main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Palpatine, the reason behind everything?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by galak_skywalker, May 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. galak_skywalker

galak_skywalker Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2005
    i dont know if this has been posted before but in my opinion i feel Palpatine set everything up, he sets anakin up for failure because in the beginning of aotc he suggests that padme be gaurded by "an old friend" Master Kenobi, who just so happens to be training anakin, if they had never been assigned the mission, anakin would have probably never reunited and anakin would never have the emotional difficulties he had

Just a thought

2. Iownsoup

Iownsoup Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    I can't tell if this is a joke or a troll, but I think it's pretty obvious Sidious was behind everything. The council certainly made some stupid moves, though. Putting their most troubled Jedi with Palpatine over and over?

3. minastirith

minastirith Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2005
    Palpatine knew about the prophecy, so it easy to see why he manipulated Anakin. He also knew Padme very well, so it is feasible he manipulated the situation so that Anakin and Padme would fall in love. It is even feasible that he created Anakin through the midichlorians in Shmi's stomach. There is only one flaw in this theory and the general story- the level of technology. How could Sidious(Palpatine) nor Anakin have known of the Jedi twins?

4. skimku

skimku Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2005
    Who's the genius who started the thread?

Palpatine is Iago, he outwits countless Jedi by being the most evil man in the galaxy whilst being right under their NOSES! What a legend....

He manipulates the weak minded and the senate to start the war. He's ordered clones YEARS before so that when the war kicks off, there are hands to fight it. HE knows how and when the war is going to end (with a nod of his head). HE's manipulated political office to the point where he is the ONE MAN that the sennate trust to give powers. His clones have 'order 66' bred into them. Say what you like about these Sith, but they do like to plan ahead.

With regards to Anakin, it's a good point that he may have been conceived by Palpatine's Master. (though he never actually said that he was the apprentice that struck him down in his sleep i'm assuming that he obviously is?) Perhaps that's why it's Anakins 'destiny'?

And i think his face might have been hidden away rather than caused by Mace deflecting the lighting. By that point, he has the galaxy in the palm of his hand and thinks fuk it, i like my face.

What a wuss Anakin was... even 20 years on, When Luke is mincing about on the death star, Vader's still a lapog. We see him do nothing to warrant him being 'the one. He's a slightly above average jedi.

But yes, Palpy is the creative force behind the plot. He leaps on Anakin from day one, manipulating where he goes, what he does and what he thinks about everything. The emporers true skill is knowing the reaction of others, and with this skill he can predict how others will behave and put reasons to their actions that make them look sinister.

Whatta boy. One of the true stars. And to be honest, not completely unlikable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.