Palpatine--what went wrong with him?

Discussion in 'Greenville, NC' started by Boba_Fett_of_Nine, Apr 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boba_Fett_of_Nine Jedi Knight

star 2
    What could possibly make a man so twisted and manipulative and evil. What could have happened in his life to make him this way? Please discuss your theories/opinions.
  2. Psycho_Jedi Jedi Master

star 2
  3. Jedi_Master_Kel Jedi Master

star 3
    He had a horrible childhood. He kept getting bullied by all the little spoiled Jedi Kids that lived in the temple, a few blocks from his house because his dad was a senator and they had to live on Courasant (sp).

Also, his parents were never around, due to all the formal dinners and such. Palpatine, or what those horrible Jedi brats called him, "Little Palpi" took to exploring the underside of Courasant and fell into a bad crowd. When he was just into his teens, he realized he could also manipulate the force, especially when he was angry. It was about this time he found a Sith holocron (sp). Little did he know, the Sith Lord who lost his holocron would come looking for it, and he did. After little over a year, the Sith Lord found Little Palpi practicing in the ways of the Sith. As the Sith Lord observed, Little Palpi had some very raw but extremely powerful insites into the Dark Side. After a so called accident happened to Palpatine's family, he was sent to live with Uncle on Naboo. At this point, it was thought that Palpatine ran away. His uncle never looked for him, he was 17 years old and a man anyways. However, it was the Sith Lord that secreted him away to have Palpatine as an apprentice. The Sith Lord told Palpatine how the Jedi had some blame in the death of Palpatine's parents.

More to follow about the apprenticeship of Palpatine.

Now, you know why there is no love between the Palpatine and the Jedi. He just manipulates them into doing his bidding.

JMK
  4. Entropy Jedi Master

star 4
    I still say it's because his underware is too tight.
  5. eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    He visited the Eastern Rim board. :D
  6. Entropy Jedi Master

star 4
    Tell me about it. What's up with those guys. I think they're all nuts.
  7. eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Boba Fett of Nine, we promise not to sabotage your thread. And please come back and visit us again. But remember, you were warned. ;)
  8. Boba_Fett_of_Nine Jedi Knight

star 2
  9. cinemafreak Jedi Master

star 4
  10. Dal--Intrepid Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Identity crisis - He's Chancellor Palpatine, he's Darth Sidious, he's the Emperor, he's too many things to too many people. He was bound to crack.
  11. Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling

star 5
    He was raised by his master, whoever the heck that was. I doubt Sith Lords have a very good track record as parents...and single parents at that. :p
  12. UniversalDestiny Jedi Master

star 4
    I mean look at how he raised Darth Maul?

Look at how he turned out. :p

hehe
  13. TallonKaardgamer Jedi Master

star 4
    Power overdose caused by dementia from watching too much Teletubbies.
  14. Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling

star 5
    So are you suggesting that Teletubbies are the root of all evil? :p
  15. Dal--Intrepid Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well, Teletubbies and Mentos commercials really, though I could see how Teletubbies alone could start you on a dark path.
  16. Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Hmmm...I didn't even think of the Mentos commercials, but if you watch enough of them, they could indeed warp your mind. :p
  17. Jedi_Master_Kel Jedi Master

star 3
    Teletubbies and Mentos. ROFL, hahahahahaha.

JMK
  18. eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    This is actually a very good question. I would love to know some of Palpy's background. Its been confirmed that there will be some degree of his history explained in Ep.III.
  19. Psycho_Jedi Jedi Master

star 2
    I think Chuck Amato (NCSU head football coach) had something to do with it. :p

[image=http://www.thewolfweb.com/photos/00015625.jpg]
  20. eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    OMG!! Psycho that is just TOO GOOD!! I would love to hear the Imperial March played when The Pack is introduced. NCSU fan here, btw.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.