong.

I think this scenario is possible if Palpatine agrees to end the Clone War following the death of Count Dooku.

What do YOU think?

Keralys edit: This doesn't really belong here. And Lit doesn't really allow speculation threads, so you're out of luck with this... unless you wanted to write a short story about it and put it in Fan Fic. Sorry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.