main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Palpatine: The Final Scene

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RivusPalpatine, Jul 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RivusPalpatine

RivusPalpatine Jedi Youngling

Jul 17, 2003
    It could be argued that this is plagiarism, but I promise you it's not. This is the final scene in Return of the Jedi as told from Palpatine's point of view. It's the very end of his (real) story.

===========================================

The elevator, the only direct way in or out of the Emperor's tower, slid open with a soft hiss. Passing by the ever-present Imperial Guards, Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader climb the grand staircase in the shadowy chamber. They stop in front of a large, sleek chair. It spins slowly to face the two black-clad men, turning away from the view of the stars. In it sits the Emperor, Palpatine.

?Welcome, young Skywalker,? Palpatine said cordially. ?I have been expecting you. You no longer need those,? and with a flick of the Force, the bands that bound Luke's wrists fell to the ground. ?Guards,? Palpatine called out, ?leave us.? The crimson guards turned silently and exited.

?I'm looking forward to completing your training,? said Palpatine. ?In time, you will call me master.?

?You're gravely mistaken,? Luke returned. ?You won't convert me as you did my father.?

?Oh no, my young Jedi,? Palpatine said, standing up. ?You will find that it is you who is mistaken. About a great many things.? There was no rush. He would learn soon enough.

?His lightsaber,? said Darth Vader, handing the weapon to him.

?Ah, yes,? Palpatine said quietly, ?a Jedi's weapon. Much like your father's. By now, you must know that your father can never be turned from the dark side. So will it be.?

?You're wrong,? Luke said, confidently. ?Soon I'll be dead. And you with me.?

Palpatine chuckled quietly.

?Perhaps you refer to the imminent attack of your Rebel fleet,? Palpatine said. He could see the smugness melt from the young man's face. ?Yes, I assure you we are quite safe from your friend's here.?

?Your overconfidence is your weakness,? Luke noted.

?Your faith in your friends is yours,? Palpatine countered, turning back to his chair.

Darth Vader spoke again, ?It is pointless to resist, my son.?

Palpatine sat down in his chair, paused a moment, and then said, ?Everything that has transpired has done so according to my design. Your friends, out there on the Sanctuary Moon, are walking into a trap, as is your Rebel fleet.? Palpatine could feel the boy filling with fear, so he continued.

?It was I who allowed the Alliance to know the location of the shield generator,? he revealed, ?It is quite safe from your pitiful little band. An entire legion of my best troops awaits them.?

Suddenly sounding sarcastically concerned, he goaded the boy, ?Oh, I'm afraid the deflector shield will be quite operational when your friends arrive.? Again, Palpatine felt a Skywalker fill with an intense fear. There was so much power and potential in this family.

A beep came from the arm of Palpatine's chair, and he activated the com. ?What is it?? he asked curtly.

A tinny voice, full of confidence reported in, ?My lord, the Rebel fleet has just exited hyperspace. They are in the sector you predicted. We will have them flanked momentarily.?

?Thank you, commander,? he said, deactivating the com.

Outside the portal window, the trio watched as the hundreds of Rebel ships made their way toward the Death Star. They broke off the attack, clearly now aware that the shield was still operational. The massive Imperial Fleet closed in. Palpatine smiled.

?Come, boy,? Palpatine said, ?See for yourself. From here you will witness the final destruction of the Alliance, and the end of your insignificant rebellion.? He could feel the anger building in Luke, and was amused to see him turn to look at Palpatine. The Sith Lord missed very little, even the smallest of facial gestures. And this boy's face was full of them. Palpatine could read him like a book. His eyes fell to his lightsaber, which lay on the arm of Palpatine's chair.

?Yes,? Palpatine breathed. ?You want this,? he patted the weapon, ?don't you. The hate is swelling in you now. Take your Jedi weapon. I am unarmed. Strike me down with it.

2. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    It's only plagarism if you don't give credit for the original source! :D

That was very good. The beginning could have benefitted from a little more of Palp's POV, but overall it was excellant. I enjoyed the added dialogue, and the whole thing was very well written. Good job!

--later--

3. tatooinewizard

tatooinewizard Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2003
    I thought that was pretty cool and well written. Good job.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.